Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

iba wrote: »
    ?????????????????

They showed the 1st match of the season this morning
    Yes, but their 'Soccer Saturday' type program lasted about 30 mins before going to the same Rugby match as was on BTS2. I don't know if they are having technical probs or can't think of anything to say.

Back in the studio now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah that might be a problem so :)

Maybe, but as I said Im getting 90% and 75% on Canal Sport Poland on Hotbird which would suggest to me that the dish is fine and that its Setanta's signal that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Rascasse wrote: »
    Yes, but their 'Soccer Saturday' type program lasted about 30 mins before going to the same Rugby match as was on BTS2. I don't know if they are having technical probs or can't think of anything to say.

Back in the studio now.

Maybe they were getting a lunch break since they've been in the studio since 11:30 :p

Rascasse wrote: »

Back in the studio now.

ah ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Maybe, but as I said Im getting 90% and 75% on Canal Sport Poland on Hotbird which would suggest to me that the dish is fine and that its Setanta's signal that is the problem.
    No problems with the channel here anyway, just the terrible SD picture quality.

• Advertisement

No problems with the channel here anyway, just the terrible SD picture quality.

What ffrequency/transponder are you on?

11680 V 27500 2/3 ... SS1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

What ffrequency/transponder are you on?

No problems either here too, 90% signal, 74% quality on 11681 V 27500

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

As a matter of interest who is presenting the 3pm KO, Paul Dempsey or Conor Morris (or someone else?)

11680 V 27500 2/3 ... SS1

Yeah same. Thanks

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    As a matter of interest who is presenting the 3pm KO, Paul Dempsey or Conor Morris (or someone else?)
    I think its Conor Morris... am not sure though.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    No problems either here too, 90% signal, 74% quality on 11681 V 27500

Thanks

I just scanned that transponder and Im getting 90% and 20%

Ok, back to Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Thanks

I just scanned that transponder and Im getting 90% and 20%

Ok, back to Poland.

Definitely an alignment issue so.

Who is the lead commentator on Setanta?... he is actually quiet good and easy to listen to... TV3 should try him out for CL, give that other lad the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

11680 V 27500 2/3
    11681 V 27500 2/3

Use Premier Sports

using this for now its a bit better for picture than Setanta Sports 1

both are listed in the transponder info above
    Setanta Sports 1
    Premier Sports
    Setanta Ireland

Choose Premier Sports from the list

Oh dear. A map of Ireland and the Setanta logo instead of the rugby on Setanta Ireland....

Oh dear. A map of Ireland and the Setanta logo instead of the rugby on Setanta Ireland....

Thanks - Im not convinced that my dish is misaligned (but of course it could be) - I think its a problem with Setanta and BT Sports. Watching Sky Sports HD1 now at 90% and 70%

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'm supposed to be watching the game and I'm looking at what appears to be deferred coverage of biarittz v Clermont, have they explained at any stage?

Edit - farcically they are saying they just can't cover the games due to 'issues in france'.
    amateur hour.

I gave up before Setanta did and switched to the football. Not amused particularly when this was a last minute schedule change.

I gave up before Setanta did and switched to the football. Not amused particularly when this was a last minute schedule change.
    What did they change? .. I don't understand what's going on :o :pac:

• Advertisement

The original schedule had a live French football game, this was changed at the last minute to Racing v Brive live (French rugby), but there were technical problems and they showed a recorded Top 14 game instead.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

The original schedule had a live French football game, this was changed at the last minute to Racing v Brive live (French rugby), but there were technical problems and they showed a recorded Top 14 game instead.

It wasnt quite a last minute change, they were promoting the racing v brive game for that time for a couple of days at least..

Ah yeah that does sound rather amateurish... there would be uproar if sky did something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

The problem must have been Setanta because I watched the game with french commentary.

Or with the feed Setanta recieve, perhaps.

The difference in quality of Ars v AV on SkySports HD now and it live on Setanta Sports 1 today is breathtaking... its like watching a different match... Take Note Setanta!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Amid all this bad news there's some good news, French Top 14 Rugby is back on Setanta Ireland this year.

It's also on both BT Sport and ESPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

highlights on setanta irl at the mo picture quality so so

It's also on both BT Sport and ESPN.

But we don't get them included in our basic package on UPC. Setanta Ireland is now so bereft of live sport (aside from the Champions League and Europa League) so any sort of live sport being announced for the station is good news. Wasn't a good start that they failed to deliver on this game, though.

There's an article in the Sunday Times this morning on the state of the pay-TV market in Ireland. Told us nothing we didn't know (apart for dealing in a bit of Eircom related pure speculation), but did confirm that the duration of the Setanta-BT deal is three years, i.e. the entire length of this particular Premier League rights period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Kevin Kilbane co-commentating on a Ligue 1 on BT now :o

Advertisement