Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Widescreen wrote: »
    I have a regular sky sub, but I would like to get BT on a spare box I have instead so I will have a chance of watching everything I want

I have a white sky card which was used for multiroom up to being cancelled 2 years or so ago. The card delivers a message "this is the wrong set top box etc and will not clear channels such as lfc tv, so it seems inactive.

If I rang setanta or subscribed on line would they be able to pair this card to the box? Also , does this card have the same status as any card setanta would send me? I just want to know whether I can use this card or will i have to get a new one sent out?

Finally, is it only credit card you can pay by, when I had setanta previously you could set up a direct debit?

thanks

Yes mate, you can use that card - the message is confusing, it simply means that it has lost its entitlements due to not being used.

I believe you can enter your bank details in the online €1 subscription offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

radiowaves wrote: »
    Yes mate, you can use that card - the message is confusing, it simply means that it has lost its entitlements due to not being used.

I believe you can enter your bank details in the online €1 subscription offer.

Thanks, was just trying to subscribe. Offer link only gives visa or mastercard option, gonna give 'em a buzz tomorrow. Don't like using credit cards for these things as I think its harder to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Thanks, was just trying to subscribe. Offer link only gives visa or mastercard option, gonna give 'em a buzz tomorrow. Don't like using credit cards for these things as I think its harder to cancel.

Sorry for the misinformation mate :)

radiowaves wrote: »
    Sorry for the misinformation mate :)

No problemo:cool:

BTW subscribed to BT using the old multiroom(white) card. Their signal just re-paired the box automatically etc and all channels working including LFCTV,Sony tv etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Anyone having problems with ESPN & BT Sport 1 & 2 reception for the past few days(Sky platform)? Keeps breaking up...
    They're the only channels I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with ESPN & BT Sport 1 & 2 reception for the past few days(Sky platform)? Keeps breaking up...
    They're the only channels I've noticed.

i've had BT1 HD on for the past hour or two and noticed nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

I'm starting to think it's my '3' wireless router that's causing it, which is strange because I've had it for months with no problems. Could this be possible?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Setanta appear to have very quietly dropped their Sunday night Premier League highlights show, it can't have been getting many viewers being aired directly agains MOTD2 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

icdg wrote: »
    Setanta appear to have very quietly dropped their Sunday night Premier League highlights show, it can't have been getting many viewers being aired directly agains MOTD2 anyway.
    I wonder how the Saturday highlight programme is rating? .. I only ever watched the very first one - wasn't too impressed.

• Advertisement

It may be doing a good deal better owing to airing two hours before MOTD, but I was never convinced of the point of the Premier League selling highlights rights to a pay-TV channel, even one with Setanta's basic cable reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

It may be doing a good deal better owing to airing two hours before MOTD, but I was never convinced of the point of the Premier League selling highlights rights to a pay-TV channel, even one with Setanta's basic cable reach.
    It really doesn't do much to increase the PL brand to those without subscription TV that's for sure... there will have to be a saturation point come soon - there is only so much people are going to keep paying for PL matches.

Seems it may not be dead, just moved to Mondays. Not that that's any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

They would get more viewers if they made the highlights show FTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Seems it may not be dead, just moved to Mondays. Not that that's any better.

Includes Monday Night Football

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone else having issues watching BT Sport 1 and 2 right now? Im trying to watch the Wigan game but I'm gettting the " This programme is not available " message. ESPN is working fine as is the 2 setanta channels, its just BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

bt sport Europa league games geo blocked here in roi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ampions-665540

champions league live games are on fta tv, german fta tv

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

anyway to watch BT Sport online, similar to Sky Go? their app is UK only?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

Sent pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

UK only yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    anyway to watch BT Sport online, similar to Sky Go? their app is UK only?

Did you ever find a work around?

Seems crazy that I can't watch a match online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

We are going to get our €1 worth of footie today!

Well, anyone made the cancellation call yet? Once the footie is over tomorrow nothing worth watching after that I think and 19.99 is that bit too much to pay monthly.

If they knock a tenner off I'd take it otherwise I will just slip my uk ftv card back in my spare box and drive on...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,826 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well, anyone made the cancellation call yet? Once the footie is over tomorrow nothing worth watching after that I think and 19.99 is that bit too much to pay monthly.

If they knock a tenner off I'd take it otherwise I will just slip my uk ftv card back in my spare box and drive on...
    Lots of people including myself got it for €9.99/month for 3 months....read from post 275 onwards here

Did you ever find a work around?

Seems crazy that I can't watch a match online.

Even if there were a workaround, which we wouldn't be able to discuss here, to use the BT Sport app requires you to have a BT account number.

Setanta have talked about an app, but even if they do eventually develop one I'm sure that it'd be limited to satellite subscribers.

muffler wrote: »
    Lots of people including myself got it for €9.99/month for 3 months....read from post 275 onwards here

Thanks, looks like its 9.99 or bust then, will ring 'em tomorrow or monday,nothing left worth watching until 1 Jan for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Does anyone know if bt sport have any games after February 22nd,and if they do when will they be announced? Seems to be nowhere to find any information or even confirmation they will have games after Feb,its as if they are trying to avoid the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,826 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Anonymou wrote: »
    Does anyone know if bt sport have any games after February 22nd,and if they do when will they be announced? Seems to be nowhere to find any information or even confirmation they will have games after Feb,its as if they are trying to avoid the question!
    They will definitely have more premier league matches. Its just that there are negotiations with the prem league as to who gets the rights to show which matches. If you had looked late last July or early August for a list of games they were going to show from the start of the premship season then you woulnt have got the list at the time either.

Id be fairly sure that the list will appear in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

Anonymou wrote: »

yes BT will have ushuall one live game a week if not more all season.
    games for march will be listed soon , i thought last week but still no. keep checking PL web site should be any day now

Advertisement