Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 18 League and Cup - Banter & Bile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    Team just went bot in my league. Nice! Due to play them in R2, would have been raging if they went bot after that.

nice they went bot now, so the league isn't unbalanced. Think though they remain in place until the half way point so everyone has played them once?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

eoferrall wrote: »
    nice they went bot now, so the league isn't unbalanced. Think though they remain in place until the half way point so everyone has played them once?
    dont think that has come in yet eof.

im in the most active league no hope of a bot, everyone logs in daily, tho ones an affiliate so mightnt get there full attention

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Looks like hitting the TNT button worked....if only it worked for all 14 games

so for my irish league there was 5 tnts 2 normals and wnwnm. in zim there was 7 normals and 1 wnwnm(mine hehe). competition is fierce and the stategy has started already for both them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

2 wnwim, 2ltnt, 2 normal and a bot normal v player wnwim.

Interesting first day to season...

Both new promotees looked good. One drew despite intensity deficit, other won handily with intensity advantage.

Me, I threw the game v justified ancient. There are easier battles to pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Won comfortably against the supposed top team in my league. I'm now pretty confident that it's another case of Batai Bulldogs etc., where they've been ticking over for years and years but not actively engaging with the game. If they start taking it seriously I'm screwed, but for the moment I've secured my first win and didn't need to resort to the TNT.

I have the lower placed teams in the league for the next while, so I'm hoping for a credible cup run to get my fans back up.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Won comfortably against the supposed top team in my league. I'm now pretty confident that it's another case of Batai Bulldogs etc., where they've been ticking over for years and years but not actively engaging with the game. If they start taking it seriously I'm screwed, but for the moment I've secured my first win and didn't need to resort to the TNT.

I have the lower placed teams in the league for the next while, so I'm hoping for a credible cup run to get my fans back up.
    what about batai bulldogs there in my league any tips welcome.. its the only team name i recognize in my league tbh from when my main was there

seanand wrote: »
    what about batai bulldogs there in my league any tips welcome.. its the only team name i recognize in my league tbh from when my main was there

I'm not too sure about them now, but they used to be this absolute monster of a team that just kinda rolled along. Remember doing an article on them back in my journo days. If I recall, they've been in the game since season 2 or something, and have never bought a player, so they're kinda using their starter team constantly. Think they've CSR up around the 200s, but the actual players were too light and too short and just not as good as a hand-selected team. I remember coming across them in Div IV and confused by how their stats were more that of a Div II team.

Unfortunately, I think the manager started actually playing the game a season or two ago, so they could be dangerous. I might be wrong though.

If they're still Bulldogs of old, I'd say work out your tactics and go for it, and make sure you focus on your strengths rather than their weaknesses, because they're nothing but weaknesses... albeit 200k csr weaknesses. Take them on without a plan and the pure CSR/experience advantage might sweep you away, but exploit weak lineouts or scrums and you'll be able to pick them apart.

I'm not too sure about them now, but they used to be this absolute monster of a team that just kinda rolled along. Remember doing an article on them back in my journo days. If I recall, they've been in the game since season 2 or something, and have never bought a player, so they're kinda using their starter team constantly. Think they've CSR up around the 200s, but the actual players were too light and too short and just not as good as a hand-selected team. I remember coming across them in Div IV and confused by how their stats were more that of a Div II team.

Unfortunately, I think the manager started actually playing the game a season or two ago, so they could be dangerous. I might be wrong though.

If they're still Bulldogs of old, I'd say work out your tactics and go for it, and make sure you focus on your strengths rather than their weaknesses, because they're nothing but weaknesses... albeit 200k csr weaknesses. Take them on without a plan and the pure CSR/experience advantage might sweep you away, but exploit weak lineouts or scrums and you'll be able to pick them apart.

yeah played tough matches with them, they got relegated from my league. last season had no issues with them. not sure if they failed to continue developing or what.

i used to beat them by going wide and some driving fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

How did the fans take relegation Fewi?

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    yeah played tough matches with them, they got relegated from my league. last season had no issues with them. not sure if they failed to continue developing or what.

i used to beat them by going wide and some driving fyi.

Yeah, think they were in Div IV at one point, then had a moment of cop-on and started playing again... saw them rising as serious contenders for a while there. Maybe they gave it a shot and lost interest again. Always interested by such teams.
    corny wrote: »
    How did the fans take relegation Fewi?

They went right down to grim. Now at sceptical having trashed a better team (in terms of rankings) so I dunno what it'll take to make them happy. Don't think the rest of the league have decent rankings to pilfer, so a good cup run will be a priority, with maybe a few monday wins too.

well i knew i heard there name recently they have zim u20, i know his skills hes well trained and hes only there 15th best player in terms of csr, while i only have one player higher than his.
    Total Transfers 122
    Total Value of Players Sold: $9,589,455
    Total Value of Players Purchased: $28,188,901

i think ill pick my battles with someone else ha. thanks anyway guys.

also fewi monday night friendlies only exchange ranking not contentment so technically youd be better off losing

well i knew i heard there name recently they have zim u20, i know his skills hes well trained and hes only there 15th best player in terms of csr, while i only have one player higher than his.
    Total Transfers 122
    Total Value of Players Sold: $9,589,455
    Total Value of Players Purchased: $28,188,901

i think ill pick my battles with someone else ha. thanks anyway guys.

also fewi monday night friendlies only exchange ranking not contentment so technically youd be better off losing

Ah, sounds like they've got their head in the game for sure. See how they perform, you might be able to sneak a win if they're half-assing it.

Damn, assumed ranking and contentment would be linked. Sure I need decent ranking anyway to go for promotion at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Damn, assumed ranking and contentment would be linked. Sure I need decent ranking anyway to go for promotion at the end of the season.

The whole ranking/ fans contentment thing is messed up.

Its really hard to build up fan contentment again after going down, and unless you get a good cup run, its going to be difficult to auto promote

Good Luck!! I'm all out for the cup this year....I'm hoping to get to the quarters :rolleyes: - and i've prob just jinxed it and will get a Div 1 team in the next round :(

daheff wrote: »
    The whole ranking/ fans contentment thing is messed up.

Its really hard to build up fan contentment again after going down, and unless you get a good cup run, its going to be difficult to auto promote

Good Luck!! I'm all out for the cup this year....I'm hoping to get to the quarters :rolleyes: - and i've prob just jinxed it and will get a Div 1 team in the next round :(

Hah, um, I was just about to come on and say that my contentment is pretty much back-up. I don't have premium at the moment, so I can't see the trend, but I reckon by this time next week I'll be on charmed.

Already have new members joining the club, which I wasn't expecting after last weeks no-change.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

got a live one in round three of the cup quite surprised got to be careful or cup run could end early this year

bot bashing continues into round 3. wish these large wins brought players into form! :p

Hmm... assumed I had a human, but it turns out Golden Spurs is a bot team. (Don't worry, I made doubly sure.)

Doesn't follow the aul Place Name + generic sports name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bushbleacher

Hmm... assumed I had a human, but it turns out Golden Spurs is a bot team. (Don't worry, I made doubly sure.)

Doesn't follow the aul Place Name + generic sports name

It does, believe it or not Golden is a village in Co. Tipp (I only know about it from a map in my Jr Cert geography book way back when!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden,_County_Tipperary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bushbleacher

Also I'm guessing round 4 is where I'm bound to meet a human in the cup and promptly get dumped out?

• Advertisement

It does, believe it or not Golden is a village in Co. Tipp (I only know about it from a map in my Jr Cert geography book way back when!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden,_County_Tipperary

Wow, that I did not know.
    Also I'm guessing round 4 is where I'm bound to meet a human in the cup and promptly get dumped out?

You might be lucky and get further on bots. Also, you may not get dumped out, chances are decent that you'll come up against another div IV team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Have Ormond in Round 3, so that ends my cup run for this year :(

ormond arnt that good are they?

ormond arnt that good are they?

Yeah they're pretty good. A solid Div II team for a few seasons now. Two Irish national team players, a Kenyan national team player (but with better players above :) ) Pretty tough. Only real hope is that it's so early in the cup that he'll take it WNWIM with a view to a long cup run, while it's early days in your league so you might be able to risk a TNT.

Yeah they're pretty good. A solid Div II team for a few seasons now. Two Irish national team players, a Kenyan national team player (but with better players above :) ) Pretty tough. Only real hope is that it's so early in the cup that he'll take it WNWIM with a view to a long cup run, while it's early days in your league so you might be able to risk a TNT.
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.lobby.php?id=621#page=summary&id=621

mixing up my ormonds this is the one iwas thinking off

that is who i was thinking off too, confused I was as to why Zagato was handing in his man card to a div IV team! :p

Ah yes, I kinda assumed that was the mix-up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

It's amazing how much my gates have fallen after relegation!!

My post-match income is down about 66%!!

I put a very small extension on the stadium at the end of last season, but whilst I'm still getting about 3/4's of my capacity in (sold out all last season), it's the posh seats (covered and members) that are only about 50% full, so that's hurting me a lot, i'm trying to save up to do bits and bobs with the club, usually I'd have enough revenue from 1 game to do things, I'll be saving from 3 or 4 games just to get one thing done this season unless things pick up :(

My only hope is a jammy cup run with easy draws along the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

My girlfriends team are playing GH's team in the cup tonight...in the words of Kevin Keegan "I would love it..."

But in the words of me, she doesn't stand a chance. :-(

• Advertisement

forgot cup match tonight... theres a chunk of energy wasted since default is normal! :(

this will be a big win against a damn bot!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement