Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Cranky Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

This thread is great.
    When it started I stopped being cranky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

My pool is still too cold to swim in....my ass is still sore....I still haven't gotten the Mad One out for a proper ride....and Tunney has stopped being cranky. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Normally happy go lucky & nothing really fazes me but....

tripped going up the steps to the daughters school this morning, took a real bang right on the sweet spot where I landed last October, saw stars and now the bloody thing is stiffening up already.

Hope, no damage is done.

Stupid steps!!

tripped going up the steps to the daughters school this morning, took a real bang right on the sweet spot where I landed last October, saw stars and now the bloody thing is stiffening up already.

Hope, no damage is done.

Stupid steps!!

Bang..... sweet spot...... stiffening up......

HEHEHEHEHE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hope, no damage is done.

Stupid steps!!

It's OK, I'm probably not doing Tri an Mhi, you don't need to start getting excuses in early

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    This thread is great.
    When it started I stopped being cranky :)
    No you didn't.

Bang..... sweet spot...... stiffening up......

HEHEHEHEHE

Child! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I think I win this thread.

My season is over and I haven't even raced yet. :(

BTH wrote: »

Not married yet and she's already put the foot down. I like her.

That's rough. Sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Whats up Eugene?

Oryx wrote: »
    No you didn't.

No I did!!!

No I did!!!

Now I am cranky. Sh1t day in work, and for the first time in months I am sick. A cold, cough and general feeling sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

since we are having a b1atch

had to pull out of the Joey due to working in Holland for a week, the joys of working in a DC for 5 days with no chairs, and now I have to miss the Limerick marathon.
    At my age not many seasons left to feck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Grrr.. Had been putting in a huge amount of work in to build up my running and improve my form and biomechanics after several years of recurrent injuries and it had been going really well until an awkward run off the bike a fortnight ago. Legs were knackered, ran with bad form and then pain. Medial tibial stress syndrome according to my physio. No Valentia for me this weekend. Beyond cranky - gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Jeez Valerie that's terrible news. I missed the North Tipp Sprint this year with a chest infection. Remember there will always be other races. I've suffered with my Achilles over the last 4 years, every time I get back on track, I push it that little bit too much and it goes again. Take the time to recover and don't rush it, you will get there!

For those of you who don't already know, guess why I'm cranky today...

A whole chocolate biscuit cake for the most accurate guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

You've just realised Commander Hadfield has returned to Earth!

TOTM Fell off bike Not doing Tri an Mhi Mancini sacked Cake withdrawal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

So, so many options...

Swim isn't cancelled in Tri an Mhi?

• Advertisement

TOTM Fell off bike Not doing Tri an Mhi Mancini sacked Cake withdrawal

I knew it wouldn't take long :pac:

Hit by car. Again. WTF is wrong with people? :confused:

We're going in OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS. How can you NOT see me. :confused: You have to look at the part of the road that I am on in order to get to where you want to go? :confused:

I still remain optimistic for Saturday...

Much damage to you or your bike, M?

Much damage to you or your bike, M?

Nah seems alright, as she cut across me the bike crashed into her(my brand new front wheel :rolleyes: ) and I went over her bonnet. Haven't had a proper look at it yet though to be honest, just got it back from the bike shop on Saturday and put down 300 quid getting it fixed up. On the brightside, I had to commute on my new bike last week so thank fudge I wasn't on that today!

I look like I've done a few rounds in the boxing ring. Fine otherwise, the hot boys dig chics with facial scars, right? :)

The doc asked me did I think I should still do Saturday and told me I shouldn't be cycling that far everyday...

Is your old bike jinxed or cursed?

You're obviously concussed if you are still considering racing Saturday. :p

Is your old bike jinxed or cursed?

You're obviously concussed if you are still considering racing Saturday. :p

LOL on Saturday we were just talking about how unlucky it's been for me. Even picking it up I'd already decided I'd be replacing it even as a commuter ASAP. The dent in the frame from NYE is bad enough that the bike isn't reliable enough to be cycling long term anyway. Should be OK for a permanent turbo bike though(bet I stil won't use the turbo though. :)

We'll see how sore I am in the morning. Stuff that doesn't hurt now will hurt tomorrow. Doubt this will change the result of Saturday anyway I'll still be crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Hit by car. Again....
    ...I still remain optimistic for Saturday...

Love the attitude! Just make sure you are actually OK though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Its been 4 week. :( I've swam 0m in that 4 weeks. I've "ran" :rolleyes: 22km in that 4 weeks. :( I go home of an evening after work and sit on the sofa like a slob, or lie down on the bed a doze. My back is getting sore from all the sitting around. I'm bored, a nightmare to live with, and fed up. :( If I weren't such a thoroughbred ( ;) ) I'd have probably put on weight too.

I have somehow managed to cycle 325km in that four weeks, but a third of that is commuting which clearly doesn't count and another 100k was the An Post Tour of Sligo. I've to somehow drag my carcass around for 150k on the bike this weekend in what will be a fairly fast group too :eek:

Meeting a new ENT guy on Wednesday. First guy couldn't get me an appointment in a hospital that my insurance covers. In dream world this guy will operate on me on Thursday. In reality it'll probably be another 7 weeks+ of this.

Meh..............

Thats rough BTH, sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Its been 4 week. :( I've swam 0m in that 4 weeks. I've "ran" :rolleyes: 22km in that 4 weeks. :( I go home of an evening after work and sit on the sofa like a slob, or lie down on the bed a doze. My back is getting sore from all the sitting around. I'm bored, a nightmare to live with, and fed up. :( If I weren't such a thoroughbred ( ;) ) I'd have probably put on weight too.

I have somehow managed to cycle 325km in that four weeks, but a third of that is commuting which clearly doesn't count and another 100k was the An Post Tour of Sligo. I've to somehow drag my carcass around for 150k on the bike this weekend in what will be a fairly fast group too :eek:

Meeting a new ENT guy on Wednesday. First guy couldn't get me an appointment in a hospital that my insurance covers. In dream world this guy will operate on me on Thursday. In reality it'll probably be another 7 weeks+ of this.

Meh..............

That is rough dude. Feel for ya, it ain't easy but it is only temporary. Chin up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Not strickly cranky but just a moan-

Why am I still sweating buckets 50mins after a run, 45 mins after a shower, 40 mins after putting on antiperspirant and clothes and 20 mins after changing my shirt because it changed color and stuck to me :o

DAMN ITS HOT :D

Advertisement