Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Cranky Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Double chocolate digestives :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Double chocolate digestives :mad:

Wrong thread? Confessions are heard after 12 mass, over there >> :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Dammit!!! I hate it when an uber cool thread is started and I don't know about it!!! :mad:

I'm getting ready to lose 2 toenails and it's going to fcuk up my pedicure! :mad::mad::mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Dammit!!! I hate it when an uber cool thread is started and I don't know about it!!! :mad:

I'm getting ready to lose 2 toenails and it's going to fcuk up my pedicure! :mad::mad::mad:
    Wow. Youre starting to swear like the natives.

The gods are yet again telling me Thou Shalt Not Race. Maybe I should listen.

Hangover from the depths of hell, full on puking, dizzy waves, dehydration headaches... Kill me now ugh... Good night but not worth this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hangover from the depths of hell, full on puking, dizzy waves, dehydration headaches... Kill me now ugh... Good night but not worth this!

Were any chocolate, cakes, pies, ice cream, candies consumed? Or do you not even remember????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Might it have been a dodgy batterburger at the end of the night? Sounds extreme for a hangover!

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Were any chocolate, cakes, pies, ice cream, candies consumed? Or do you not even remember????
    Actually I picked up a spot prize of a box of chocolates and promptly gave therm away ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

MrCreosote wrote: »
    Might it have been a dodgy batterburger at the end of the night? Sounds extreme for a hangover!

Sounds like me when people buy me jaegerbombs. That crap does not agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

I HATE MY FCUKING JOB!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well actually I hate management intefering and treating us like idiots. I'm so sick of it. Arrrgggghhh asssssbbbballllsss!:mad:

Ok feel better now for letting it out. I think I might have got fired if I screamed that out loud in the office instead of writing it on here :)

• Advertisement

Day 3 of hangover... seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Day 3 of hangover... seriously!

I remember the good old days when they would only last 2 days!

Getting better myself, although my chest bruise turned out to be a couple of broken ribs. No running for a month I'd say, no cycling as no bike, but I can swim (a bit).

And I'm still very cranky!! :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Solobally8 wrote: »
    I HATE MY FCUKING JOB!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well actually I hate management intefering and treating us like idiots. I'm so sick of it. Arrrgggghhh asssssbbbballllsss!:mad:

Ok feel better now for letting it out. I think I might have got fired if I screamed that out loud in the office instead of writing it on here :)

You need access to the ranting and raving forum. I find it very therapeutic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Big race at the weekend and been sick with man flu since sunday.... hopefully I will be ok for weekend... while I'm at it... I'm getting so feckin old..... can't even run 2 days in a row... so many injuries to nurse... if I was a horse i'd be shot! Hip still sore from last year, calves still playing up, knee sore after every run, shoulder sore after every swim, ankle sore after every cycle.... I'm a crock... on an up side. Still did a 14k run today to sweat this manflu out of me... went surprisingly well..... that's my rant. Feel better now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Really hungover this morning, attempt no 4 of getting drunk without falling asleep appears to have been a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Trig1 wrote: »
    Big race at the weekend and been sick with man flu since sunday.... hopefully I will be ok for weekend... while I'm at it... I'm getting so feckin old..... can't even run 2 days in a row... so many injuries to nurse... if I was a horse i'd be shot! Hip still sore from last year, calves still playing up, knee sore after every run, shoulder sore after every swim, ankle sore after every cycle.... I'm a crock... on an up side. Still did a 14k run today to sweat this manflu out of me... went surprisingly well..... that's my rant. Feel better now

Jeez Trig you're a mess!!:) We are not a great advertisement for triathlon- my ankle still hurts and my knee seems to have joined the party now. Sore hamstring last night too!! Maybe we would be better off on the couch:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Its like the Cavan branch of an ICA sewing circle in here... if they gave medals for moaning...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Looks like a few are heading for an alternative tri soon :D

eat-drink-sleep-triathlon-t-shirt-shirtaday-2.jpg

^ You see that? People from the goodybag forum are coming over here and calling us soft. You tell 'em Beepbeep. Bunch o' sissies.

I ran yay. I felt fat boo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Sick and tired of training, starving myself to loose a few lbs and nothing.

but I think I found the reason http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/healthandfitness/537075/why-stress-can-make-you-fat-and-what-to-do-about-it.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

great training done ths week for Big Race saturday...NOT...1 day's training all week and I feel fat...well i was sick all week :rolleyes:...anyway roll on Keeper hill challenge!!

Trig1 wrote: »
    great training done ths week for Big Race saturday...NOT...1 day's training all week and I feel fat...well i was sick all week :rolleyes:...anyway roll on Keeper hill challenge!!

Hey I've done SFA in the last 5 weeks. Roadie has dust on it. Most people will mostly walk up that hill anyway. Worst shape I've been in for a race since my inaugural get off the couch half marathon in 2007. Plus man flu has struck here too!! And I'm older...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I just want to sleep. Sleep........ insomnia.........

tunney wrote: »
    I just want to sleep. Sleep........ insomnia.........

Night number three of no sleep.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Night number three of no sleep.
    What are you doing to help with this (bar earplugs/ muzzling kids)

Oryx wrote: »
    What are you doing to help with this (bar earplugs/ muzzling kids)

Its not the kids.

Tuesday night they were quiet
    Wednesday night I was on my own in a hotel in London (got screwed on flights and couldn't stay in Switzerland)
    Last night everyone was quiet. Just me not able to sleep. Lying there like a gimp. Not even stressing about anything (alot to be said for stoicism)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Its not the kids.

Tuesday night they were quiet
    Wednesday night I was on my own in a hotel in London (got screwed on flights and couldn't stay in Switzerland)
    Last night everyone was quiet. Just me not able to sleep. Lying there like a gimp. Not even stressing about anything (alot to be said for stoicism)

Been there. Ended up having to resort to half a sleeping pill to try to break the cycle :(
    Stressing might be of an unconscious nature............ :o

RedB wrote: »
    Been there. Ended up having to resort to half a sleeping pill to try to break the cycle :(
    Stressing might be of an unconscious nature............ :o

Probably was stress to be honest but not my usual manifestation :)

• Advertisement

Ok, I've got a proper cranky.

Stupid "mud fun runs" being posted here lowers the tone. They've got nothing to do with SBR, nothing to do with AR, and nothing to do with hybrid multisport "messing". They're jokey pub challenges where everyones a winner; kick 'em out I say.

Advertisement