Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Cranky Thread

Options
  • 26-02-2013 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Stupid Achilles :mad:
    Miss chocolate :(

A place to park your Tunnyisms... :D

Confession Box for food, this one for moods...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

The sesason hasn't even started and i'm bloody broke. Paying for 3 races in a week:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

what about cycling more ....
    and eat choclate while cycling.
    problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

peter kern wrote: »
    what about cycling more ....
    and eat choclate while cycling.
    problem solved

At a guess this thread is more about problems than solutions!! :D

Sorry!! :(:( . .

Snarl, snarl, bloody flat on the turbo last night, snarl, snarl :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

It makes me REALLY cranky when people forget the E in TunnEy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Aaarrrgggghhh!!! Stupid ankle injury back with a vengence!

Stupid work and college stressing me out and getting in the way of training :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Phew...now I feel a bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I can rant here? Wooo!

I've had six sh!te months. Everyone I train with is improving as I fall backwards, with slower and slower times. Every training session is a struggle to win over fatigue. It sucks donkeys balls.
    A busted knee in November, turned into a lymphatic infection that incubated gently (and silently) for three months, only now diagnosed. I only hope its the underlying cause of the poor training lately.

Now, I know I could be a whole lot worse, and I do remind myself that I've trained through all this at some level, but its hard to see the world like that all the time and sometimes I want just say poop to it all and go back to being a flabby mommy.

Sigh. Better now. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Training going ok but work is really sh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t! Getting the sessions done though which helps calm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Oh driver of car so new-y
    See my body all black and bluey
    If only you waited till I passed
    Before you chucked that U-ey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Weight has stalled for the last week. Faaack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Missed my first swim in over a year yesterday...

A cut/infection opened on my quad and was oozing as I was getting dressed. And not blood unfortunately.
    No signs of stopping, made the call to can the morning swim so I didn't infect anyone nor get wound infected again!

Didn't even get extra sleep just did a core session instead.

Thankfully sorted now ahead of tomorrow's swim.

First missed session in over a year I think... (Well, substituted it at least :-) ) And don't feel bad as was the right call.

Rediscovered the wonder that is baths in the process of managing it...

Sorry not a cranky post but that's all I got!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

MrCreosote DO NOT READ ANY MORE OF THIS POST!!!!!!!

Nearly 5 months later. Still suffering with my knee after the crash.

Don't play with cars while cycling kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

tried a small jog around the block.. no joy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Cranky because

So tired
    Rear wheel fvked with bearings after repairing the tubular itself
    2 hrs of work to do reading through contracts before i go to bed and get up at 5.30am

Upshot - heading to Abu Dhabi in the morning as long as i dont sleep in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Was in work earlier when one of the lads showed a bit of interest that I'd been running earlier and started quizzing me about how much training I'd done over the last week or so. I reeled of the figures and then he made a comment that I'd be glad once the warmer weather arrives as it means I could start cycling outside. I explained that I do that on a weekend with a cycling club. His response:

"If you do all that excercise why are so fat?"

Made my day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

MrCreosote DO NOT READ ANY MORE OF THIS POST!!!!!!!

Nearly 5 months later. Still suffering with my knee after the crash.

Don't play with cars while cycling kids.

Too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Fantastic, a chance to rant and opportunity to post!

1. I haven't posted in my training log since last August
    2. I still get ill regularly after doing any form of training
    3. Convinced I was "cured" in August, I signed up for Ironman Sweden, arranged accommodation by house exchange, only to cancel said exchange the other day and am too depressed to cancel my race entry yet (which I will definitely do by April so that I can get a generous 50% refund :mad:
    4. I am a stone and a half heavier than I was when I was training
    5. I am increasingly bitter every day :)
    6. Most of my shirts are now too small for me and I keep looking for ones that won't involve straining the buttons to pop
    7. I just want to get back training (and racing, I miss racing!)
    8. I've been tested for everything under the bloody sun only to be told at all turns that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with me (other than my initial kidney infections). I've been to three GPs, three consultants and two hospitals.

Happily, my immune system breakdowns are happening less frequently and are less severe so there might be some hope on the horizon.

It feels good to rant.

Is it just me or are quite a few of us having a pretty shyte year this year? Just seems to be a higher number of 'woe is me' posts around here than previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Oryx wrote: »
    Just seems to be a higher number of 'woe is me' posts around here than previous years.

Its the transition from having been part of the A/R forum for so long. It'll wear off soon!

*that's me banned from the A/R forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Is it just me or are quite a few of us having a pretty shyte year this year? Just seems to be a higher number of 'woe is me' posts around here than previous years.

I'm really enjoying training this year. Swim times have improved dramatically, running has become enjoyable again, and turbo work on the bike is producing results. Weight has come down, college and work are going well, and one of the kids pinned their "student of the week" cert on the fridge.

What's this thread about anyhow? I wasn't listening at the start, there.

meinthenip.jpg

That pic is meant to mean 'kiss my shiny pink patootie' then?

Its wonderful for you that things are going so well, KG. I'm thrilled for you, honest.

Now excuse me while I go find some wax and hat pins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Compared to others I shouldn't bother but I'd love some chocolate, crisps and sweets. How long until Easter Sunday?

Pesky head cold too but not stopping me training. A running nose is a pain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

That pic is meant to mean 'kiss my shiny pink patootie' then?

Its wonderful for you that things are going so well, KG. I'm thrilled for you, honest.

Now excuse me while I go find some wax and hat pins.

The pic is the universal symbol for not knowing whats going on, Ted.

Ok, I have a cold, so can I be cranky too? Although your S&M offer of wax and pins has perked me up no end;)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    The pic is the universal symbol for not knowing whats going on, Ted.
    Tis a poor day you don't learn a new meme.
    Ok, I have a cold, so can I be cranky too? Although your S&M offer of wax and pins has perked me up no end;)
    Funny, you didn't seem the type. :p

ronanmac wrote: »
    Fantastic, a chance to rant and opportunity to post!

1. I haven't posted in my training log since last August
    2. I still get ill regularly after doing any form of training
    3. Convinced I was "cured" in August, I signed up for Ironman Sweden, arranged accommodation by house exchange, only to cancel said exchange the other day and am too depressed to cancel my race entry yet (which I will definitely do by April so that I can get a generous 50% refund :mad:
    5. I am increasingly bitter every day :)
    6. Most of my shirts are now too small for me and I keep looking for ones that won't involve straining the buttons to pop
    7. I just want to get back training (and racing, I miss racing!)
    8. I've been tested for everything under the bloody sun only to be told at all turns that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with me (other than my initial kidney infections). I've been to three GPs, three consultants and two hospitals.

Happily, my immune system breakdowns are happening less frequently and are less severe so there might be some hope on the horizon.

It feels good to rant.

Good to know you're still alive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

ronanmac wrote: »

Don't worry you are still a skinny Ginger Bollox!!!!!

Why do muppets jump in to a lane and decide to swim head on towards you!!! :mad:

catweazle wrote: »
    Don't worry you are still a skinny Ginger Bollox!!!!!

He probably has to buy grown up shirts now.

pgibbo wrote: »
    Why do muppets jump in to a lane and decide to swim head on towards you!!! :mad:
    Because they are muppets. The same muppets who, when you explain anticlockwise laps to them, proceed to veer all over the lane like they're swimming with their eyes shut, anyway.

Because they are muppets. The same muppets who, when you explain anticlockwise laps to them, proceed to veer all over the lane like they're swimming with their eyes shut, anyway.

Saw someone get clocked in the head the other day from someone doing some sort of star jump type backstroke in the pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

He probably has to buy grown up shirts now.

I think the problem really lies in the fact that, in my previous job, my tie would cover the button strain. No tie in this job necessitates a less ample frame than zero training allows for :o

Advertisement