Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

New Nintendo 3DS with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with Coverplate (White) with Screen Protector
    £115 on Amazon UK lightning deal.
    May suit as an early christmas present buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone point me to the best price online for Rodea on the 3ds? Seems kinda prices in places and Amazon won't post to Ireland for some reason.

Kinda not interested in the WiiU version.

It's out on 13th November

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone point me to the best price online for Rodea on the 3ds? Seems kinda prices in places and Amazon won't post to Ireland for some reason.

Kinda not interested in the WiiU version.

It's out on 13th November
    Base.com have it for £29.99 + £1.29 postage to Ireland.

I'd imagine everyone has this at this stage, but anyway - Mass effect 3 is in Argos for €4.99
    http://checkargos.com/?search=912/8361

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That ending though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm not saying I'm the type to buy it just because of that but.... does Mass Effect have Club Nintendo Stars in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Banjo wrote: »
    I'm not saying I'm the type to buy it just because of that but.... does Mass Effect have Club Nintendo Stars in it?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Does anyone know where to get Pikmin 3 at a good price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496331931#.VgnrUXNwbqA

€33 delivered. €28 if you're near cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Definitely worth picking up at that price - Just finished it last night. I don't understand what happened, but any game that ends on a
    fist-fight with god followed by a pole dance set to classic crooning
    has got to be worth playing. The end sequence and credits goes on for f'ing ages though, if you're wife asks if you're going to be long and it's only just kicked off, don't say "just a minute, dear". Especially since by the time she loses patience and comes over to see what's taking so long all she'll see is the dancing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I only played the first hour or two of the first one. Interesting game! Apparently 2 is "more accessible". But yeah, for that price it's a no brainer. Worst case scenario I hate it and trade it in for Pikmin 3(pretty much the last on my list of games I want on the WiiU)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I only played the first hour or two of the first one. Interesting game! Apparently 2 is "more accessible". But yeah, for that price it's a no brainer. Worst case scenario I hate it and trade it in for Pikmin 3(pretty much the last on my list of games I want on the WiiU)

With the original the first while is just to get in the swing of the sublime combat system and the infinite combos. Once you've started having fun with that the game is just incredible.
    I have owned the two since release, but have not really spent much time with them, though I completed the original on it's release on the 360.
    It is highly unlikely you will hate such a game, if you have played and enjoyed brawlers in the past, Batman Arkham series, God of War, then be ready for something even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Call of Duty Black Ops II (2) on Nintendo Wii U is £2.99 at simplygames.

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-2-nintendo-wii-u

Again on the same site.

Devil's Third on Nintendo Wii U is £19.99.

http://deals.simplygames.com/p/devils-third-nintendo-wii-u

Delivery is £2.50 per game.

Devil's Third will need to go lower for me to buy it.

NINTENDO WII FIT U WITH FIT METER - GREEN (WII U) is £9.99 at thegamecollection. £2-3 for delivery.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/nintendo-wii-fit-u-with-fit-meter-green-wii-u.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

That Black Ops 2 deal seems great - just ordered there, thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cebili5

For anyone looking to buy Happy Home Designer it's €35 in Littlewoods with free delivery.

Looking for Donkey Kong tropical freeze new if anyone seen it cheap. Bought two preowned copies and both are borked :'(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Danonino. wrote: »
    Looking for Donkey Kong tropical freeze new if anyone seen it cheap. Bought two preowned copies and both are borked :'(

Define "borked"
    Can't they be resurfaced, if scratching is an issue

Both look like new. Thing is I think the disc cleaner used may have caused the damage.

The discs are dried at the end of the cycle and come out very warm, blu rays will come out fine, CD/DVDs fine, blue ps2 discs etc... Wii U discs, 4 have looked like new, no top layer scratches perfect surface but give 'disc may be dirty' error messages.

I could be very wrong and its just coincidence but I'm sure there its something to do with the disc cleaner and heat.

I'm in work today so will set up another console and give it a whirl. Maybe my Wii U is in fact the one that is El Borkedo

• Advertisement

On a brighter note you could get them both fixed and sell one, the game is still worth a few bob!

Ran both through the disc cleaner a few times. Tested in two Wii Us and both still give Disc may be dirty errors :'(

Such sadness, much cry, wow.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Ran both through the disc cleaner a few times. Tested in two Wii Us and both still give Disc may be dirty errors :'(

Such sadness, much cry, wow.

Which cleaner do you have? I have the JPL 2000 ultrasonic cleaner and I kept getting a dirty disc error for MK Wii.
    I gave the disc to a friend of mine, and it plays no bother now.
    I don't know what cleaner he has though.

Mario Party 10 is exactly €29 delivered form Amazon Italy.
    Not heard great things about it, but it's the cheapest i've seen around at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Allyall wrote: »
    Mario Party 10 is exactly €29 delivered form Amazon Italy.
    Not heard great things about it, but it's the cheapest i've seen around at the minute.

My kids like most of the Mario Party games so I'll chance it, thanks for tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cheers for that, something to play with the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Popped up on huk decent price for zelda Albw

Shopto deals on certain 3ds games for 13.85 sterling (just under 20 euro) before delivery.

A link between worlds
    Star fox 3d
    Mario tennis
    Mario party island tour
    Nintendogs
    Yoshis new island

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/3ds-2ds-ds/out-this-month/store?=aw&awc=2943_1444329059_0743594c7f43708db13f4a2c304f017e

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Popped up on huk decent price for zelda Albw

Shopto deals on certain 3ds games for 13.85 sterling (just under 20 euro) before delivery.

A link between worlds
    Star fox 3d
    Mario tennis
    Mario party island tour
    Nintendogs
    Yoshis new island

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/3ds-2ds-ds/out-this-month/store?=aw&awc=2943_1444329059_0743594c7f43708db13f4a2c304f017e

All those games are going on Nintendo select, so like nintendo premium and should be like 20 euro soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is it me or are Wii U console prices going up? Both sisters' kids want one for xmas, and was looking around for deals but cheapest seems to be the Mario Maker bundle in argos for 300.

The one many of us here got last xmas was so much better value. Amazon seems limited for bundles right now, and those that are there suffer cos of the euro/sterling exchange. Any suggestions would be welcome!

The bundle I got was the party bundle and had Mario kart 8, nintendoland, super mario 3d world, mario party, and a wii remote.

• Advertisement

Should be able to pick up a premium boxed in cex for 225. Should have all accessories, be 'like' new and 12 month warranty.

Or honestly 300 new with Mario maker is worth it :) better deals can be had for sure especially if you go basic pack.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement