Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of drunk are you?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Neyite wrote: »
    I am like that too. Luckily I was never much of a drinker, and its rarely happened. I'd love to be one of those people who sing and hug people when they are drunk, but I'd be more likely to focus on some insignificant thing and get upset about it or get maudlin so its just not worth it.

I used to try to drink what was bought for me to be polite, and it rarely ended well. Now my friends know that if they buy me a drink I didnt want, it gets left on the table. I've never lost a friend by doing it, (someone will always drink it!) so dont be afraid to.

I also know what drinks to stay away from, what ones dont suit me - beer or guinness is my usual tipple.

At least I'm not the only one! Yeah I'd love to be a 'normal' drunk but it just doesn't suit me anymore. I don't want to ruin relationships with people because I can't keep a cool head after a few drinks. Ah well, it'll work out cheaper in the long run :)

Yeah you're right, I'll usually say 'Ah I'm grand thanks' when someone offers me a drink but some people can take offence to it, unfortunately. But I've thrown the odd shot on the floor instead of drinking it (not cool, I know) because I know it'll be the one that's too much.

Yeah, you're better off staying away from some drinks. Gin is an absolute no-no for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

vitani wrote: »
    Does anyone else suffer from really bad fear or shame the next morning? Even if I haven't acted badly or said anything that stupid or out-of-character, I still hate remembering the previous night. It's weird - I don't tend to judge my friends for what they do or say when drinking so I don't know why I'm so paranoid about my own behaviour.

YES! And it's worse than any hangover. I would tend to be fairly shy in social situations, and drink loosens me up a bit, so the next day I would be worried about anything I said "out of character" only it'd be normal for other people to say, just a bit more forward than I usually am.

I do think it comes from a deeper anxiety though, my husband really doesn't care what people think of him and he doesn't get the fear at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

I'm a red wine drinker at home,but if I'm out with himself or my mates I always drink beer.I dunno if it makes a difference or not,but I'm happier out,louder(god,you could hear me from space)and I know the answer to ALL life's problems.If you would only do as i say......etc.
    Also,no matter if I have 4 beers or 8,when I leave you -I have to kiss eveyone goodbye and tell them how much I love them..
    And,at my age,it now takes me two days to get over a good night out:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 razor blade

xLexie wrote: »
    I'm a messy drunk. Usually good humoured but would say really inappropriate things, as I'm guessing most people would.

Would I stop drinking if I blacked out? No.
    U REMIND ME OF ME

Advertisement