Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Fewcifur wrote: »
    17-0 is a pretty solid scoreline against a Div 1 team.

The defence he has is pretty impressive ,big step up form what i'm used to playing,hard to make any yards

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

daheff wrote: »
    real ding dong battle vs reddogs...7-0 down for a long time....then went to 13-7...now its 14-13 to him

oh me nerves

Fingers crossed for you! Sounds like an epic battle.

cclampett wrote: »
    got to get that one on my watchlist amadangomor. would make sense anyway as i'm playing you on Saturday.

Rahoon will need to pull off a very big second half, went in at halftime a little bit behind , HT score Polk high 73 Rahoon 0 :P

Guess you are taking it easy on the lads for Saturday,i'll take it as a compliment :D.You will like my energy levels after tonight methinks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

was 7-0 down vs reddogs...then 13-7 up...then 14-13 down and now 20-14 up....oooh me nerves

Fingers crossed for you! Sounds like an epic battle.
    cheers

I see you are hammering droichead nua...not sure why hes thrown the game!

just got a penalty...23-14 10 mins left...looking better by the minute for me :)

might get the win i need to get into the auto promotion table.

they just scored a try...feck.. 23-21 to me..its tight...reallly tight :O

• Advertisement

cheers

just got a penalty...23-14 10 mins left...looking better by the minute for me :)

Full time! Love it, my lads missed zero tackles. Well played that defense!

Ouch! That's very tight!

Yeah, 3-81 now. He had pretty poor energy, but not bad enough to assume he'd have to be careful. Mostly sprightly. He's in a decent position in his league too, so he could afford to play WNWIM this Saturday. As I said, his 1sts are easily double the CSR of mine. He's a fair bit lighter and lacks height, but his shorter 2nds are like 200k CSR versus my taller 70k lads, so really I didn't want to risk anything. Felt his home advantage + superior stats could easily make up for his energy problem, but, guess not.

Looks like a really good cup this year, mostly because I'm looking at the winners tonight and very very few of them I'd like to take my chances with.

cheers

Did you hang on Daheff?

Did you hang on Daheff?

just...26-21 :)

I got Southern mauraders away for my next round!

Fewi...you drew The Blue Storm...decent draw...just you're away

just...26-21 :)

I got Southern mauraders away for my next round!

Fewi...you drew The Blue Storm...decent draw...just you're away

Yeah, surprised. Probably the best draw possible. Decent bit of strength in the side, but they're very tired and I don't think there's the depth there to be a major pain.

Edit: Although, having said the above, he beat GufinGolfini this round, so his team obviously has what it takes to beat mine, since myself and GG were sparring partners last season (with GG usually winning!) Also, he's pretty comparable to mine CSR-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Been v lucky this season in cup, had teams throw games against (surprisingly in some cases) so have wnwim them all. Then bam, it gets very interesting all at once. Playing irishwarriors in league and cup at home this week. Similar squad size, similar energy and form. I have slight advantage in csr but nothing major. Could easily win both or lose both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

ha i had that a few weeks ago crisco for my main team except his team was better alright, lost both :(

crisco10 wrote: »
    Been v lucky this season in cup, had teams throw games against (surprisingly in some cases) so have wnwim them all. Then bam, it gets very interesting all at once. Playing irishwarriors in league and cup at home this week. Similar squad size, similar energy and form. I have slight advantage in csr but nothing major. Could easily win both or lose both.

Wow, that really is an interesting turn of events. It's nearly a toss up between getting through one more round of the cup, and probably meeting a Div 1 monster, or getting a league win that could stand well to you later on. Really hard one to call because you've no idea what he's going to play, unless you can see him suffering in the league.

Wow, that really is an interesting turn of events. It's nearly a toss up between getting through one more round of the cup, and probably meeting a Div 1 monster, or getting a league win that could stand well to you later on. Really hard one to call because you've no idea what he's going to play, unless you can see him suffering in the league.

It's a mind f#@k!

Well, the snooze button has screwed me over again. All last night I was thinking "must set my team, must set my team" and then kinda forgot about it. Alarm went off at 10, but I just haaaaad to enjoy my lazy Saturday too much and only noticed the time now. Playing my firsts, so I'll have lost my energy advantage for the cup. Poo.

Well, the snooze button has screwed me over again. All last night I was thinking "must set my team, must set my team" and then kinda forgot about it. Alarm went off at 10, but I just haaaaad to enjoy my lazy Saturday too much and only noticed the time now. Playing my firsts, so I'll have lost my energy advantage for the cup. Poo.

Tablet in bed, best way to set tactics!!!

In other news, he is targeting cup game on weds so wnwim league game for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

i was the same, woke at 11.25 removed some tired players and hit WNWIM! i know not to even try to compete with fight club! :o

It's actually working out in my favour. Was up against Chocolate Chompers, and all signs kinda suggested I should have an ok time of it in terms of their league and boardsie league performance, despite having a really solid team. So I was tempted to try field the seconds or wnwim with firsts, but yeah, closest match of the league this season. Could well be heading for a loss based on the stats, so I'm glad it's a nearly 1sts squad on normal.

Edit: You know the game karma is going against you when you've a penalty right in front of the goal, you go to kick for points but are penalised for your kicker taking too long to kick. Fuuuuuuuuu!

Edit Again: Ok, it looks like it's one of those weird matches where nothing happens for 20 or so minutes and then it all kicks off. Currently 3-33 to me. Beginning to re-regret not going for WNWIM... but then you never can tell.

Edit the turd: Well. That finished 3-40 to me. Meaning my initial hunch was right and I have just nerfed my cup chances for no reason. Ahwell. At least it's another league match without conceeding a try.

It's actually working out in my favour. Was up against Chocolate Chompers, and all signs kinda suggested I should have an ok time of it in terms of their league and boardsie league performance, despite having a really solid team. So I was tempted to try field the seconds or wnwim with firsts, but yeah, closest match of the league this season. Could well be heading for a loss based on the stats, so I'm glad it's a nearly 1sts squad on normal.

Edit: You know the game karma is going against you when you've a penalty right in front of the goal, you go to kick for points but are penalised for your kicker taking too long to kick. Fuuuuuuuuu!

Edit Again: Ok, it looks like it's one of those weird matches where nothing happens for 20 or so minutes and then it all kicks off. Currently 3-33 to me. Beginning to re-regret not going for WNWIM... but then you never can tell.

Edit the turd: Well. That finished 3-40 to me. Meaning my initial hunch was right and I have just nerfed my cup chances for no reason. Ahwell. At least it's another league match without conceeding a try.
    `

Weird match, stars weren't that far apart! Looks like Chocolate Chompers got the tactics all wrong, I'll have to have a word with her!

Safe to say, I will be up against LTNT on wed in the cup. My opponent played 2nds on WNWIM just now.

`

Weird match, stars weren't that far apart! Looks like Chocolate Chompers got the tactics all wrong, I'll have to have a word with her!

Safe to say, I will be up against LTNT on wed in the cup. My opponent played 2nds on WNWIM just now.

Yeah, there didn't look that much a gap in terms of team CSR etc.

It's actually a very weird league. Looks like lots of teams have bought in old 100k+ players, but most of the teams seem to be really underperforming compared to their stats. Every time I scout a team, I usually get left with this odd sense of unease because their average CSR is higher than mine, but then they seem to just go dead on the pitch. Might be a case of buying the players along the lines of the CSR rather than the actual skills, but it's a weird one.
    Some monster teams are failing to win at all. Really odd.

So cup game tonight vs Southern Marauders....looking at his team hes been winning Div II games @ wnwim.....teams that I'd have a problem beating. I guess its mainly coz his top 5/6 players are much higher in CSR...so if he left them out of the team I reckon I'd have a chance :p I don't think he will, so my cup run ends tonight.

Worst thing is hes got a smaller stadium than I have...so not even a bumper pay day :mad:

Anybody else in the cup tonight? Anybody got a chance of winning

• Advertisement

So cup game tonight vs Southern Marauders....looking at his team hes been winning Div II games @ wnwim.....teams that I'd have a problem beating. I guess its mainly coz his top 5/6 players are much higher in CSR...so if he left them out of the team I reckon I'd have a chance :p I don't think he will, so my cup run ends tonight.

Worst thing is hes got a smaller stadium than I have...so not even a bumper pay day :mad:

Anybody else in the cup tonight? Anybody got a chance of winning

Southern Marauders are a team I'd usually throw the towel in against. They're kind of at that level where they're just so over-powered that even if they underestimate you, they're still fielding a devastatingly good team. Worth going for it though if you're sorted in your league.

I'm up against Blue Storm. At a glance I'd have put myself as the favourite, but player-for-player, I only beat them CSR-wise in two positions, everywhere else there's an average 20k gap, plus they've got home advantage and their last cup match was against GufinGulfini, who would beat me 3 times out of 5. Should be interesting.

Yeah, sometimes it can be worth going for it. But worst thing that can happen (and happens easily with teams like the marauders) is you LTNT, and then get thumped.

Myself, up against a team from my league (who I played on saturday). He threw saturdays game so must assume a LTNT is coming my way....I haven't played LTNT yet this season and I really really wanted to play a full half season without using LTNT...i could take him on normal but would be risky. OR could save my energy, playing 1st in the league the week after next. A WNWIM tonight would help the energy management there.

Gah! I love these decisions. Then the angst until the stars go up after 5.30!

Yeah, sometimes it can be worth going for it. But worst thing that can happen (and happens easily with teams like the marauders) is you LTNT, and then get thumped.

Myself, up against a team from my league (who I played on saturday). He threw saturdays game so must assume a LTNT is coming my way....I haven't played LTNT yet this season and I really really wanted to play a full half season without using LTNT...i could take him on normal but would be risky. OR could save my energy, playing 1st in the league the week after next. A WNWIM tonight would help the energy management there.

Gah! I love these decisions. Then the angst until the stars go up after 5.30!

Ah, tis a tough call. Who does he/she have at the weekend? Would it be a case that they know you can take them, so they're going to throw both matches, or do they have enough of a chance to take you down that they're going full loco?

Must say I'm really looking forward to watching tonight's match. First time in ages actually. If, once again, the CSR means fupp all, or if they throw it, I'll be sure to tune into yours. Mad for some BR commentary tonight so I am.

Ah, tis a tough call. Who does he/she have at the weekend? Would it be a case that they know you can take them, so they're going to throw both matches, or do they have enough of a chance to take you down that they're going full loco?

Must say I'm really looking forward to watching tonight's match. First time in ages actually. If, once again, the CSR means fupp all, or if they throw it, I'll be sure to tune into yours. Mad for some BR commentary tonight so I am.

Ah damn you! I was just coming round to a way of thinking and you threw me off it!

I honestly think he is going for it...or maybe he is bluffing...ah! He has a midtable clash on saturday, but nearly every game is a mid table clash in our division.

Edit: supposed to be studing tonight. I can see Br being watched instead!

I reckon I'll be throwing the towel in...he just looks too good :(

Rather keep my team fresh (played LTNT last 2 games)

Good luck Fewi & Crisco. Go LTNT :)

I reckon I'll be throwing the towel in...he just looks too good :(

Rather keep my team fresh (played LTNT last 2 games)

Good luck Fewi & Crisco. Go LTNT :)

same to u and fewi!

Edit: So he went for it, and so did I. Stars are tight....

fewi, stars are tight in your game too!!

same to u and fewi!

Edit: So he went for it, and so did I. Stars are tight....

fewi, stars are tight in your game too!!

Nightmare! Decided to upgrade my laptop's ram, but a screw got stuck! Hah! Only joining in now at half time. 50/50 in terms of territory and possession, and just one try between us. Unfortunately it's to them. Hoping my boys can bust something out in the second half. All I need is to convert a try and I'll have the edge. Possibly. Hah.

Edit: 11-9 ! I'm clawing it back! Still not overly confident, but, here we goooooo! Fightback has begun!

14-9 now. Feeling I'm gonna get crumpled, they're just mincing me at the breakdown.

Edit 3: A Dropgoal?! Say Whaaaaat!? 14-12 now as my on-form kicker goes crazy for the win! O'Gara in his prime woh! :)

4: Solid wall of blue text, I've never seen so much... all for me to be stopped by an ankle tap out of nowhere! KAAAAHHHHN!

5: Well, my scrumhalf is out. There goes one of the few advantages I had in the match. Still, hopeful.

6: 14-19! Looks like the calm South American composure of Yoyo Campoyo as scrummie has spun some magic.

Nightmare! Decided to upgrade my laptop's ram, but a screw got stuck! Hah! Only joining in now at half time. 50/50 in terms of territory and possession, and just one try between us. Unfortunately it's to them. Hoping my boys can bust something out in the second half. All I need is to convert a try and I'll have the edge. Possibly. Hah.

Edit: 11-9 ! I'm clawing it back! Still not overly confident, but, here we goooooo! Fightback has begun!

I'm getting hammered 46-0. I looked at the stars beforehand...if I'd put a full team out at LTNT there might have been a small chance...ah well i'll never know now.

Fewi -i'm watching your game...its tight! You're still in with a chance...but just went 14-9 down :(

14-9 now. Feeling I'm gonna get crumpled, they're just mincing me at the breakdown.

Edit 3: A Dropgoal?! Say Whaaaaat!? 14-12 now as my on-form kicker goes crazy for the win! O'Gara in his prime woh! :)

4: Solid wall of blue text, I've never seen so much... all for me to be stopped by an ankle tap out of nowhere! KAAAAHHHHN!

Exciting stuff!!!

watching both games, im 13-6 up. on top on stats but not scoring. I keep getting bundled into touch despite not playing that much expansive! worried though, he had half a star on stamina going into game.

EDit: Boom Fewi!!!

• Advertisement

****in intercept try. 13-13

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement