Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

As if the odds against me weren't bad enough tonight, it looks like the Ruffians have a fairly good form advantage over me too. Hopefully the BR gods will smile on me tonight and give me some kind bounces of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

As if the odds against me weren't bad enough tonight, it looks like the Ruffians have a fairly good form advantage over me too. Hopefully the BR gods will smile on me tonight and give me some kind bounces of the ball.

I'm going to be tuned in! Very exciting! Best of luck to ya good sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Good luck Jonny

give em hell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

You can do it js!

Oh and what are ppls opinions on the S19 changes?

They are small but I like them. I especially like the timing of teams going bot as I've been stung by that a couple of times.

Premium additions are always nice too!

• Advertisement

The stars are in and its the closest ive ever been to him. He still has an over all 6 star advantage but it should close...hopefully. Time to get some popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

The stars are in and its the closest ive ever been to him. He still has an over all 6 star advantage but it should close...hopefully. Time to get some popcorn!

best of luck - be the first boards winner!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

mar-z wrote: »
    Oh and what are ppls opinions on the S19 changes?

They are small but I like them. I especially like the timing of teams going bot as I've been stung by that a couple of times.

Premium additions are always nice too!

Yeah interested to see the pressure indicator in the me. Should be good.

Like the randomised fixtures too.

The blasted penalty count is keeping him in the game. His purple star in stamina could prove the winner by the end and to make matters worse the mighty Thor is gone off injured...arsehole!

Very close game js. A nail biter for you I imagine!

• Advertisement

18-18 and into the final quarter - tense stuff!

shit

shit

might have jinxed you...:o

What happens if it ends 25 apiece?

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

All square with 4 mins to go.....im not able for this anymore

corny wrote: »
    What happens if it ends 25 apiece?

extra time

ah no...not a penalty 8secs after 80 mins :(

Cruel game. Hard luck js.

i feel sick

• Advertisement

:-( So close and so unlucky!

You did great bringing it to the wire against those ruffians though.

hard luck man......but take some comfort that you took him to a last second penalty.

Well done for doing so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

is that much the same as last years semi final, it sucks that aint extra time well done though the gap is closing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

So close JS, great performance to take Ruffles to within a whisker.

Unlucky JS, really thought you would do it. so close must be especially disappointing a last minute penalty.:(

Hard luck

Ugh, can't imagine how you're feeling, because I'm feeling pretty sickened and it was nothing to do with me.

Reminds me of that scene in Goodfellas, with all the boardsies feeling excited about Polk High getting made. Sure, it's not like we're getting made, but it's the next best thing. And then, just before the joy, there's a single bullet to the head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

FewFew wrote: »
    Ugh, can't imagine how you're feeling, because I'm feeling pretty sickened and it was nothing to do with me.

Reminds me of that scene in Goodfellas, with all the boardsies feeling excited about Polk High getting made. Sure, it's not like we're getting made, but it's the next best thing. And then, just before the joy, there's a single bullet to the head. :(

Thanks, not only do I have the disappointment of Smacks loss but you just ruined the end of Goodfellas:(

Phonehead wrote: »
    Thanks, not only do I have the disappointment of Smacks loss but you just ruined the end of Goodfellas:(

Ah it's nowhere near the end. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Have to say, I really love the last 3 or 4 games of the league season. The mind games and shadow boxing that goes on is epic. For example:

Do you try and beat someone now to guarantee a home playoff, or do you take your chances and conserve energy?

Will that team fighting relegation throw the game against you or go all out for a much needed win?

But what about next week, Team X will struggle to win this week AND next week, so I should get away with WNWIM. Shouldn't I? Maybe not...LTNT it is!

Should I roll over and play dead now, so I can surprise Team Y in the playoff?

Isn't this game fun?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

sometimes it can be, ill say its exciting anyway and nerve racking. with the dannys my irish team i look set to relegate which is horrible but then i could still stay up ah damn it.

then with ncw i have 2 winnable games and if i win both i may still miss out of 4th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement