Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Extra (TNT/Premier)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

any one know a good online / web stream for Setanta ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jivemonster64

Just signed up to BT Sports on UPC. Got an email saying I'll be contacted in the next 2 days RE: the upgrade. I thought it'd just up date automatically? Anyone know if it'll actually take two days? I've got a football fever for tomorrow!

(sorry if this has been asked already)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Just signed up to BT Sports on UPC. Got an email saying I'll be contacted in the next 2 days RE: the upgrade. I thought it'd just up date automatically? Anyone know if it'll actually take two days? I've got a football fever for tomorrow!

you would of being better off ringing them, rang UPC for my father this morning at 9am got switched on by 6pm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

kooga wrote: »
    not live all games this weekend on bt sport including Toulon v Montpellier live at the mo.

Racing Metro 92 v CA Brieve tommorow will be live on Setanta Ireland as will Racing's next two games. Big Irish interest there obviously with Sexton and ROG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Widescreen wrote: »
    Another loss for our joke national TV service.

If they couldn't afford it then I am glad they didn't pay for it.

I got the same so I called them and they had it turned on within 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hope you haggled and didn't pay the €16 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I signed up online and waited...... for 3 days, I then rang UPC and the guy (apologetic and courteous) had it on within 20 seconds, so yeah, ring them as soon as possible, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irishfan

Hi, my family just signed up for the Setanta Pack with UPC, and I had a couple of questions.

Is it too late to haggle them down on the price?

And do the BT HD channels come with the pack? Right now I have all the other channels but those, is it just a case of these taking longer to activate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Irishfan wrote: »
    Hi, my family just signed up for the Setanta Pack with UPC, and I had a couple of questions.

Is it too late to haggle them down on the price?

And do the BT HD channels come with the pack? Right now I have all the other channels but those, is it just a case of these taking longer to activate?

The haggling part has no chance now that's for sure m8.

Try unsubscribing in a couple of months & they may throw ya a bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    The haggling part has no chance now that's for sure m8.

Try unsubscribing in a couple of months & they may throw ya a bone.

That's pretty much what I'm hoping for. Signed up for the free 2 months and will ring and cancel before then in the hope they can come down from the 16.

I'm even thinking of paying for the third month and then ringing up to cancel as it might show that I'm willing to pay for the channels (just not really 16).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi,

What transponder/frequency are people using to get BTSport 1 HD

Im only able to get BT Sport 1 without the HD

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So I've just gotten BT and Setanta but it's only come through on one box and I want to get it on a second box too, ho do I do this? How much will it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

So I've just gotten BT and Setanta but it's only come through on one box and I want to get it on a second box too, ho do I do this? How much will it cost?

If your on UPC just give tech support a ring as it should come through without an extra charge. When i ordered it came through on the Horizon and not the multirroom.

Quick call and ask to resend the signal to the other box, takes a few minutes.

Anyone have the BT sport HD channels on UPC?

Got them in last week and the picture has been terrible. Keeps breaking up every 5 - 10 seconds!

Got them in last week and the picture has been terrible. Keeps breaking up every 5 - 10 seconds!

Im trying to get the HD on Sat and cannot get it either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm usually the one complaining with you about channels :D

But have no problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Can anyone confirm are sky still offering free multiroom if u order the setanta pack.. R u better off ringing up or ordering online??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

quick feet wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm are sky still offering free multiroom if u order the setanta pack.. R u better off ringing up or ordering online??

To get multi room you have to contact setanta as sky don't deal with your subscription with setanta

I got Free Multi room on second sky box from Setanta not sure if they are still giving that as seen others not getting it now

Setanta Multiroom prices are
    second Box €1.49
    Third Box €2.99
    Fourth Box €2.99
    Max number of boxes per house is 4

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    I'm usually the one complaining with you about channels :D

But have no problems here.

Haha at least that confirms that its just a problem on my end.

Rang them up and they're sending out a tech next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Picture Quality on SS1 for the Arsenal match is beyond bad on satellite...

• Advertisement

irishfeen wrote: »
    Picture Quality on SS1 for the Arsenal match is beyond bad on satellite...

Same here - maybe my dish needs a bit of aligning - only getting 90% Signal Intensity and Quality is fluctuating 30% to 50% - its bouncing all over the place.

iba wrote: »
    Same here - maybe my dish needs a bit of aligning - only getting 90% Signal Intensity and Quality is fluctuating 30% to 50% - its bouncing all over the place.
    I think it might just be the case that Setanta is playing out SS1 at a quality that you would see on an average YouTube video... not good enough for €19.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

My HD channels for BT and ESPN not working ????? Saying I am not subscribed etc.
    SD versions working fine

I think it might just be the case that Setanta is playing out SS1 at a quality that you would see on an average YouTube video... not good enough for €19.99 a month.

Now I have no signal at all

Hmmm, and I doubt that its my dish at all coz Ive now switched to C+ Sport Poland for the same match and the pic is perfect

Getting 90% and 75%

My HD channels for BT and ESPN not working ????? Saying I am not subscribed etc.
    SD versions working fine

I could not get the BT Sports HD on Sat at all

Now I have no signal at all
    Get up on your ladder, it must be slightly misaligned....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

BT Sport aren't going to win many viewers from Sky by showing the same Rugby 7s match on both channels and not covering the opening day of the season.

Get up on your ladder, it must be slightly misaligned....

Not that easy - its a 1.1m motorised dish - will have a look another (sunny) day

Rascasse wrote: »
    BT Sport aren't going to win many viewers from Sky by showing the same Rugby 7s match on both channels and not covering the opening day of the season.

?????????????????

They showed the 1st match of the season this morning

• Advertisement

Not that easy - its a 1.1m motorised dish - will have a look another (sunny) day
    Ah that might be a problem so :)

Advertisement