Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Random Lego chatter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HorseSea

So far they are not faking the collectable series minifigs, or are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I haven't seen any copies of the CMF's but that's not to say they won't start doing copies.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Yeah they are, heard some fake series 1 clowns about.

That's what I was afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭p_o_s_t_y

I saw an image of the series 1 complete set,it's by decool I think,they are replicas of Legos series 1,Bricklink is the only place left really

• Advertisement

p_o_s_t_y wrote: »
    I saw an image of the series 1 complete set,it's by decool I think,they are replicas of Legos series 1,Bricklink is the only place left really

I think to be fair though you see a lot of the same people selling Lego on Adverts so it's easy enough to spot legitimate minifigs. I'd be wary of buying single minifigs off new members though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys. I might be selling part of my Lego collection. I would love to do it as neat as possible. All parts checked with brick link and bagged up. I got all manuals and all boxes too.

I was thinking what bags could I use for it? I presume grip seal bags would be the best solution? I can see a lot of them on amazon and very cheap, but is there any places where I could get some in brick and Mortars?

Guys. I might be selling part of my Lego collection. I would love to do it as neat as possible. All parts checked with brick link and bagged up. I got all manuals and all boxes too.

I was thinking what bags could I use for it? I presume grip seal bags would be the best solution? I can see a lot of them on amazon and very cheap, but is there any places where I could get some in brick and Mortars?

I got two packs of zip lock bags in my local Aldi last week. Standard & slightly larger ones. Their grand for most sets. Are you selling anything interesting?

I use the 3 liter Lidl zip lock bags. Most sets would fit into one, the larger sets (1,000 pieces +) may need two.

What are you selling?

I got two packs of zip lock bags in my local Aldi last week. Standard & slightly larger ones. Their grand for most sets. Are you selling anything interesting?

Were those bags on special or normally available? I wonder where else I could get those bags?
    Some irish places sell it, but in packs of thousands... I dont need that much...

I am not sure what I will sell. I might keep all my Lots and Hobit collection, but Technic, Creator and a few small Town things might go. I will see.

• Advertisement

Dunnes Stores have new Freezer bags that are ziplock, very strong and cheap. Not that big, but I use them or multiples for set storage. I think they are only €1 a box of 15 large or 30 medium.

I would be interested to hear what you are selling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Plenty of facebook groups if you want to buy or swap minifigures. Ive started collecting too an managed to get a box of series 10 for 60stg. Will take my set and sell the rest. If anyone wants to swap some let me know what you have.

madalig12 wrote: »
    Plenty of facebook groups if you want to buy or swap minifigures. Ive started collecting too an managed to get a box of series 10 for 60stg. Will take my set and sell the rest. If anyone wants to swap some let me know what you have.

How much would you want for a full set?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'd be interested in seeing what you're selling as well. You'd rarely see good stuff on sale in Cork, most of the interesting stuff is around the Pale.

Were those bags on special or normally available? I wonder where else I could get those bags?
    Some irish places sell it, but in packs of thousands... I dont need that much...

I am not sure what I will sell. I might keep all my Lots and Hobit collection, but Technic, Creator and a few small Town things might go. I will see.

Yeah we often buy them there. I didn't know lidl sold larger ones, that's good to know.

I'd be interested in seeing what you're selling as well. You'd rarely see good stuff on sale in Cork, most of the interesting stuff is around the Pale.

I am not sure yet. As I said, I am keeping all my Lotr and hobit stuff, but I might sell off other stuff. I got my boxes back so was able to do a picture. I will try to get bags tomorrow and sort out all sets on my spare time with no rush. All of my technic parts are taken apart and in drawers, but other stuff in one big bin. After that I will see what can I sell.

DSC_0707_zps71nx9eao.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

What Lego City Fire engine sets are those? The Boy is mad about Fire Engines at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

What Star Wars sets are those? Looks like the same one twice, but still can't make out what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Rhyme wrote: »
    I don't have a huge problem with individual users offloading their knock-offs at a huge discount but I would with Adverts.ie stores as they typically replenish stock. There was a store in the past that neglected to inform that what they were selling was knock-off Lego, a few questions later and a report or two and the store disappeared... I think.

I've found many of them too don't even have the item on them, what they're essentially doing is just ordering them off a Chinese website for you

Don't get the ones from Tesco! They're absolutely crap. I get the resealable ones that aren't ziplock

GodlessM wrote: »
    What Star Wars sets are those? Looks like the same one twice, but still can't make out what it is.

Sorry. Was a bit busy and did not even had a chance to look for those damn bags. Those are 75002 sets. 2 of them and both sealed. In fact all sets on the right from technic mountain are all sealed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

gubbie wrote: »
    Don't get the ones from Tesco! They're absolutely crap. I get the resealable ones that aren't ziplock

Agreed. The zips are fair dodgy.
    Sorry. Was a bit busy and did not even had a chance to look for those damn bags. Those are 75002 sets. 2 of them and both sealed. In fact all sets on the right from technic mountain are all sealed.

Will have to get back to you on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

The new Simpsons Series 2 and a Kwik E Mart set have both been officially announced for May!

Announced on @LEGO_Group twitter feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Brendão wrote: »
    The new Simpsons Series 2 and a Kwik E Mart set have both been officially announced for May!

Announced on @LEGO_Group twitter feed.

Looks good, but 200 euro is really expensive for that set. At that price they should have at least had a frozen jasper exclusive figure instead of a fecking sticker.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Had this made for my 5 years olds birthday tomorrow... :D

341944.jpg

Spocker wrote: »
    Had this made for my 5 years olds birthday tomorrow... :D
    I don't think it's genuine lego, the studs aren't branded :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

All I can say is... ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just came across this thread and it made me remember the HUGE Lego collection I gathered as a kid. Had a lot of rare Star Wars sets such as both Slave 1 ships with minifigs (lost the Jango Fett one and his jet pack :( ), General Grevious wheel bike set, Jedi ultimate space battle, Clone turbo tank, Land speeder classic and some other huge ship thing that has a handle you can pick it up with :P pity most of them are in pieces now and scattered all over the place :(

EDIT: I've also realised that I've got either the full complete Lego minifigures series 1 or 2. And Castle of Morcia from Kingdom knight collection(?) and Dragon Fortress from oriental expedition collection(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Argos now beginning to stock the summer wave of sets, especially the new star wars stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Grim. wrote: »

Why do they have two green plate pieces in the pic? I understand the brick separator (even though it isn't necessary to show it in the pic) but why the green plates?

Advertisement