Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risk Of Heavy Snow Showers As It Turns Extremely Cold Sunday Night/Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

dopolahpec wrote: »
    To my eyes it is has weakened significantly since morning. Having been right under it, and supposedly still right under according to radar my basic experimental method of assessing what is floating past my window suggests that the precipitation levels have dropped off hugely. I am in Dublin docklands area.

I would say north meath and offaly have done best from this

I wouldnt say so yet, sea area between Liverpool Bay and the IOM is starting to originate showers of greater intensity and a longer fetch, there could be more intense and prolonged snow for Dublin until 3-4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Hopefully so, I do note that showers seem heavier on the eastern side of UK.

The LONGER SEA TRACK is the key to todays event! We dont have that, they do! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Amazing for temperatures to not go above 0 in march. Midday approaching and still 0 in Dublin. Been a lot of heavy snow showers today so not bad really for mid march. Fair play to those on here who predicted snow since Thursday or Friday. Took the met until yesterday to tell people. Might not be a great covering but nice to see good falls of snow throughout the day. Sure beats rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snow coming down in Ranelagh now! :)

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Some flakes falling now near UCC! I doubt there will be enough to accumulate though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Dare I say it, heavy snow in Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Snow shower here...not too heavy but nice to see all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sibehusk

Blizzards in Sandyford!!! Wooo hooo.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heavy graupel now. Everything white again.

0.1c DP -3.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Sideways again in D4, bit heavier now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pad199207 wrote: »
    The LONGER SEA TRACK is the key to todays event! We dont have that, they do! ;)

still tho the Irish Sea normally performs better than this, not only were the showers lightish to moderate but the steamers were more narrow than usuall. I was expecting several areas particularly South Dublin and Wicklow to get at least 4-6 inchs of snow if the showers developed properly.

Perhaps the wind was the culprit this time, not enough time for showers to build up properly on such a fast wind over sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

This looks a bit better http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

There's been snow pretty much on and off all morning in the CC. It's really light though. At least it's changed from graupel (around 9am) to real snow lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

It was nice for the 30s it lasted

that's what she said...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just after a few decent snow flurries in Tralee now - didn't think they'd make it this far southwest at sea level! The mountains just outside Tralee however are covered two thirds of the way down - they look stunning!

Typical that I picked this weekend to leave Dublin 15 which I heard woke up to lying snow this morning!!:rolleyes: Driving back today so hope the roads up are ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Irish Sea seems to have picked up steam in last few radar updates. Maybe something for Dublin and surrounds yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Snow coming down in Ranelagh now! :)
    Dan :)

Snow in Rathmines now as well. Not too heavy. Anyone know what the story is in Templeogue/Tallaght area - have to head out there for lunch and don't want to head there if it is bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Light snow in Cork city west side now :)

Edit: update 3 minutes later - it's stopped :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Irish Sea seems to have picked up steam in last few radar updates. Maybe something for Dublin and surrounds yet?

Keep the faith ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Very heavy snow now in Cork City!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dopolahpec

Noticeable drop in wind speed here in Dublin 3. I wonder is that aiding the development of showers out to sea? Or is there an improved fetch now the wind has altered in direction? Certainly my interest has perked a little again

*oh the drama of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Clarehobo wrote: »
    Snow in Rathmines now as well. Not too heavy. Anyone know what the story is in Templeogue/Tallaght area - have to head out there for lunch and don't want to head there if it is bad...

Snowing on and off in Tallaght. Sometimes fairly heavy.

The roads seems alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

Gonzo wrote: »
    still tho the Irish Sea normally performs better than this, not only were the showers lightish to moderate but the steamers were more narrow than usuall. I was expecting several areas particularly South Dublin and Wicklow to get at least 4-6 inchs of snow if the showers developed properly.

Perhaps the wind was the culprit this time, not enough time for showers to build up properly on such a fast wind over sea.

Wind slackening now and im right on the coast only 200m from the sea. Met e 3 hour prediction looks promising also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Those showers have made it over the UK and into the irish Sea now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

While snow watching in Dublin when this track came up on my playlist ..the result was a visual and sonic moment of perfection.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

The weather warning has been droped since 9 this morning to a yellow status.
    I think all these weather models has some people a little :pac:

If you just look out your window this morning you can tell all we are going to get is a little hail and a little snow. At least nothing in the Orange warning bracket anyway thats for sure.

I like keeping an eye on the weather especially for specific events that may pop up like snow storms and really icy days. But for those posting all the time and from 1:00 to 06:00 this morning, GO TO SLEEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Those who are complaining of not getting any snow should count themselves lucky. Enda Kenny just announced a new Snow tax!!!! Can't see it sticking though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

Coming down steadily in Templeogue for the last 15-20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Gonzo wrote: »

Does that imply that there could be productive potential this evening as the winds slackens, provided it doesnt back Northerly too quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Garzard

Weather's finally making the effort here in Dun Laoghaire!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement