Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i hate having no runner in the final round come sunday. Whats worse is there point even getting involved in running because there no value there with such a big lead

walker have played some fantastic golf this week and over the last few months to be fair.

He was always someone i viewed as being under priced so i rarely considered him but i think it is time to change that perception i have of him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

redzerdrog wrote: »
    i hate having no runner in the final round come sunday. Whats worse is there point even getting involved in running because there no value there with such a big lead

what about the w/o Walker market,Phil and Hunter may get a bit aggressive but the other guys up near the top may play a bit more cautious as they just want a nice cheque,Ryan Palmer @12/1 maybe,but Michael Thompson @50/1 looks waayy too big?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hope so,was thinking about backing the field @3/1,if I had a score on I probably would but I think he should do it.
    I'm just thinking of what happened Dustin Johnson a few years back although that was the us open.
    A few up the top will be happy with a decent cheque,no major risks,so the only dangers are Phil and Hunter.

I really think you'll be fine, man. While the course is not playing US Open tough, there's not been many low rounds around Pebble Beach this week and as Redzer said, he's playing some terrific stuff this season and has that W notched on belt already from earlier in the season. Phil will need to shoot -5 or so and hope Walker shoot around a few over par to have a real chance. Hunter is a couple of shots better off, but again, can't see someone going out there and blitzing the course coupled with Walker imploding.

Oh, and please don't remind of the 2010 US Open (had Johnson, Els, Love and Mickelson that day :()

walker have played some fantastic golf this week and over the last few months to be fair.

He was always someone i viewed as being under priced so i rarely considered him but i think it is time to change that perception i have of him

I honestly thought he should have been up there with the favs,25/1 for a player in his form with great recent course form was decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Stumbled across this thread, didnt realise so many people, have been doing what i have for years.

Been doing the e/w doubles for years now

Even trebles occasionally, when Asia tour is on also

Will be checking in next week

This week I had :

Joburg Open

Trevor Fisher & David Drysdale

AT&T

Hunter Mahan & Aaaron Baddeley

I used to use the annual Keith Elliot books of Golf Form and miss them, but still enjoy the 4 day punt of chasing the double

just had a look at the w/o walker market and dustin would be the one to interest me a 14s but not going play it as this weekend have been a mare. Instead am gong to do some research for next week

just had a look at the w/o walker market and dustin would be the one to interest me a 14s but not going play it as this weekend have been a mare. Instead am gong to do some research for next week

I had looked ahead to Riviera whilst researching for Pebble,i actually fancied Walker more for next week but that's a big ask now and price will be sheite.

The other one I'm sticking with is Chris Kirk,he didn't bring his putter this week it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Jo'burg
    Otto
    Warren
    M Carlsson
    Molinari

Atnt
    G Mac
    Sneds
    Aphibarnrat
    Baddeley
    Hoffman
    Mcgirt
    Bvp

Small ew double of Schwartzel and Speith

Rotten week,May do a bit more research instead of blindly following half decent prices.

Rotten week,May do a bit more research instead of blindly following half decent prices.

Baddley might be worth sticking with next week if you get a nice early price,i expect him to be popular at a price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Have my eye on some really nice prices for the AT&T

Waiting on top10 and top20 markets for the following

Bryce Molder 80/1
    Brian Gay 125/1
    James Driscoll 150/1
    Richard H Lee 200/1

Each way

Bryce Molder 80/1
    Spencer Levin 60/1
    Robert Garrigus 66/1

Might add a few more shorter odds later in the week.

Still in the hunt for some decent place money if Lee can hang in there. Molder can also make some money for me if he can get into top 10.

Will sit down and do some proper research for next week but Kevin Na could be worth a look as an outsider/top 10 depending on prices.

oh and sorry bout Carlsson,sheite shout.

Will you look at Walker again this week Bob?Surely be a favorite so maybe not a great price.Wonder what kind of price Haas will be stuck out to me there at first glance not going too badly with current form as well.Will probably have to back De Laet again too,Only lad helping me out lately!

oh and sorry bout Carlsson,sheite shout.

No problem man,It was more informed than about 80% of my bets so I really can't complain!

Will you look at Walker again this week Bob?Surely be a favorite so maybe not a great price.Wonder what kind of price Haas will be stuck out to me there at first glance not going too badly with current form as well.Will probably have to back De Laet again too,Only lad helping me out lately!

jesus Jimmy couldn't do it again could he?i posted about 5 weeks ago re: De laet saying i thought he'd have a big year.
    The bookies are feckers though,few good performances and he's slashed.

Doesn't have great form there,that said he's a different player now and imo probably one of the best drivers of the ball and that's a big key at Riviera

One to look at next year might be Kevin Streelman,if the forecast is good especially as he's very short off the tee,

Yeah 2 in a row would be a bit much but its hard to see him doing badly next week.He'll be no price but everything looks to be sitting well for him lately.

DJ and Speith teasing me, great final rounds from them. Too little, too late for both surely.

edit - well DJ I should say.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    DJ and Speith teasing me, great final rounds from them. Too little, too late for both surely.

edit - well DJ I should say.
    have a look at Speith's scorecard from yesterday,make you sick

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Feck - Lee +4 for the last 4 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Done my bets for the coming week already.

Dustin Johnson 14/1 win
    Pat Perez 55 win and place
    Ryan Palmer 60 win and place
    Jason Kokrak 85 win and place
    Will Mackenzie 100/1 ew

might sneak in 1 more in coming days

Some nice performances but sadly not a thing back.

Was confident I would get place money from either Palmer or Perez as they sat T7 today each.

Another very solid week for Mackenzie

Just hope his price does not get too low.

• Advertisement

Wow

And then Walker follows a shoddy short putt on 17 with a horrible tee shot on 18 with an iron. If he's going to win, I rather he makes birdie than pars it. Hate these teasers.

ok, hope Jimmy has a dieper on:eek::eek:....don't let me down son

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

He's gonna blow it!

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Well done Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done Walker backers and anyone who made few quid.

Walker made ye sweat:p

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Well done Bob.

That wasn't pleasant,on my 6th large bottle of grolsch ,head's a bit sore,I would not have taken that well
    For any non beleivers

Dammit,Just about to pull the trigger on Tjarrt Van Den Walt @90 and he moves into 50,Sickened.
    Got Van Zyl @23

Northern Trust Open:

1) Dustin Johnson @ 14/1
    2) Jordan Speith @ 20/1

Sticking with the two from last week. Speith I'll continue to back like I did Stenson for the early part of last season. Just needs to stop imploding on Saturday is all!

Trying to narrow down two more from Olesen, DeLaet, Simpson and Matsuyama as well.

first one this week is recent winner Kevin Stadler @66/1,decent course form,accuracy improved a lot and he loves to fade the driver which is what you need @Riviera

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

first one this week is recent winner Kevin Stadler @66/1,decent course form,accuracy improved a lot and he loves to fade the driver which is what you need @Riviera

He's 80/1 on a few bookies if ya haven't already bet.

Advertisement