Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013:Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Will Setanta make allowances & show Q2 & Q3 tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

EnterNow wrote: »

No idea, but the BBC are showing qualifying highlights on BBC1 at 5:15am which will lead in nicely to the race on Setanta at 6am!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EnterNow wrote: »

Just sent them a tweet to find out what the story is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? You cant drive a modern F1 car in those conditions not only is it unsafe but its plain stupid. The Australian GP is run on public roads and not a permanent race track. Try driving down on public roads in those conditions and see what its like

Are you taking the piss!

Go back watch Q1. When the track was at it wettest in Q1 Hamilton had small moment when he brushed the barrier. Now forward on 15 minutes when the track started to dry out and a dry line started to appear. How many drivers started to push and fly off. Massa, Pic and Gutierrez hit the wall late in that session when track was at its driest (intermediates) also Webber, Di Resta and Maldonado had moments.

I know its not a permanent race track and nether is Monaco or Canada and look back at the racing at them tracks over the years in a lot worse conditions than what we seen yesterday.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Just sent them a tweet to find out what the story is.
    Their schedule says they are showing the Quali highlights at 04:40 - 05:55. So I doubt they will cover quali live at midnight unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Did anyone else notice when they (sky, not sure about BBC) showed the Merc mechanic carrying a new rear wing into the garage for Hamiltons car it had a 9 on it instead of 10, meaning it was one of rosbergs wings.
    What would the consequences be if this wing had gone onto Hamiltons car?

None - there is no issue putting Rosbergs rear wing / front wing etc on Hamiltons car (in non parc ferme conditions!) - if Rosbergs' tyres had been put on that would be a different issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Infoanon wrote: »
    None - there is no issue putting Rosbergs rear wing / front wing etc on Hamiltons car (in non parc ferme conditions!) - if Rosbergs' tyres had been put on that would be a different issue

Even if the wing has Rosbergs race number on it. Arent those stickers but on in the factory and lacquered over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

How's it going lads? Any idea (roughly) what time the GP will start at tonight/tomorrow morning? Wondering whether to stay up, or sleep and wake up to watch it!

No response from setanta on twitter if we are getting the Qualifying or not:mad:

I have posted 3 times and no answer

If anyone here is on twitter drop them a message and the might be compelled to answer

https://twitter.com/SetantaSports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

How's it going lads? Any idea (roughly) what time the GP will start at tonight/tomorrow morning? Wondering whether to stay up, or sleep and wake up to watch it!
    The race is due to start at 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭rameire

qualifying lights go green at midnight
    race lights go green at 6am

coverage for race starts at 4.30 am

so glad I stayed in bed this morning, more energy for the race tomorrow.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Thanks lads. I've been flat out all week in college and I've missed all the build up or whatever.

Buzzing for it, but doubt I'll stay awake all night if its 6am! Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

Anyone know know to get a free proxy IP address for Italy , rai 2 show it live on terrestrial tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've lost all sense of time. I got up this morning at 5am, watched Q1. Got an hours kip there a while back. I'll be watching Q2 & Q3 at midnight, & then six hours later the race itself. I'm not even sure what day it is at this stage...

bbsrs wrote: »
    Anyone know know to get a free proxy IP address for Italy , rai 2 show it live on terrestrial tv.

Find a slow moving river and you should be grand

No point in using proxys when other alternatives are easier

Quali starts at midnight our time? Just to be sure like, I've been napping and drinking for the last 36 hours, don't know where the **** I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Is qualy 2&3 on Sky Sports F1?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Is qualy 2&3 on Sky Sports F1?

Yep starts at 23.45 our time

Doubt sultana will show it:mad:

Nah the raisins are showing the Ireland match - hardly worth it considering how dire we were today. So, which is better, Sky Go or third party stream?

Im watching a stream atm and its not too bad

Much rather watch in hd though

• Advertisement

Good to see them having to run throughout in case there's more rain. :)

Sky Go picture is a bit stuttery, the other stream is quite good all things considered - as good as the dried grape channel in SD!

Looks pretty dry there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Toro Rosso's are keen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

This will be a complete lottery, expect big scalps to go here

Be interesting to hear the McLaren radio, can only hope Button overruled them because it was stupid putting slicks on after Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,823 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nico and Lewis first and third respectively. I could see them locking out the front row.

Have a bad feeling that someone is going to have a nasty prang if they do Q3 on slicks.

Part wet part dry and 110% commitment dont normally go well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Vettel timed that perfectly. Hamilton went too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,256 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Massa out qualifyin Alonso :O

Advertisement