Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Undeadfred wrote: »
    Yeah you definitely should. I researched my courses thoroughly and Science in UCD seems to be the best option other than TP in Trinity. I've been told from various different sources that a TP graduate from UCD would be at the same level as one from Trinity. I'd be perfectly happy if i got Science in UCD for that reason.
    This is probably a bit off topic, but i just wanted to help a fellow physicist :o
    Thought the NUIM course was held in very high regard due to all the funding their science department gets from their Nobel prize. Have been told that it is more prestigious than the equivalent Trinity one. Again, could just be hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan1234

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Thought the NUIM course was held in very high regard due to all the funding their science department gets from their Nobel prize. Have been told that it is more prestigious than the equivalent Trinity one. Again, could just be hearsay.

The Maynooth course is only 3 years though and doesn't look nearly as good as the trinity one to me. I only had a quick look at science in UCD there but it does look very good, more research needs to be done but it'll probably be my third choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

The Maynooth course is only 3 years though and doesn't look nearly as good as the trinity one to me. I only had a quick look at science in UCD there but it does look very good, more research needs to be done but it'll probably be my third choice.

Yeah its a great fallback i think since TP and Maths in Trinity are pretty high points. I've put it as my 2nd choice though in front of Maths in Trinity since its basically TP with other added subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BarrySeoighe

Anyone here thinking of Culinary Arts in DIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Anyone here thinking of Culinary Arts in DIT?

it's my 5th choice

• Advertisement

daz801 wrote: »
    it's my 5th choice
    Do you kno how much of it is management and how much is practical?
    What is your first choice? Is it to do with culinary arts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Do you kno how much of it is management and how much is practical?
    What is your first choice? Is it to do with culinary arts?

Haven't a clue, although I know a guy who does it and it does sounds like there's a fair whack is practical.

No my first four choices are all either engineering or computer courses.

daz801 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue, although I know a guy who does it and it does sounds like there's a fair whack is practical.

No my first four choices are all either engineering or computer courses.

Ya, i thought that alright. Sound anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I got
    Maths 92%
    English 89%
    Irish 83% :(
    French 85%
    Physics 86%
    Chemistry 92%
    DCG 89% :(

Leaves me with a grand total of 585 points (or 580) including bonus points.

I can still improve here and there though, I'd love to get DCG an Physics into A1's and Irish into any A!

Sorry for resurecting what is now a dead thread but got my very last Pre result today, which was Applied Maths which I'm doing outside of school, hence the long gap between this and the rest, got 90% which I'm over the moon with, that brings me up to 595 in total which I'm delighted with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Sorry for resurecting what is now a dead thread but got my very last Pre result today, which was Applied Maths which I'm doing outside of school, hence the long gap between this and the rest, got 90% which I'm over the moon with, that brings me up to 595 in total which I'm delighted with :)
    Just got my Applied Maths back Monday as well. 95% to bring me to 590 overall. *shakes fist at eurovisionmad* :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Just got my Applied Maths back Monday as well. 95% to bring me to 590 overall. *shakes fist at eurovisionmad* :P

Ahhh but you go the higher applied maths though ;)

Advertisement