Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

By-Election Confirmed for March 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Hijpo wrote: »
    Are you into sports? Are you telling me that you would condemn someone for congratulating a player they respect on an achievment simply because they are part of a different team in a different league?

If their congratulation was accompanied by a smiley face, as Gilroy's was, I would assume that the person offering it was happy about that achievement for their own reasons and was not merely offering the congratulation out of politeness.

Gilroy was on Twitter yesterday defending himself re Farage but it's notable he didn't reply to a Tweet asking whether he shared Farage's far right views on immigration.

When your fianna fail truth is not in there vocabulary. As shown by fianna fail hero bertie the liar ahern.

What does Fianna Fáil have to do with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    If their congratulation was accompanied by a smiley face, as Gilroy's was, I would assume that the person offering it was happy about that achievement for their own reasons and was not merely offering the congratulation out of politeness.

lol so ben gilroy is a far right lunatic because he put a smiley face at the end of a congratulatory tweet?

Well done on placing in that big event you spent alot of time, money and effort on :(
    or maybe
    Well done on placing in that big event you spent alot of time, money and effort on:mad:

No, it just doesnt have the same congratulatory effect does it?
    Gilroy was on Twitter yesterday defending himself re Farage but it's notable he didn't reply to a Tweet asking whether he shared Farage's far right views on immigration.

Yes, and he was honest that he appreciated what farage did and brought attention to respecting the irish vote, not even our own government does but nigel farage does. How can you not admire someone for doing that, or even wish them/there associates well in an election?

Where was the tweet about immigration? are you following ben or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

After canvassing today, I am quite confident that Thomas Byrne will take the seat.

I would hope you are wrong. It would be a shame to see Berties man get in.

It would mean that Irish voters have learnt nothing .

lol so ben gilroy is a far right lunatic because he put a smiley face at the end of a congratulatory tweet?

Well done on placing in that big event you spent alot of time, money and effort on :(
    or maybe
    Well done on placing in that big event you spent alot of time, money and effort on:mad:

No, it just doesnt have the same congratulatory effect does it?

"Congratulations on Corby"

"Congratulations on Corby :) "

Either one would be dodgy, but I think most rational people would see the second as implying the writer is personally pleased with the result. Your refusal to acknowledge this smacks of denial.
    Where was the tweet about immigration?

Here. He responded to other Tweets from the same person but not that one. Why won't he answer that question?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

darkhorse wrote: »
    Well, to quote a very prominent Irish politician, "Isnt this the kind of thing you tend to do"?

Exactly. He's as big a spoofer as the rest of them.

Exactly. He's as big a spoofer as the rest of them.

If they are all spoofers and ben is a member of a party that gives me protection from spoofers in the future then i know who im going to vote for.

"Congratulations on Corby"

"Congratulations on Corby :) "

Either one would be dodgy, but I think most rational people would see the second as implying the writer is personally pleased with the result. Your refusal to acknowledge this smacks of denial.

Sinn Fein have links with terrorists, Fine Fail are scammers and two faced liars, Fine Geal are EU lap dogs who want to change nothing but laws that evict people and rape your bank account, Labour are spinless liars, Workers party and the greens? give me a break :rolleyes:,

Now we have a man thats a member of a party who openly and honestly says he admires a person for fighting for the irish vote and in return congratulates him on an election campaign, with a smiley face (stinks of right wing lunacy that smiley face) and he gets slammed. Talk about blinkerd, what your doing as all thats wrong with this country, not opening your eyes to a bigger picture. With current partys in power nothing will ever change, with DDI the people make the changes its bloody simple.

Here. He responded to other Tweets from the same person but not that one. Why won't he answer that question?

Thats what you call damage limitation, if you dont respond people like yourself cant put another big spin on it to try tarnish his credability. An intelligent move by Ben. How many emails have you sent your TD's and local councillors to either get an automated response from there secretary or no reply at all? Yet you slam a man for not replying to a friggin tweet?

Its worse your getting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWHnHM4pvU

I find it hard to argue with the man to be honest (this is my personal oppinion), all he wants to do is get a handle on the countries borders.

This is a dangerous issue.

I am not racist, i have no problem with foreign nationals, i have foreign friends. Farage doesnt have a problem with these people and neither does ben gilroy from what i can see. What they do have is a problem with lackadaisical attitude to controling who is entering the country and what they are doing in the country.

If you can find me a youtube clip or an article where farage or Ben Gilroy say "I dont want any immigrants to ever enter this country again" then i will slate them both myself.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If they are all spoofers and ben is a member of a party that gives me protection from spoofers in the future then i know who im going to vote for.

Have you actually listened to some of the stuff he's come out with? Like in that video where he claims he uses the constitution to half the sheriff? He's away with the fairies and puts the other spoofers in the tuppence ha'penny league.

Have you actually listened to some of the stuff he's come out with? Like in that video where he claims he uses the constitution to half the sheriff? He's away with the fairies and puts the other spoofers in the tuppence ha'penny league.

Again what do the others bring to the table that makes them more accountable and makes the commit to there promises? What tools do they give to the people they claim they represent?
    nothing, all they give is the usual empty promises and excuses.
    I choose not to vote for the usual suspects anymore. Instead of punishing one crowd of scamers by voting for the other crowd of scamers i give my vote to the party that wants to change ireland for the better economically and socialy and do away with its pseudo democratic system.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Do you think enough people feel the same Hijpo? Do you think he'll be elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭rpurfield

stayed out of this for a bit to do some more research and it seems ddi is linked to this shower.BFWvnY8CUAEtF6y.jpg:large

I believe so princess, does anyone except the party hacks agree with taxing people out of a comfortable disposable income? Even if you have been careful, lived within your means and bought a modest house you are stil being forced into shelling out money for less services of already awful quality.
    rpurfield wrote: »
    stayed out of this for a bit to do some more research and it seems ddi is linked to this shower.BFWvnY8CUAEtF6y.jpg:large

If you dont like what that single branch of ddi are about then you can bring a referendum opposing there policies. You can express your opinion with DDI, why do you find it so hard to grasp that fact? If the majority of the coalition agreed with the social society of pro life or whatever they are and brought in there kind of legislations we would have to put up and shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I see that Paddy Power is quoting Miss McEntee as favourite to win by-election @ 4/7 on their web site at the moment.

Saw her on Vincent Browne show and I felt that she is cut out for politics.

I wish her every success !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Thats what you call damage limitation, if you dont respond people like yourself cant put another big spin on it to try tarnish his credability. An intelligent move by Ben. How many emails have you sent your TD's and local councillors to either get an automated response from there secretary or no reply at all? Yet you slam a man for not replying to a friggin tweet?

i wouldnt call that damage limitation i call that ignoring someone who can actually vote for him.i asked him that question ive no intention to spin it unlike a lot of people here doing his spinning for him i have a vote in this by election and he hasnt knocked on my door so im choosing to use social media for what its good for by asking questions to someone who might want my vote.i see today he has these posters outside rte 464_10200289089763367_1512911645_n.jpg

so this party that let the people decide are running a candidate that i can gather is anti choice anti eu giving his support of farage who was only wanting an no vote here because they are europskeptic and who wont answer questions someone who potentially has a vote for him asks him.defend him all you like but after seeing this poster im well and truly out of the running for backing him

i wouldnt call that damage limitation i call that ignoring someone who can actually vote for him.i asked him that question ive no intention to spin it unlike a lot of people here doing his spinning for him i have a vote in this by election and he hasnt knocked on my door so im choosing to use social media for what its good for by asking questions to someone who might want my vote.i see today he has these posters outside rte 464_10200289089763367_1512911645_n.jpg

so this party that let the people decide are running a candidate that i can gather is anti choice anti eu giving his support of farage who was only wanting an no vote here because they are europskeptic and who wont answer questions someone who potentially has a vote for him asks him.defend him all you like but after seeing this poster im well and truly out of the running for backing him

Interesting that his posters are placed between "No Entry" and "Pedestrian Entrance"

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Xenophile wrote: »
    I see that Paddy Power is quoting Miss McEntee as favourite to win by-election @ 4/7 on their web site at the moment.

As far as I am concerned, its a simple choice. If the people of Meath East want things to remain the same as they are, same as they ever were, dont vote for DDI.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

As far as I am concerned, its a simple choice. If the people of Meath East want things to remain the same as they are, same as they ever were, dont vote for DDI.

"We need something different. This is different. Therefore we need this."

There's a glaring logical fallacy in there somewhere.

Suppose it's a very bad sign when I'm thinking "which of these is the best of a bad bunch"

I've no idea who to vote for TBH, will have to do some research over the weekend

When should we expect voting cards?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    "We need something different. This is different. Therefore we need this."

There's a glaring logical fallacy in there somewhere.

Well, we have been voting people into power who, up to now, have made fallacy into an art form. You cant deny that.

• Advertisement

he uses the constitution to half the sheriff?

And did he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

I saw this too , looks like people are seeing through the Fianna Fail lies as Thomas Byrnes chances of getting elected are fading fast. I wish Bertie's man in Meath east no luck .

What would give you reason to believe that she would be treated any different than George Lee.

They are not.

What would give you reason to believe that she would be treated any different than George Lee.

George Lee never gave himself a chance!

Call it what you like, look at the damage caused by people getting into tit for tats on twitter. Like i said, intelligent move by ben.
    Lol he didnt knock on your door since they started canvasing 3 days ago, therefor he doesnt want your vote. Gime a break will ye.

Alot of people spinning? How many? On this thread is it?

once again your tarnishing one person because of what other people are doing. What about the crooks involved with other parties?

your all still missing the bigger picture of giving power back to the people.

Call it what you like, look at the damage caused by people getting into tit for tats on twitter. Like i said, intelligent move by ben.
    Lol he didnt knock on your door since they started canvasing 3 days ago, therefor he doesnt want your vote. Gime a break will ye.

Alot of people spinning? How many? On this thread is it?

once again your tarnishing one person because of what other people are doing. What about the crooks involved with other parties?

your all still missing the bigger picture of giving power back to the people.

Would have thought all the candidates would be looking for as many votes as possible! Is it just rpurfields vote he doesn't want? Is there a particular area he's not canvassing or how does he choose whos votes he wants? Why doesn't he want votes?

George Lee never gave himself a chance!

They would'nt let him say anything.

Would have thought all the candidates would be looking for as many votes as possible! Is it just rpurfields vote he doesn't want? Is there a particular area he's not canvassing or how does he choose whos votes he wants? Why doesn't he want votes?

It wasnt meant as fact, i was conveying the impression i got from rpurfields post. He basicly said ben didnt knock on his door and answer him on twitter so he must not want his vote.
    So i tried to make it clear that he was jumping the gun a bit bearing in mind they started canvasing at the weekend and possibly havent gotten to his area yet and choose to opt out of an argument on a public site, an argument that could easily turn into a discrimination or racial argument given the right twist by anyone looking to stir trouble, that doesnt mean he isnt trying to get DDI noticed

• Advertisement

Sorry, makes sense now, I misread initially

Advertisement