Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

crisco10 wrote: »
    Have to say, I really love the last 3 or 4 games of the league season. The mind games and shadow boxing that goes on is epic. For example:

Do you try and beat someone now to guarantee a home playoff, or do you take your chances and conserve energy?

Will that team fighting relegation throw the game against you or go all out for a much needed win?

But what about next week, Team X will struggle to win this week AND next week, so I should get away with WNWIM. Shouldn't I? Maybe not...LTNT it is!

Should I roll over and play dead now, so I can surprise Team Y in the playoff?

Isn't this game fun?! :D

It's pretty great alright! Not too much going on for me though... except trying to avoid losing anymore ranking points :(
    Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Just made an affiliate :o

Please welcome the misfits that are: Geraldine 2nd IV!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Nothing like 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th winning in week 13 to shake things up in the playoff! Just as well I'm relaxing in 2nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭corny

crisco10 wrote: »
    Nothing like 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th winning in week 13 to shake things up in the playoff! Just as well I'm relaxing in 2nd!

Me too. Good recovery considering i was last after three games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

well I'm coasting - secured 2nd few weeks ago to WNWIM'ing to bring energy levels right up to be ready for play offs. 3rd might think he has a chance! :p

(hopes no egg on face in couple of weeks!!):P

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    well I'm coasting - secured 2nd few weeks ago to WNWIM'ing to bring energy levels right up to be ready for play offs. 3rd might think he has a chance! :p

(hopes no egg on face in couple of weeks!!):P

It's posts like that which spawned the great "Let's beat Orizio" war of 19dixity six.

:pac:

Ugh, sitting ok in top, but fudge all places to get ranking points, so a qualifier is probably how I'll have to dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

In a really interesting situation going into the last game.

Currently 3rd on 32 ahead of 4th on pd. One point ahead of Mauling Bear in 5th and 3 ahead of 6th.

ow 6th places energy is poor and they are up against the top team who I think should beat them playing wnwim.

4th place team are playing 7th whose energy is shot so should win comfortably.

Where it gets interesting is I'm away to 5th place Mauling Bear. I have an energy advantage but am unsure if it is enough to normal a ltnt from the bears (I'm edging towards possible not but it's debatable). Obviously risking a normal and losing puts me out of the playoffs but ltnting and securing a top 4 place (assuming I win which mightn't work out) will leave me 0% of whatever slim chance I had at progressing through to the final.

So, a high risk/high reward normal or a safety first ltnt on Saturday? So much to think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

If you were to make the play offs what are your chances against the 1st and 2nd placed teams?

If winning a semi is a long shot even on good energy then LTNT the bears, make sure of the playoff, WNWIM the semi and go LTNT again for 3rd place and take home a nice little sum of prize money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

If winning a semi is a long shot even on good energy then LTNT the bears, make sure of the playoff, WNWIM the semi and go LTNT again for 3rd place and take home a nice little sum of prize money.

That's the way I'm leaning towards alright.

mar-z wrote: »
    In a really interesting situation going into the last game.

Currently 3rd on 32 ahead of 4th on pd. One point ahead of Mauling Bear in 5th and 3 ahead of 6th.

ow 6th places energy is poor and they are up against the top team who I think should beat them playing wnwim.

4th place team are playing 7th whose energy is shot so should win comfortably.

Where it gets interesting is I'm away to 5th place Mauling Bear. I have an energy advantage but am unsure if it is enough to normal a ltnt from the bears (I'm edging towards possible not but it's debatable). Obviously risking a normal and losing puts me out of the playoffs but ltnting and securing a top 4 place (assuming I win which mightn't work out) will leave me 0% of whatever slim chance I had at progressing through to the final.

So, a high risk/high reward normal or a safety first ltnt on Saturday? So much to think about!

Its probably in my interests if you hit the TNT button mar-z, so take this with a pinch of salt, but you really should secure a playoff place and worry later. If you normal and lose you'll likely be in a relegation playoff and that could get tricky. Any prize money is preferable.

• Advertisement

BAH!

Forgot to set tactics. Playing my default full team against a bot. BAH! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

good luck to everybody in the playoffs tonight (unless you are playing me :D )

Yeah good luck all, here's to a sweep of boards wins!

wasted LTNT!

hows everyone doing? i'm into final and second place secure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

wasted LTNT!

me too...at least i've rested one or two players.

Both my teams won (or are winning easily tonight).

Into the final but its gonna be a tough one. Ormond are no slouches and have an energy advantage over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Into my first Div3 final, yeah me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Wasted LTNT and won 78-7, oh well never had a chance in the final anyway (which is the real reason I LTNT'd the semi)

Oh. I don't deserve to win this league.

On Saturday I forgot to set tactics, so wasted first team energy on a bot.

Then, for some reason I thought the playoffs went Saturday, Wednesday... rather than Wednesday, Saturday.

Just lined out my default first team (yet again) and hammered my opposition, kinda expected based on the two teams' development. Should have saved energy and put out some youngsters. Now I'm against a team that already knows how to beat me and has monsters in the ranks. Rested I'd be ok, but I'm now tired and confused. :(

Good win the semi on normal; have Southern Marauders in the final. He has a slight energy advantage but hopefully i can give him a game.

• Advertisement

Decided to try some new combinations for tonights interpro against the ruffians and thanks to a new signing i got my first purple star!!! Optimistically thinking i just might have a chance here....until i realise he has a gold and 2 bronze stars. :(

Decided to try some new combinations for tonights interpro against the ruffians and thanks to a new signing i got my first purple star!!! Optimistically thinking i just might have a chance here....until i realise he has a gold and 2 bronze stars. :(

So much for the new combinations and tactics. Getting absolutely stuffed, hardly touched the ball. 17 mins gone, 17 points down.

I assume I wasn't needed for the InterPro so, probably the call went up due to shortages elsewhere.

Scored 4 tries against a gold star defence and i still lose. It'll be a sweet day when i finally get a competitive win against ruff.

Oh a side note i just spotted Ruff was awarded the Season 18 Manager of the Season award. Couple of things, how can he be awarded it when the season isn't over and i went looking for a thread on offsite about this seasons awards but couldn't find one. Who's deciding these awards?

(I know this makes me look bitter at losing tonight's game but that's because i am :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Well I'll be back up for a second shot at div III next season. I think I'll manage it better this time, but hope I get lucky with a not so bad division! I'm definitely a much better team coming up this time around. :)

Oh a side note i just spotted Ruff was awarded the Season 18 Manager of the Season award. Couple of things, how can he be awarded it when the season isn't over and i went looking for a thread on offsite about this seasons awards but couldn't find one. Who's deciding these awards?

(I know this makes me look bitter at losing tonight's game but that's because i am :D)

It is a good question alright, but sure these days I just think "let them at it" :)

corny wrote: »
    Good win the semi on normal; have Southern Marauders in the final. He has a slight energy advantage but hopefully i can give him a game.

should beat them - just beat them tonight with an 80th minute try! thought I was gonzo after 15mins being 14 pts down and down 6-21 at half time... but 3 tries at 60mins 75 and 80 won it 27-24! :pac:

should beat them - just beat them tonight with an 80th minute try! thought I was gonzo after 15mins being 14 pts down and down 6-21 at half time... but 3 tries at 60mins 75 and 80 won it 27-24! :pac:

Good win.

He hasn't logged in since Wednesday morning so a repeat of his semi performance and i'll definitely take him. Get the feeling he doesn't really care anymore.

• Advertisement

Nice win! Tense Tense Tensey tense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement