Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

21- 0 after 25 minutes up against a far better team in the cup!Keep it going lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm getting tanked as expected unfortunately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

21- 0 after 25 minutes up against a far better team in the cup!Keep it going lads!

Well??

Easy enough WNWIM for me. Although 3 match injury for one of my players. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Oh. My. God.

East Coast Tinders - 72.
    Forza Juve - 0

At least one boardsie had to get through, but I must be right in saying that's a major upset!

Also Everyone Likes a Tryer - 15, Yermen - 27!

Two main boardsies gone there, beaten by other boardsies!

Loads of other matches going against the bookies too.

Getting the fear for next week already!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Stupid Cup games, i decided to get knocked out last week to save energy!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭corny

Not finding it easy at the minute. Blooding lots of younger, inexperienced lads and the form across the board has gone to ****.

Not to make excuses though. Effluo has a super team.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Well??

Won handily enough in the end,have Greyhounds Div 1 team up next

DaFirm? They boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

drew Mr smack for next week, happy days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh. My. God.

East Coast Tinders - 72.
    Forza Juve - 0

At least one boardsie had to get through, but I must be right in saying that's a major upset!

Also Everyone Likes a Tryer - 15, Yermen - 27!

Two main boardsies gone there, beaten by other boardsies!

Loads of other matches going against the bookies too.

Getting the fear for next week already!

needed energy for the league, so I went mostly seconds on normal. hoped would be enough. maybe one or two firsts might have been difference. thought at half time still in it, got back to 15-17, but they kicked on from there unfortunately.

best of luck Yerman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

eoferrall wrote: »
    best of luck Yerman!

Thanks for that.

Was hoping you'd have one eye on the league and I might sneak a chance alright as otherwise I think you would have taken me to the cleaners.

Fingal Bears in the next round

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭_Skitso_

Well??

I'm taking a wild guess that win was against my team the B Bulls?? Well done if so, not long back to BR, still as additive as ever I see!!

DaFirm? They boards?

Don't recognise the name, but I came across them doing recon for my cup match. Reckon they're one of the easier draws that was left. Middlin' Div III type.
    MarVeL wrote: »
    Fingal Bears in the next round

You should be able to take them. Was in the same league with them for four or so seasons. Fetch is very capable, but I think they were going through a rebuilding a season ago and should probably be pushing for promotion this season since it's very much a two-horse race at the top of that league.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

Top of my league in DivIII yahoo!! Now have to try and stay there but thats probably a bit of a long shot.
    Still in the cup so all round happy with season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bushbleacher

Forgot to set my squad for a match against one of the top teams in my league I meant to throw, and my default (ie 1st) team ended up winning the game on normal! 3 from 5 in my 1st season in Div 3 ain't too bad a return so far, despite being booted out of the cup last week I cant complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Forgot to set my squad for a match against one of the top teams in my league I meant to throw, and my default (ie 1st) team ended up winning the game on normal! 3 from 5 in my 1st season in Div 3 ain't too bad a return so far, despite being booted out of the cup last week I cant complain

Hi Bush, didn't realise there was another boardsie in the league. Other than Ocelots, the teams are all quite beatable. It's not a very exciting league for me at the moment as there is no way I can beat Ocelots either and so difficult to progress on last year.
    Good luck next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bushbleacher

Zagato wrote: »
    Hi Bush, didn't realise there was another boardsie in the league. Other than Ocelots, the teams are all quite beatable. It's not a very exciting league for me at the moment as there is no way I can beat Ocelots either and so difficult to progress on last year.
    Good luck next week

Didn't realise there was another one of us either. Ocelots do seem to be miles in front of everyone else and so everyone is throwing games against them. It can't be terribly exciting for their manager either, but I can definitely see how being in your position would be very frustrating. Hopefully they'll get lazy about the league and you can surprise them in the play offs.

As for me Div 3 is definitely much more enjoyable than Div 4, as last season hitting the LTNT against the few human opponents I had = guaranteed victory. My goal for the season was to avoid the autorelegate and that's looking very likely so far. The most challenging thing I find is managing energy as that wasn't really an issue last season due to the number of bots, I'm still getting used to how it works but if I can stay up and get a feel for the game it'll be a very successful season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I think you'll easily stay above autorelegate, 20 points should cover that easily, and you are most of the way there after only 2 home games.

Given that you're going to stay up and you are packing out your stadium every week, you will want to look at expanding it. Usually capacity should be 8-9 times your total number of members, don't bother with increasing standing and remember that only really 65-70% of your members go to games when planning those seats, read up on it before you do it, but I would say you don't need to invest any further in players right now to stay up, so why not increase your earning capacity.

3 from 5 in my 1st season in Div 3 ain't too bad a return so far, despite being booted out of the cup last week I cant complain

That's a really good win rate for your first time in Div III, and avoiding relegation will help you avoid the 2nd dead season in Div IV that most managers have experienced.
    Hopefully they'll get lazy about the league and you can surprise them in the play offs.

That's exactly the way to do these things. Maybe not for you this season, but definitely a cheeky one from Zagato wouldn't go a-miss. It happens in at least one league every season.

Also good advice from Zagato there, get your stadium expanded and next season you'll have a bit more cash to invest in training/players. :)

_Skitso_ wrote: »
    I'm taking a wild guess that win was against my team the B Bulls?? Well done if so, not long back to BR, still as additive as ever I see!!

No, was one eyed ducks or somesuch!

And yes, far too addictive a game. It's a great distraction in my head when I'm on a run...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Playing Reddogwonders in the cup tonight. Should be an evenish game (assuming I get my tactics right!)

Anybody know if hes a Boardsie?

anybody got any advice on how to play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

isnt there a reddog floating around here alright i think iv seen his name. tnt him to the grave :P

Nooooooooooo!

Just logged on, remembered cup match, went to check line-ups at 17.29 ... discover he's probably throwing the match and rush to change intensity from TNT to Normal. Just missed it. Fail.

Well, at least it hopefully looks like I stand a good chance to get into the next round, albeit with a tired team :(

edit: Actually... maybe it's for the best. Even with the one dud he's playing, the rest of his team's CSR is double that of mine.

Against my better judgement decided to go for it vs Greyhounds Div one team,not looking good 10-0 down after 16.My win vs a far better team last week gave me false hope it seems

a glimmer of hope,he's had 2 injuries and the replacemnets are pretty poor.in their 22,cmon lads!!

Ugh. I should have trusted my gut. 3-45 to me after 30minutes. Means I'm through to the next round, but probably no further.

Looking bad 17- 0 down after 35.The last 15 mins I was definitely in the game but couldn't score after lots of phases on his line.Probably need a try before half time now

Looking bad 17- 0 down after 35.The last 15 mins I was definitely in the game but couldn't score after lots of phases on his line.Probably need a try before half time now

17-0 is a pretty solid scoreline against a Div 1 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

got to get that one on my watchlist amadangomor. would make sense anyway as i'm playing you on Saturday.

Rahoon will need to pull off a very big second half, went in at halftime a little bit behind , HT score Polk high 73 Rahoon 0 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

real ding dong battle vs reddogs...7-0 down for a long time....then went to 13-7...now its 14-13 to him

oh me nerves

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement