Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Good morning from snow-drought City. JS has gone an jinxed our chances of snow again so would you believe it, no snow!

I did look at reports for Cork AP this morning and saw no snow reported there overnight and tought the same.....:D

Dry here for now. 0.7c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Still chucking it down here in West Dub. Would folks say this is easily our best accumulations in much of Dublin since Dec 2010?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Looking at Met Radar we should have snow but have nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Heaviest snow so far by a long way here in Leixlip... main st turning white...

Must be belting down. Can't see out my velux window for snow. Glad I will be taking the bus today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

flanzer wrote: »
    Jaysus, there seems to be a constant fizz up in the Irish Sea. We're seeing the opposite of and IOM shadow. It seems to the emanating from the little island!

Are we likely to see a continuous fizz through the night? Could we be waking up to a Winter Wonderland?

BOOM! ;-)

Had a glorious sleep too. Enjoy the day folks and whatever the Irish Sea throws up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fontenoy7

DOCARCH wrote: »

I did look at reports for Cork AP this morning and saw no snow reported there overnight and tought the same.....:D

Still blizzarding in Dublin 15.... very heavy fall for past hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Still snowing D13 ,it has brightened up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

Really dark clouds to my north And east,bring on blizzard number 3!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is this going to continue all day?:)

DOCARCH wrote: »

Still blizzarding in Dublin 15.... very heavy fall for past hour or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Somewhere between Waterford and Carlow on the train and there's fairly heavy snowfall, light covering on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Snow in clondalkin.

Clondalkin in Dublin

Looking out over the apron at DUB airport, best of both worlds by the looks of it. Snow on the ground everywhere, but not too thick, and everything seems to be running smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

radar could inidicate another decent shower on route..

Looking out over the apron at DUB airport, best of both worlds by the looks of it. Snow on the ground everywhere, but not too thick, and everything seems to be running smoothly.

Think it could be closed if these heavy echoes come ashore in next 30-45mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Wow, first proper snow of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

sun coming out now - interesting to see what effect and how quickly the late March sun will have on the lying snow.

Our snow cover is becoming patchy on the roads, need this mod snow shower to make impact!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ongarboy wrote: »
    sun coming out now - interesting to see what effect and how quickly the late March sun will have on the lying snow.

It will fry it!

Dry here still atm but dark clouds gathering to my east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

sparrowcar wrote: »
    so jealous only got dusting were is that cant see on my phone !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

The four month roller coaster ride has finally paid off, everything covered in a nice white coating, skies look dark, I'm on a day off, thank you snow god.....lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Take in that Phoenix Canariensis i see peeking out on the right! It will perish!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭SteveAdti

Snowing decent flakes in Bray

adamstown1 wrote: »
    The four month roller coaster ride has finally paid off, everything covered in a nice white coating, skies look dark, I'm on a day off, thank you snow god.....lucan

Funny thing is that it has snowed on lots of occasions in Dublin this winter and spring but not with this mornings intensity.

We have already had three or four coverings in west dublin but this has been the heaviest.....west dublin normally does very well and often gets a week or so of lying snow...in 2008/2009/2010 it was closer to a months lying snow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

653A8DB5-6EDB-4E3F-B8B9-C2A849D814F7-1318-000002DA2E443BC6.jpg

Clonee

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Back garden white this morning :D Still snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

Couple of cms in Kilcock. Brilliant.

Coat on, wellies on, kids prepped - I'm going in (out.)

Big fluffy snow here now.

1.2c DP -1.4c

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

Stopped in clondalkin for about 30 seconds. Coming down heavy again now. Is this the theme for the day? Irish sea expected to keep delivering white gold?

Clondalkin in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Im in Carlow for the week with the family and a good covering here this morning. Snow tourism is great! Funnily enough the met radar shows nada here.... or maybe I just can't find Carlow on a map without names! (its the former)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement