Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Codename Steam has dropped to about £10 on Amazon again, if you missed it the last couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Banjo wrote: »
    Codename Steam has dropped to about £10 on Amazon again, if you missed it the last couple of times.

Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

No idea, I'm one of the ones who missed it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It is worth it, its criminally underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Resident Evil Revelations is €9.99 on the Wii U e-shop and €8.99 on the 3DS. Good price. I went for the Wii U version!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Loved that game on the 3DS, had the Circle Pad Pro as well, so it was nice to play.
    Only thing I didn't like was the lack of variety in the enemies, but otherwise it was a blast.
    Reinvigorated the franchise after RE5 and 6 were so M'eh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

A lot of discounts this week..
    Wii U eShop
    Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (Capcom, €14.99 / £13.49 until 5th November, then €19.99 / £17.99) - It revolutionised the series when it first arrived on GameCube, and this Wii version includes Wii Remote pointer support and the Separate Ways add-on that was previously a PS2 exclusive. We absolutely loved it in our review and have praised it in various articles over the years.
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis, €14.99 / £13.49) - Originally developed and released by Edmund McMillan (one half of Team Meat), this has been a long time coming in Europe. This Rebirth edition has improved visuals, new characters, over 100 new items and more in comparison to the PC original, all within the procedurally generated dungeon crawling approach that earned it so many fans. We enjoyed this a lot in our The Binding of Isaac Wii U review.
    Freedom Planet (GalaxyTrail, €13.99 / £10.99 or €11.89 / £9.34 untl 19th November if you downloaded the Nindies@Home E3 preview) - Though this started out as a Sonic fan game it expands on its source of inspiration, introduces its own world and makes adjustments to give itself an identity of its own. It's an impressive achievement, and we gave it a strong recommendation in our Freedom Planet review.
    Slender: The Arrival (Blue Isle Studios, €6.74 / £4.79 until 5th November, then €8.99 / £6.39) - This sequel to 'that game that everyone pretended to scream about on YouTube' has arrived on a host of platforms, and this Wii U version arrives just in time for Halloween. This Wii U entry does have the unique feature of controlling the flashlight with the Wii Remote pointer, and is sure to entertain those that enjoy some old-fashioned jump scares in their gaming. We'll bring you a review soon.
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Young Horse, €11.19 / £9.59 until 5th November, then €13.99 / £11.99) - Already a firm favourite on other systems, Octodad is the story of an octopus pretended to be your average suburban father. To keep up his cover he must perform all the typical tasks a dad does - mowing the lawn, caring for his kids and being an attentive husband to his wife. It's utterly mad, but fantastic fun, and we'll see how this Wii U version stacks up in a review.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts
    Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games, €14.99 / £13.49 until 5th November, normally €18.99 / £16.99)
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (Bandai Namco, €9.89 / £6.50 /until 12th November, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco, €14.00 / £9.99 until 12th November, normally €54.99 / £39.99)
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £8.99 until 12th November, normally €39.99 / £36.99)
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Bandai Namco, €15.00 / £10.49 until 12th November, normally €34.99 / £24.99)
    Ben 10 Omniverse (Bandai Namco, €4.99 / £4.99 until 12th November, normally €19.99 / £19.99)
    Rise of the Guardians (Bandai Namco, €4.99 / £4.99 until 12th November, normally €19.99 / £19.99)
    Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Bandai Namco, €2.99 / £2.99 until 12th November, normally €19.99 / £19.99)
    Canvaleon (OXiAB Game Studios, €6.95/ £6.29 until 5th November, normally €13.95 / £12.59)

Wii U eShop Permanent Discount
    Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital, €9.99 / £7.99, was €13.99 / £12.99)

New Nintendo 3DS eShop
    The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis, €14.99 / £13.49) - This portable iteration is only available on the New Nintendo 3DS, and though it's packed with all of the core content it doesn't have the local co-op mode. This fully patched version earned our praise in our The Binding of Isaac New 3DS review.

3DS eShop
    Escape from Zombie City (Tom Create, €2.99 / £2.69) - A frantic shooter from a top-down perspective, unsurprisingly your goal is to take out a whole lot of zombies, with some different game modes to add freshness to the constant gunplay. Though it maybe doesn't do enough to stand out from the crowd we gave this a modest recommendation in our Escape from Zombie City review.

3DS Retail Download
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (NIS America, €39.99 / £34.99) - Despite its remarkably long title and initial status as a remaster of a DS title, this is far more than it appears on the surface. It takes an excellent RPG experience and enhances it, before throwing in a new story arc that effectively doubles the content on offer. You can read our detailed Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker review for more details.

3DS DLC
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - Macca Makes an Escape (NIS America, €0.99 / £0.89)
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - The Beginner's Brawl (NIS America, free)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy+ (Bandai Namco, €19.99 / £14.99 until 12th November, normally €39.99 / £29.99)
    Project X Zone (Bandai Namco, €9.89 / £6.50 until 12th November, normally €29.99 / £19.99)
    Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land (Bandai Namco, €4.99 / £4.99 until 12th November, normally €24.99 / £24.99)
    ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £6.99 until 12th November, normally €34.99 / £24.99)
    ONE PIECE Romance Dawn (Bandai Namco, €9.89 / £9.39 until 12th November, normally €29.99 / £28.49)
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco, €8.74 / £7.12 until 12th November, normally €34.99 / £28.49)
    PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £6.99 until 12th November, normally €34.99 / £24.99)
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco, €4.99 / £3.74 until 12th November, normally €19.99 / £14.99)
    Power Rangers Megaforce (Bandai Namco, €9.89 / £9.39 until 12th November, normally €29.99 / £28.49)
    Power Rangers Super Megaforce (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £7.00 until 12th November, normally €34.99 / £24.99)
    Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle (Bandai Namco, €9.99 / £6.99 until 12th November, normally €34.99 / £24.99)
    The Keep (Cinemax, €5.99 / £5.49 until 11th November, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭beardo81

Any deals going on the 3DS at the moment or coming up? Little one wants one for Xmas and they seem to have gone up in price in Smyths last few weeks.

Will Black Friday bring decent discounts perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

beardo81 wrote: »
    Any deals going on the 3DS at the moment or coming up? Little one wants one for Xmas and they seem to have gone up in price in Smyths last few weeks.

Will Black Friday bring decent discounts perhaps?

150 for a black new 3ds on amazon france. Vheapest I can find on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Wonderful 101 is £12.85 at Shopto.net. That's the best price I've ever seen it at.

http://www.shopto.net/wiiu-wii/wii/WIIUTH00-the-wonderful-10

Works out at less than €22.50 including shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Lego Jurassic World for 3ds is €16.79 in Argos. You can also add one of four games for an extra €3. Go for Prof Layton and the Miracle Mask, sell it to CEX for €6 meaning Jurassic World has only cost €13.79!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4347453/Trail/searchtext>LEGO+JURASSIC.htm

Not nintendo exclusive, and I'm not sure how much of a bargain these are, but they seem to be cheaper than everywhere else including delivery.
    (add €7.63 Delivery for one, €7.66 for two).

Lego Dimensions Simpsons Pack is €14.99 on Amazon France - €22.99 Delivered.
    Price on other Amazons
    €40 in Smyths
    €40 in Argos

Jurassic World - €22.55
    Other Amazons

So, order any two packs and it would work out cheaper again.

Some of the smaller sets are cheaper on Amazon Germany
    Ninjago Zane
    Chima Laval
    Cragger
    Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch of the West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Allyall wrote: »
    Not nintendo exclusive, and I'm not sure how much of a bargain these are, but they seem to be cheaper than everywhere else including delivery.
    (add €7.63 Delivery for one, €7.66 for two).

Lego Dimensions Simpsons Pack is €14.99 on Amazon France - €22.99 Delivered.
    Price on other Amazons
    €40 in Smyths
    €40 in Argos

Jurassic World - €22.55
    Other Amazons

So, order any two packs and it would work out cheaper again.

Some of the smaller sets are cheaper on Amazon Germany
    Ninjago Zane
    Chima Laval
    Cragger
    Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch of the West

These sets are available for €24.99 to a maximum of €29.99 from Lego.com, but GameStop are selling them all for €44.99, they're having absolute laugh with their prices. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Anybody know how do you get around entering a phone number when setting up new account for Tesco UK ?

whackball wrote: »
    Anybody know how do you get around entering a phone number when setting up new account for Tesco UK ?

Parcel Motel Number - 02890848411

Guitar Hero Live Wii-U in ARgos for €77
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4388591.htm&cjsku=4388591
    http://checkargos.com/?search=4388591
    Stock is patchy

It's £70 on Amazon, although there have been a few comparable prices in the uk over the last week.
    Also, this weekend is free-access-to-GH-on-demand-music-library weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Banjo wrote: »
    Guitar Hero Live Wii-U

Stock is patchy

So will one's hair trying to get good at those games. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Nintendo UK store seem to have a good deal in creating your own bundles for the Wii U and various 3DS's.

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/build-your-own-bundle.list

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The Nintendo UK store seem to have a good deal in creating your own bundles for the Wii U and various 3DS's.

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/build-your-own-bundle.list

I thought we can't get that here?

Various versions/bundles of the 2DS are averaging between €70 and €80 in B&M stores throughout Europe. (Even lower in some stores).
    Some online, but delivery only available on the mainland of that Country.
    It doesn't seem to be over here yet, but I imagine\hopefully it'll only be a matter of time before Smyths/Argos have them in store.
    That seems to be the same way that they sold many Wii U's when they weren't flying out the door.
    Worth keeping an eye out for.

• Advertisement

I got that e-mail from Nintendo a couple of days ago. I wouldn't call it a bargain. It's hugely frustrating and annoying that Nintendo, a multi billion dollar company won't deliver to Ireland, yet small online retailers can and do. Just another problem on their never-ending...
    280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Parcel Motel?

Parcel Motel?

No. They deliberately won't deliver to the Parcel Motel address. Has anybody ever got a reason from them as to why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sligeach wrote: »
    No. They deliberately won't deliver to the Parcel Motel address. Has anybody ever got a reason from them as to why?

I got stuff from them a few weeks ago to the parcel motel?

*edit 3 months ago, but to PM, just checked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If you know someone who lives in the UK, which I suppose most of us do these days, it might be interesting. Although the Euro is pretty ****ty these days against sterling.

I got stuff from them a few weeks ago to the parcel motel?

*edit 3 months ago, but to PM, just checked

Then you got lucky. They don't deliver to that address all the time. My original point anyway was that Nintendo don't deliver direct to Ireland.

Parcel Wizard?
    New service, they probably don't know about yet.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057517076

Not Ninty-specific but if you've hopped on the Lego Dimensions bandwagon, the Benny playset (he's the spaceman from the Movie that screams SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!) dropped from £14 to £5 on Amazon this morning. It's a tiny pack, with 1 minifigure and a tiny version of his ship but sure you'd pay that much to get it without the Dimensions chip in it... Might make a good stocking filler for the kids. Yeah, for the kids, sure.

I don't know what they were at before the 3 for 2 was on, but on paper the drop from €24.99 to €4.99 for a pack of Animal Crossing Amiibo cards in Argo (4178299) looks great. Is it?

^^
    I've been watching the Lego Dimensions on Geizhals, Curiua and a few other sites/forums.
    It seems to drop by quite a bit in some places, while rising to it's top price in others. It's a bit difficult to pinpoint each packs actual price, until they round them all off. But kinda fun following the prices :D.

I know Lego mostly control all of their prices across Europe and usually have the same items on sale in different places (As do Nintendo), but this seems to be a little different.
    I've seen some vast price differences in it, and including shipping, they often still work out cheaper than some places.
    You'd want to know which packs you would prefer specifically, to watch out for that though, as there seems to be quite a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 luke208

I ordered my Project Zero from Nintendo UK Store to Parcel Motel and got it 3 days after. This was only two weeks ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement