Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013:Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Thats it.. Off till tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ffs tow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

frostie500 wrote: »
    Quail has already started so if we don't get more running the grid is set from q1

You were saying? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

well thatsthat

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

That's it. Q2 and Q3 tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

EnterNow wrote: »
    Croftie said something about talk in the paddock about having Q2 & Q3 tomorrow. Maybe I heard wrong

Maybe the rule has been changed if that's the case but i know that in the past it was the case of if it's started the grid is set, hopefully we don't have to find out the answer today!
    EDIT:i stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Doh! Early start tomorrow

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah god damn it. To think I actually went into work early so I could catch this.

Actually it's on tonight, midnight or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭lolie

Joke.
    I deprived myself of i good nights sleep for this sh1te.
    New cost saving idea, dont spend money making wet tyre's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Not a good start to the season

Time to go back to bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »

Yeah just realised that, time zones are fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Wonder what they'll show on BBC One at 1300?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I'll be too drunk at midnight to log into sky go. Feck it anyway. I thought Australia was hot

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

flazio wrote: »
    Wonder what they'll show on BBC One at 1300?

I'm sure they'll have plenty. Being the first broadcast of the new season they'll need to run through all the new teams and drivers. Plus I'm sure they'll have plenty of VTs standing by about Hamilton, Button and various other drivers. Also there was about 20 minutes of decent on track action and Ben Edwads and DC commentated on the lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭Cereal Number

Can anyone tell me the point of wet tyres so? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

****ing Pussy Bull****.

Made all the funnier by the sky NZ adverts for f1 at every ad break, drumming it up :rolleyes:
    Awful start to the season :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Andrew76 wrote: »

or so?

What time is the practice exactly starting at? I would stay up for midnight. Any time after that I would head to bed for the race proper tomorrow.

If they're worried about losing viewers and sponsors and how to get punters through the gates they need to go ahead and look at last night. A lot of slightly more than casual fans will have been put off big time by this debale.

It was one thing when there was a typhoon in Japan and the more recent one was debatable but they should gotten through the session last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

What a joke. F1 is heading the same way as Nascar on the weather. I see every year delays 10 to 20 min here and there to see what happens on the weather. Yes there is times its needed places like Malaysia were its torrential in the space of a minute. But now when we see moisture we have delays. That qualifying session should of been long over before the light started to fade.

F1 in my eyes now has become to cautious on the weather.

Q. Is it the drivers. Is it race control or the team managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Infoanon

or so?

What time is the practice exactly starting at? I would stay up for midnight. Any time after that I would head to bed for the race proper tomorrow.

11am local time - Midnight in Ireland

Fading light was also a major element of the decision - wet tyres cannot cope with aqua planeing caused by standing water - Albert Park is not a purpose built race circuit and drainage will always be an issue.

or so?

Go find out yourself ya lazy git! :p

Starts at midnight our time so presumably be over before 1 assuming no delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Correct decision regardless of if you agree with it or not. There is a reason why there have been no driver deaths in a long time, but the marshals are still exposed to it (Melbourne 2000 and Italy as well)

People will moan about it and say they should have gone out but you can put lives at risk like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Did anyone else notice when they (sky, not sure about BBC) showed the Merc mechanic carrying a new rear wing into the garage for Hamiltons car it had a 9 on it instead of 10, meaning it was one of rosbergs wings.
    What would the consequences be if this wing had gone onto Hamiltons car?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Are sky sports f1 HD the only channel showing the race live

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    What a joke. F1 is heading the same way as Nascar on the weather. I see every year delays 10 to 20 min here and there to see what happens on the weather. Yes there is times its needed places like Malaysia were its torrential in the space of a minute. But now when we see moisture we have delays. That qualifying session should of been long over before the light started to fade.

F1 in my eyes now has become to cautious on the weather.

Q. Is it the drivers. Is it race control or the team managers.

The thing is if tomorrow two drivers from the same team crash and write off their cars for the race who gets the spare?

I would like to see that happen in Mercedes or in Red Bull. I could see sparks flying. If the session went ahead this monring it would have given a fair bit of time to repair a car not so tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lewis lucky there, could of been a lot worse

He was. Luckily it was only minor damage to the car, because if it was anything more serious he would have become a Q1 casualty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Are sky sports f1 HD the only channel showing the race live

Setanta as well I think.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    There is a reason why there have been no driver deaths in a long time
    Yes, reduced speeds, stronger cars and improved track design. Not the weather.

Advertisement