Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Argos have a pretty good WiiU deal, with Super Mario Maker and the Amibo included for less that €320
    At the same time, you can still probably find a good deal on the poverty model, with the 8gb memory, for less than €200.
    Pop on a cheap external hdd, use your old Wii controllers and whatnot, and you're set.
    Right now the cheap one is in Smyth's for around €220 with the Splatoon/Mario Kart 8 packs at €312 as well. link
    Oddy, the best price on the MK8 WiiU pack is €305 in Gamestop link
    Some good value to be had on Adverts as well, bearing in mind that prices have a little wiggle room built in and you can elect to buy a boxed, perfect nick one as well. link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Thanks for those links CiDeRmAn. Think I'll end up with the basic deal, had it in my head there was an additional controller with the premium pack. Wrongly, it appears. Gamepad cradle is probably only thing I'd want to get. Can invest in a hard drive at later date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for those links CiDeRmAn. Think I'll end up with the basic deal, had it in my head there was an additional controller with the premium pack. Wrongly, it appears. Gamepad cradle is probably only thing I'd want to get. Can invest in a hard drive at later date.

I'd wait a little while, the basic pack is probably as expensive as I've seen it recently, and far off the €166 or so Argos were charging for it recently.
    Watch this thread and be first to be notified of the next price drop there, you may also find some free games thrown in as well.
    It's worth picking up a Wii cheap on Adverts too, purely for the controllers, if you are going for the basic model, as they are all compatible, they do not have to have motion plus built in as this can be added with the adapter later, and they can be had very cheaply online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The Wii U Basic is 199.99 in Smyths with a top game. On the main page it shows as 220 for the console but if you clink this link you'll see the console and game for 199.99.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    The Wii U Basic is 199.99 in Smyths with a top game. On the main page it shows as 220 for the console but if you clink this link you'll see the console and game for 199.99.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/nintendo-wii-u/c-744/wiii-u-consoles/p-9853/wii-u-console-white-8gb/

Thanks for this link too Gizmo55.

Was going to wait as suggested but this seems brilliant value I might pull the trigger on this with Mario cart or Mario party. Skylanders trap team is only 15 euro for it too, so might add that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Thanks for this link too Gizmo55.

Was going to wait as suggested but this seems brilliant value I might pull the trigger on this with Mario cart or Mario party. Skylanders trap team is only 15 euro for it too, so might add that as well.

Don't do it. Yes, definitely buy a Wii U. We know it's many problems, but it has the best catalogue of games this generation hands down. Look on Adverts, Donedeal and elsewhere. That €200 will go a lot further there. Smyths have gone down hugely in my estimation. All retailers are bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos are good, surprisingly, since they were never that good when I lived in the UK. Wii U really is great though.

sligeach wrote: »
    Don't do it. Yes, definitely buy a Wii U. We know it's many problems, but it has the best catalogue of games this generation hands down. Look on Adverts, Donedeal and elsewhere. That €200 will go a lot further there. Smyths have gone down hugely in my estimation. All retailers are bad now.

If I was buying for myself I'd be more confident buying 2nd hand, bit more wary since its for the kids for Christmas, in case of any problems or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wait for Black Friday deals if you can, regarding Argos their deals reboot every Wednesday so keep an eye on their site too.

• Advertisement

Wait for Black Friday deals if you can, regarding Argos their deals reboot every Wednesday so keep an eye on their site too.

Have that smyths deal sat in my basket still debating whether to go for it, or as you and others have suggested, wait and see.

Decisions decisions!

But that's one for me to procrastinate over. Oh and thanks everyone for the advice and sorry that I took it off topic bargain hunters.

Have that smyths deal sat in my basket still debating whether to go for it, or as you and others have suggested, wait and see.

Decisions decisions!

But that's one for me to procrastinate over. Oh and thanks everyone for the advice and sorry that I took it off topic bargain hunters.

You're grand. I'd wait though if I were you. The deals at the minute for buying the console, I wouldn't call deals, new that is.

If you were to buy secondhand, ask if they've the receipt. Repairs can be expensive without it. Even if it's outside the warranty, sometimes repairs can be free. Like the Wii dual layer disc reading issue. My launch Wii was way outside it's warranty but repair was free because I still had the receipt.

Decisions decisions!

I know whatever purchase you choose will be the right one.
    There will always be a deal you'll think you should've waited on and even in their case there will always be other alternate deals on offer.
    So go for it, and get two or three of the key games and have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I know whatever purchase you choose will be the right one.
    There will always be a deal you'll think you should've waited on and even in their case there will always be other alternate deals on offer.
    So go for it, and get two or three of the key games and have a blast.

If its for Xmas sure there is no rush getting one, it's a Wii U, no chance of it selling out, put the money aside and then when you see a great deal get it then.

I hope ye all ordered Project Zero: Maiden Of Black Water when I mentioned it. Had a look just now.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition/AF5T28

The price has been on the increase since. From £43 up to £55. It's not a bargain anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

sligeach wrote: »
    I hope ye all ordered Project Zero: Maiden Of Black Water when I mentioned it. Had a look just now.

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/project-zero-maiden-of-black-water-limited-edition/AF5T28

The price has been on the increase since. From £43 up to £55. It's not a bargain anymore.

Phew! Yup, ordered my copy when link was put up.

EDIT: Hope coolshop don't try to pull that sh1te that polish site did with this game and bump up the price and try charge people the extra €20 for it. Cancelled my order with them as soon as they did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I tired to order it but it wouldn't complete. Now I just have 4 unfinished orders on my account with them.

Younger wants a new 3ds from Santa, best price I can find is Argos €185, sure I could nearly get him a WiiU for that.
    Can it be gotten any cheaper and it has to be a new new 3ds.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Younger wants a new 3ds from Santa, best price I can find is Argos €185, sure I could nearly get him a WiiU for that.
    Can it be gotten any cheaper and it has to be a new new 3ds.

I suppose Adverts?
    Might find a box fresh N3DS there.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I suppose Adverts?
    Might find a box fresh N3DS there.

Unfortunately, the mammy wants a receipt and a warranty. Got burnt before.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the mammy wants a receipt and a warranty. Got burnt before.

It's €167 delivered from Amazon France ~ €20 cheaper.

Allyall wrote: »

It may be even cheaper..

If you buy a €50 voucher from Amazon France, you get €10 free.

They have run this promotion on UK and DE already, so it makes sense that it's Amazon France's turn..
    1 voucher would be another €10 off and (maybe?) 3 vouchers a possible €30 off.. (If possible).

From here - http://www.mydealz.de/deals/amazon-fr-gutscheinaktion-50-gutschein-kaufen-und-zus%C3%A4tzlich-einen-10-gutschein-erhalten-603505

Google translated version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Allyall wrote: »
    It may be even cheaper..

If you buy a €50 voucher from Amazon France, you get €10 free.

They have run this promotion on UK and DE already, so it makes sense that it's Amazon France's turn..
    1 voucher would be another €10 off and (maybe?) 3 vouchers a possible €30 off.. (If possible).

From here - http://www.mydealz.de/deals/amazon-fr-gutscheinaktion-50-gutschein-kaufen-und-zus%C3%A4tzlich-einen-10-gutschein-erhalten-603505

Google translated version

Can someone confirm if this works for delivery to Ireland and how much it works out as?

Seems great but complicated

Can someone confirm if this works for delivery to Ireland and how much it works out as?

Buy a €50 voucher for Amazon France and they will give you €10 free.

The 3DS above included delivery (confirmed), so if you buy a voucher take an extra €10 off.

I don't know if vouchers are stackable - i.e. if you can buy more than one, and receive €10 each time.

So, you can get it for €157 Delivered. But not sure if yo can get it for €137 Delivered (An extra €20 off for two more vouchers).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭Nollog

I got my n3ds from amazon france, postage is about a tenner on top of the price shown as they don't do any super saver stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have a 32gb version of this plugged into my Wii U

http://checkargos.com/?search=%20358/9573

I know they recommend that you don't use a flash drive but it's grand for me.
    64gb USB3 for under €20 is a great deal. Decent stock around the country (for now).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Gah! where was that post when I was standing in an Argos at 6pm last night? Curse you and your rickdiculously awesome avatar!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Is the new Mario Tennis cheap anywhere? I just see £40 .... !!

alekito wrote: »
    Is the new Mario Tennis cheap anywhere? I just see £40 .... !!

http://www.thegamecollection.net/mario-tennis-ultra-smash-wii-u.html £29.85 + £2 delivery.

http://www.base.com/buy/product/mario-tennis-ultra-smash-nintendo-wii-u/dgc-mrotenwiiu.htm £30.74 + £1.29 delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭alekito

Great, thanks again Sligeach. Good tips. The price is ok, it's €50 in Smyths at the moment. Might come down? Mario Maker stayed up. I bought at the price of your previous tip. I haven't seen it cheaper.

Since Starfox is delayed it's a bit sparse out there until Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement