Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Elections 2013 (Voting Thursday March 14) #VoteUL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

When it comes to finances they both seem to fall down slightly,

James' focus on the hardship fund is good but the methods of growing it would be very difficult to implement, getting industry to support an 'assistant fund' which is delegated by a third party as they see fit could prove difficult

Cartíonas focus on grants is a good too, but emails and workshops are almost impracticable, the SUSI backlog is mostly for incoming first year students who would have no email access in the summer when the info is needed and all forms are filled out during the summer workshops are redundant

I think this will be the most interesting area to see how they plan on implementing effectively each of their plans, up to Cathal now

• Registered Users Posts: 2 beansmonkey

bella103 wrote: »

Agreed, though it took me awhile to get through, seriously impressive

Its a serious manifesto yes but are all the points a serious possibly or are we just resting on pipe dreams and magic unicorns. Rereading again and again makes it all the more clear that yes some points are achievable but alot are questionable at best. Waiting patiently on cathal ronans now. Lets see what he brings to the table....

Tighearnan wrote: »
    The welfare person is not some faceless person. He was introduced to first years during orientation. There are tons of pictures of him around the su, on the su website, in each copy of an focal, and on his door.

There is a difference to a play on the stig and what we saw which was ripping it off terribly with **** sound and terrible video quality and a **** message.

Also taken quotes of the stig, a faceless person to show how he wont be a faceless person seems pointless dont ya think ?

I think if you took a sample of first years a tiny percentage would know who Cathal is, (not Cathals fault btw)

as for picture and sound quality it is a college production not hd RTÉ

It's a gimmick, people know and 'recognise' the stig, it's a way to spread the word and make a point, give the lad some slack for thinking outside the box

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tighearnan

Quintis wrote: »
    I think if you took a sample of first years a tiny percentage would know who Cathal is, (not Cathals fault btw)

as for picture and sound quality it is a college production not hd RTÉ

It's a gimmick, people know and 'recognise' the stig, it's a way to spread the word and make a point, give the lad some slack for thinking outside the box

He didnt think outside the box, he copied straight off the tv.

Also claiming its ok to have crappy production quality because its a college production is a terrible approach. Most phones these days record in 1080p. If you dont believe me I can link you to so many other videos done within ul with great quality. Look at paddys videos that were recorded during the year. Done by a 3rd year mmpt student.

Edit -
    Here is a campaign video that took me about an hour to make 3 years ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kFvw9lBKU

He didnt think outside the box, he copied straight off the tv.

Also claiming its ok to have crappy production quality because its a college production is a terrible approach. Most phones these days record in 1080p. If you dont believe me I can link you to so many other videos done within ul with great quality. Look at paddys videos that were recorded during the year. Done by a 3rd year mmpt student.

Edit -
    Here is a campaign video that took me about an hour to make 3 years ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9kFvw9lBKU

To say your campaign video is off better quality is clearly seeing it through rose tinted glasses, this was obviously a video of Lorcan pointing out the dangers around UL as James points out the Welfare office needs a greater public face.
    Going by views alone there is a clear winner which is even beyond the point, Lorcan made a valid point as did James, they went about it in different ways and that should be respected not criticised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tighearnan

To say your campaign video is off better quality is clearly seeing it through rose tinted glasses, this was obviously a video of Lorcan pointing out the dangers around UL as James points out the Welfare office needs a greater public face.
    Going by views alone there is a clear winner which is even beyond the point, Lorcan made a valid point as did James, they went about it in different ways and that should be respected not criticised

You have no idea what I am talking about. I am not talking about their policies, im on about sound quality and video quality. That is why I linked the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

MK90 wrote: »
    I am not, I might appear defensive because I think it's refreshing that we have a typical student running for office and not the usual "big shot" and seeing McMahon has his video and manifesto out first I think that there is more to come from him.

I respect your opinions why you think James isn't suited for the job but i think its early days yet.

I can see Caitriona being the front runner though, lets just hope her campaign is good because she is definitely the strongest candidate in this election.

But that doesn't rule out Cathal Ronan. He is a big personality around UL and I have to say I liked his manifesto last year but didn't follow through on his promises e.g. "shag week like charity week", "welfare on wheels" and I never heard anything about this weekly run. Maybe he did do activities but I can't remember them happening, please correct me if I am wrong on this. It will be interesting what he has lined up this year.

Sorry if I came across biased I wish all the candidates the best of luck

Werent they all typical students though? What makes someone not a typical student? another buzz word. Is catriona not a typical student? Cathal was a student the year before last.

A typical student well never need the union (apart from them doing events) and that is why he will lose.

Well he better have more or he will lose by a good bit.

The strongest candidate is the person who has been doing the job for the last year, you think she is more suited. not important really.

As for Cathal not doing the stuff he said he would. We gotta ask him why not, I would like to think he wasnt at home just playing the xbox.

The run was done but it was him and 2 others, one of those was an ex student who graduated. I knew the other guy and I asked. Its not his fault if there was no demand for it.

As for the couch, it would be better to go and ask him why it didnt get done. It might have been done once or twice for all we know but it could have been a disaster. I would not have sat down on it.

Putting your manifesto out first is an awful move as the others can counter his one by adding to theirs. It was an amateur mistake and I'm sure their teams are pouring over it and taking it apart and editing theirs. maybe next year they should be released at the same time by whoever would be in charge of the election rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

He made two mistakes
    One
    He has alienated a group of students already.
    Two
    He picked the wrong song

So much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Xoli

Quality aside, James' video just doesn't get across any information. The chances of students watching the video more than once are pretty slim, and to lose that opportunity to get your message across as clearly and concisely as possible is a bad call in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

To be fair, videos are often about getting your face seen and introducing yourself primarily.

For anyone who hasn't decided who to vote on and who wants to take the whole process seriously, they'll look to a candidate's manifesto and then ask about the contents.

(not really involved in any campaign, and don't have a vote but if I did I'd support Emma and Catriona - and not because of their involvement in the KC but because I know that both are very capable and are realistic, yet ambitious)

• Advertisement

You have no idea what I am talking about. I am not talking about their policies, im on about sound quality and video quality. That is why I linked the video.

To repeat rose tinted glasses, the 'video' quality of your video is very poor in comparison and I have made that clear already, read comments properly before shooting from the hip!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Dante on Fire

Hi all,

Everything is approved and the Campaign is in full flight. I am putting out my manifesto as I have done in my facebook campaign the layout is as such:

1-Bio
    2- What I have done this year
    3 -What I plan on doing next year.

The campaign is based a lot on research carried out throughout the year. I have deliberately reviewed my manifesto from last year and developed it from my work over the past year. I hope you find it interesting and feel free to ask me any questions or pop over to my table in red rasin or come to one of our information nights in the villages.

I'm going to leave you with my Bio and then post the other two one after another as its quite substantial and I know how a lot of reading can make someone pack in caring about an issue.

Can I finish by saying best of luck to everyone this week pundits candidates and spectators alike, this week is always great fun and everyone should be commended for putting their name forward

Bio

First off thank you for taking the time to read and look at my page. It’s great to see students get informed and involved. So I'm Paddy Rockett I am your current VP/Academic in University of Limerick Students Union

I have been involved in the Union for a great time have been part of good teams and bad teams and the one thing I learned about myself is that I am passionate about this job and have enjoyed developing it beyond its day to day operations.

I graduated in Science Education and my interests include Music, comedy, representation and as a teacher, education. Last year I said I bring more than any other candidate in terms of experience; a Class Rep for three years, ULSU Community and Fundraising Officers, Representative on Staff-Student Committees, Anti Fees Protester, a Vice-President of the Students' Union, a year as Campaigns and services Officer and this year VP/Academic,

But in a life outside the Union, I am a youth ambassador for See Change which is an organization designed to combat stigma regarding mental health.
    I like to think I am very passionate about helping people and that has been a core philosophy for me throughout my term here. I like to challenge myself and always enjoy new experiences.

Come have a chat with me or my great team over the week a single page cannot contain the ideas I have has for his role as Academic Officer.
    Wishing all candidates and students the best of luck over the next week.Remember Vote Paddy Rockett #1 for VP/Academics This Thursday.

vote.ulsu.ie

You can read below or check out here: Whats Done?

I have successfully secured Library Extensions from 8am to 2am during Study and exam weeks. This has led to new negotiations for peak times for FYP students.
    • Stopped Science and Engineering faculty introducing a policy similar to PESS based on compulsory attendance.
    • Introduced ULSU’s own brand of Academic help – 1)Study Skills and 2)Academic Help series.
    • Tackled the issue of Exam results and timed release after Academic Grading leading to a streamlined release and less hassle for you at an already stressful time
    • Produced Online videos relating to key issues in the Academic Office. These have been an invaluable resource to me and our students who have found them helpful.
    • I have represented students on Academic committees and in Discipline fairly and fiercely. In times when Academic council focused on how much money they could get it was important to uphold the quality of Teaching and the Value of the Student Experience in UL.
    • In light of the Library Development Issues I have secured extra space during peak times in the library that will accommodate an extra 150 people. It may not seem like it now but that will be essential for exam season – 150 extra students helped out.
    • I have worked with the VPAR to deliver a new system of Lecture/Student evaluations. In previous years these were carried out by the Student’s Union and the University. In the future we will have an external body, one which is unbiased that will facilitate constructive feedback for both parties.
    • Over the past year I have facilitated discussion and focus groups relating to Co-op to deal with feedback. Everyone says the Co-op office is terrible but these stories were anecdotal so we could not do anything with them. I facilitated Co-op evaluation and have worked well with the Co-op office to deliver amicable resolutions between both parties.
    • Carried out an Exam and Study week campaign. For this Semester I have secured extra sponsorship which means quality packs for your upcoming exams.
    • I have also dealt with countless students and classes to tackle issues with lecturers, problems with their courses and so much more.
    So what is next? After research and discussions with students this is what I propose as my plan:

You can read the points below or Click here

• Online QCA calculator: Students have had such difficulty in working out their QCA and when planning for their new semester. I have researched two American Universities that have an “easy to use” GPA calculator. It’s easy to use and only requires input from you. Dead handy!

• Library development: This has been halted due to legal issues and need to be back in the spotlight. Working with the Library and University staff its clear that next year should have a Strong leader in Academics to refocus the Universities pledge to develop the library. We as a Students Union have the ability to get what we want from such a development.

• Maths Proficiency programme: Science and Engineering Faculty has claimed that the 40% of students from their faculty who did not progress into the next year could not do so because of their ability in Maths. With this in mind I have started discussions relating to online videos that tackle individual questions that would come up in a paper. This would engage both the student and academic body. They are short and informative and will be entitled (for example) “A minute on Linear Programming” etc.

• Plagiarism is huge in UL both minor and major. It has devastating effects for your academic life and has never been tackled by the Students Union. I will run campaigns to inform and give examples of plagiarism and will work with Sarah Moore in the University to implement the new plagiarism guidelines with our students.

• Break out Academic Den: The current photocopy room in the SU serves no purpose as all the photocopiers are broken. It costs thousands for new and replacements. This room could serve a much higher purpose. With a built in projector and a computer it can be a functional room for our student to practice group presentations or Teaching classes. Or it can be a breakout room for students carrying out research for their FYPs. With the right attitude and some DIY that room could be very useful to students.

• Graduate Attribute skill sessions. I will develop a programme of extracurricular classes with the enablement fund and University backing to engage students in thinking about the Universities graduate attributes. This could involve Invisio training for Leaders, Public speaking classes, teambuilding workshops etc, all of which are targeted at the at developing the 6 graduate attributes of the university.
    GA_13.jpg&w=215&h=256&ei=e6A9UfO1CeqN7Ab-4YHoBw&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:2,s:0,i:85&iact=rc&dur=2857&page=1&tbnh=170&tbnw=143&start=0&ndsp=20&tx=88&ty=72

• Faculty Weeks – Lets bring back our faculty Balls and our fun weeks to showcase the various talents and interests of our Faculties. Recently KBS did a business lunch with local businesses, students and lecturers and has the potential to set up networking and community feeling within our faculties. Thus a centre for support and academic improvement is created. Imagine something unique in each faculty that showcases you and your discipline.

• And finally my pride and joy for the past year. For the first time in history ULSU has created a module led by me and developed with the centre for teaching and learning.
    It is entitled: “Superhumans: You and the world”
    This module is a personal development module that is currently going through academic review for approval. This module will have 5 weeks of leadership, public speaking and campaign strategy lessons and would culminate in a project design for a national or local campaign. So for example: Male suicide in Ireland. After the 5 week training sessions, a campaign goes into motion and the assessment is how the student develops and completes that campaign. It tackles all of the 6 graduate attributes and adds a new dynamic to your Academic life here. It’s an opportunity to be involved in something bigger and get accreditation for it. This elective module could be a core dynamic to your CV after you graduate

I hope you have enjoyed reading my manifesto.As always you can ask me anything and have a laugh with this as well. Its half the battle in terms of engagement.

Paddy

I think Paddy wins academic.

Mccoy was rambling on about the library but I think Paddy has a much better idea for the library.

Not too mention a new module.

....no blinds though or ink wells. I think he will find it hard for votes.

Kennedy O'Briens manifesto for President

Greater Student Involvement-

Build a better connection between the SU and general student body bygetting more active and visible around the college.

Foster a better relationship between the SU and C&S through greaterinvolvement and support.

Encourage all sabbatical officers to get feedback and suggestions fromstudents around campus at least once a week.

Build on the success of the student involvement on referendum day andmake an annual C&S exhibition day to show what they have to offer.

Campaign and Events Working Groups-

Following the removal of the Campaigns and Services Officer, there hasbeen a detrimental effect on campaign visibility. I would set up acampaigns working group to help take the pressure off of the variousofficers and it in turn would provide valuable experience for thestudents.

The Charity Week and Referendum working groups demonstrated that thereis an appetite for getting from students in the college. I would liketo expand on this to have greater involvement from students throughoutthe year.

Anonymous Feedback and Connectivity-

Develop a system to gather anonymous feedback on each position, and event.

Constant updates from each Sabbatical Officer on what they haveachieved over the past week/fortnight/month via Facebook or Youtube.

The Students’ Union works for what the Students want. I would look toget more students opinions on what they would like to see.

Services-

Continue to look for a 24 hour library or undergrad area.

Canvass the library for a better selection and more e-books.

Extend opening hours of labs to accommodate students who may not havetime to use them during the day.

As currently the only 24 hour undergrad area is the Red Raisins, Iwould look at providing better services for these students. This couldbe as simple as getting a kettle for the students who spend latenights studying and doing assignments.

Security-

Canvass the University to improve security on campus. The numbers ofbike and car robberies, along with break-ins on campus and otherincidents means this is an area which needs improvement so allstudents feel safe at any time of day.

Entertainment-

Continue the policy of promoting home-grown and local talent

Give clubs and societies help and encouragement to provide a betterrange of events on campus.

Use home-grown and local talent this would minimise the costs andallow more money to be spent on bigger acts.

Utilise the common room in the students' union by showing televisionduring the day to help students stay on campus and not miss classes.As such I would have television playing shows such as 'Home and Away'in the Common Room.

Movie Nights: Make use of the Students Union’s and Universityprojectors to hold more movie nights in conjunction with various Clubsand Societies.

Charity Week-

Rumours of an end to Charity week have been around for the last year.I would run a Student Referendum and let the students have their say.Neither side of this referendum would be backed by the union; insteadthe Union would strive to give both sides equal say.

SUSI Grants-

The Centralised Student Grant office processed only 16% ofapplications by November 2012. This resulted in student’s strugglingto make ends meet and led to a higher number of students availing ofboth counselling services and the Welfare services. SUSI attributedmuch of this to lack of documentation, and incomplete documentation. Iwould create a series of videos/prezi’s to ensure UL studentsunderstand what is required. I would also improve communicationbetween the Students’ Union, the SAA and SUSI to keep studentsinformed on their status.

Skills and Experience-

I would look to work with local businesses such as pubs to providestudents with valuable experience in a variety of activities. Thiscould be simply learning how to pull a pint, a skill which opens doorsto employment on your J1's and work abroad holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭SellingJuan

• Stopped Science and Engineering faculty introducing a policy similar to PESS based on compulsory attendance.
    :

Firstly not campaigning for anyone.

Is this true? Because if it is, its a pretty big thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Fairly Obvious whom I'm shouting for by the title. :cool:

Here is a link to her website:-

www.emmaporter.me

Hope you can find your way to giving her the number 1 and if not highest preference after that please !! :-)

Have to give Emma a hand for getting up and going early. Fair play to her guys for being out braving the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Jester252 wrote: »
    Have to give Emma a hand for getting up and going early. Fair play to her guys for being out braving the snow.

Pretty sure she's been out in worse :cool: Guaranteed to have a great campaign, been planning it for ages, really wants it and as we can see willing to put the work in for it.

Also, Parkour lads be mental, just saying.

*Totally unashamed at my gigantic plug* :D

• Advertisement

DJCR wrote: »

Pretty sure she's been out in worse :cool: Guaranteed to have a great campaign, been planning it for ages, really wants it and as we can see willing to put the work in for it.

Also, Parkour lads be mental, just saying.

*Totally unashamed at my gigantic plug* :D

She is wearing a turtle neck. For this reason I am out.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Wow. This Sheet got real!, Thank god I wasn't running this year! Best of luck to everyone who is running! and Enjoy the experience as you will, in most cases (ahem paddy) never experience something like it again!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Chavways wrote: »
    Caitríona Ní Dhonnchú

Sexual Health

​Cheap Durex condoms
    I intend to buy Durex condoms in bulk, and pass on the savings to students. A 144 box would be available for just €40 or alternatively 6 Durex condoms for €2. This initiative would support and encourage safer sex, leading to fewer STIs and unplanned pregnancies. Free condoms will still be available from the SU. Also, a condom-mobile will travel around campus every week to make contraception more accessible, and giving you the opportunity to chat to me about anything at all that is on your mind.

Why is this point in EVERY Welfare manifesto the last few years? It serves to do nothing else other than undermine the already low confidence students have in the Mojo condoms. If the Mojo ones really are terrible, then get rid of them completely. Surely if they're so unreliable that Welfare Officers feel it necessary to provide cheap Durex condoms as an alternative, then they shouldn't be providing Mojo at all?

If, on the other hand, Mojo go through the same testing and QA that Durex do, then why is this always a core point on manifestos?

“Safe Sex” Sessions

Teehee...

Sign me up! ;)

Overall, a strong manifesto. Blows McMahon away, but will reserve judgment until I see Cathal's.
    Ha its obviously a play on the stig, that is the point of the video, suggesting that everyone should know who the welfare officer is, as opposed to some faceless person, that is quite obvious

I'd be careful with that word "obviously", because I watched that video and didn't get a whiff of the Stig reference, and I'd consider myself a Top Gear fan. Maybe it was because they kept switching between "Some say he..." and "I heard he...". If you're going to ape an idea, ape it right.
    To be fair, videos are often about getting your face seen and introducing yourself primarily.

I whole heartedly agree. That's why I think it's a bit unfair that James' video is getting so much criticism. I mean it got his fac-

What?

He was only in the video for four seconds?

But surely that can't be right?

Surely he would have been in the video for more than four seconds if he wanted to get his face out there?

No?

Four seconds?

Really?!

Wasn't the Stig Ruan's thing?
    Also James campaigners just seem so unapprochable. Maybe if they of their phones and unfolded their arms it might help.
    Overall they are out of the blocks quicker than last year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jester252 wrote: »
    Wasn't the Stig Ruan's thing?
    Also James campaigners just seem so unapprochable. Maybe if they of their phones and unfolded their arms it might help.
    Overall they are out of the blocks quicker than last year.

Last year the Monday of election week was a Bank Holiday IIRC, so it's to be expected that they'd be off to a quicker start, especially with there being more candidates.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Last year the Monday of election week was a Bank Holiday IIRC, so it's to be expected that they'd be off to a quicker start, especially with there being more candidates.
    I was looking more at first day start off. I remember most of the runners didn't have manfesto until after 2pm. Which is pretty bad to be fair. It was also made worst with the fact that they had an extra day to get ready over this years crop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Concy B

So I'm a good friend of Caitriona and helped her quite a bit with formatting her manifesto so I know it quite well and quizzed her on everything as I was going through it. I don't post here at all and I wouldn't go to the effort of posting just for a superficial plug (I was going to make a new account when it turned out I'd made one already - had one of these moments: http://i.qkme.me/3oc09m.jpg ). However over the last few weeks working with her and the hours I spent analyzing every point of the manifesto I've gotten to see how passionate and realistic she is about the office of Welfare.

Every point on her manifesto, the workshops, the welfare crew as co-op positions, the online campaigns; she has been to talk to all the relevant people in the University already about these and has gotten their backing. These points aren't unsubstantiated "pipe dreams and magic unicorns." (Beansmonkey post #153).

I don't know if the amount of volunteering that she's done with welfare organisations around Limerick has been fully recognized. She has been continuously volunteering since before she came to UL to study mental health nursing (She did 2 years of primary school teaching in Mary I prior to this). It is quite clear to anyone who has talked to her that she is doing this for the love of helping others and not for safe employment for a year - not that any of the candidates are, at least I hope not. Also Cathal Ronan may have a year of experience in the office dealing with people's trials and tribulations which he may not be able to talk about in his campaign but Caitriona has been doing this for years through her volunteer work and her placement for nursing. This isn't theoretical to Caitriona, this is what she loves doing and what she has been doing for a long time and will be doing for a long time to come.

Finally she's posting podcasts every evening this week where she'll be addressing her manifesto and any recurring queries people have about her, her motivations, her campaign and the universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YA8Sb8gbM8

I'll be giving her my number 1 vote, not because I'm her friend but because she's the best candidate for the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Cathal Ronan #1 for ULSU Welfare Officer
    Manifesto

Hello every one. My name is Cathal Ronan and I am currently the Deputy President Welfare Officer. I am running for re-election. So far in my term I have achieved the following;
    • Obtained and awarded four 50% on campus accommodation scholarships to the value of €9,000.
    • Obtained and awarded a 100% childcare bursary to the value of €4,800.
    • Increased the funding available to students for financial aid.
    • Assessed and awarded the student assistance fund with a budget of €236,000.
    • Established and mediated landlord/student disrepute meetings.
    • Increased the number of free condoms and lube at no cost to the student or union.
    • Completed sexual health training with Red Ribbon Project Limerick.
    • Completed a Cardiac First Response course with STAC.ie
    • Helped negotiate the reduced prices in the medical centre and abolish the charge for the psychiatrist.
    • Transferred the financial process (hardship and childcare) online for more efficiency and accountability.
    • Introduced new policies to the financial aid process to ensure funding is constantly being returned.
    • Became a partner organisation with See Change (The national organisation for reducing the stigma attached to mental health).
    • Dealt with a large number of student issues privately and confidentially.
    • Developed an excellent relationship with staff in the university and various national organisations.
    If re-elected I have a number of objectives that I intend to achieve;
    • Set up a welfare office on the north campus to further the approachability of the union – At the moment I have been given permission to set up in the medical building on the North campus in the lobby – if things go well I hope to secure an office over there where I can be based there once a week. My foot is in the door and with your support I hope to push through.
    • Increase the funding available for the hardship loan.
    • Establish self-defence workshops in conjunction with Krav Maga instructors for both male and female.
    • Create an express/emergency hardship loan.
    • Create a student safety forum.
    • Undergo training to offer better support for students – (PINK training, ASIST training to name a few).
    • Set up a welfare working group with its main objective to ensure student led campaigns and seek sponsorship for campaigns using the contacts I have built up this term.
    You should vote for me because I have previous experience working as a youth development leader and as the current welfare officer I know what needs to be done. I already understand the ins and outs of the office. I will not have to undergo three months training during the summer and I can hit the ground running and start working for you, the students, straight away. Last but not least I love this job. Last year I asked you for the opportunity to prove myself. This year I am asking once again for that opportunity. I want to build on what I have already accomplished. Last year was the year for change, now is the time for development.
    How do you vote?
    • Thursday the 14th of March
    • Online at http://vote.ulsu.ie

Why go back to the drawing board when the foundations have already been laid.

Ronan #1 for Welfare

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭djnr8

Also as regards affiliation, I will be campaigning for Rob Sheahan

• Advertisement

I like how differnt Cathals manifesto is to the one he put out last year. Not a single mention of welfare campagines I wounder why?
    I also question is to why are we only finding out what he has done now? I also don't remember any calls for the grants for on campus living.

Advertisement