Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

I was 100+ points below my first choice, woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »
    I was 100+ points below my first choice, woo :D
    I more than likely will be too going by the 3 subjects I have back :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭inthezone

Subject | Level | % | Grade | Points
    English | Higher | 64% | C2 | 65
    Irish | Higher | 56% | C3 | 60
    Maths | Ordinary | 47% | D2 | 10
    Business | Higher | 73% | B3 | 75
    Economics | Higher | 67% | C1 | 70
    Geography | Higher | 59% | C3 | 60
    Music | Higher | 83% | B1 | 85

Round-up: 415 points.

I'm quite happy with this, especially considering I didn't spend a whole lot of my time studying. I've successfully achieved the points I need for my course next year (375) and more! The only thing I'm a little concerned about is how I need a C3 in the Leaving Cert for Ordinary level Maths. However, I missed it by like 8% and I found that they were marked very harshly, so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

My Mock results:
    English 79%
    Irish 81%
    Maths 74%
    Biology 96%
    Chem 74%
    Ag Science 94%
    French 69%
    Overall 540 points, but need 585 for veterinary in real thing, should i be worried?? (considering that was a weeks cramming!)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

My Mock results:
    English 79%
    Irish 81%
    Maths 74%
    Biology 96%
    Chem 74%
    Ag Science 94%
    French 69%
    Overall 540 points, but need 585 for veterinary in real thing, should i be worried?? (considering that was a weeks cramming!)

Yeah you got 540 points in the mocks...you should be very worried!!

I say you got double the amount of points then half of the students in leaving cert across the country so i don't think you should be worrying, you will be fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

decisions wrote: »
    Subject|Percentage|Result
    Irish OL|76|B2
    English|55|C3
    Maths|62|C2
    French|61|C2
    Physics|-|E
    Ap Maths|55|C3
    Economics|67|C1

Total so far: 315 :(

Edit: Economics back, New Total: 385

A lot of work to do. Hopefully my Economics and Physics will bring me up a little.

Last result back, not happy with the results at all. I have no idea how close I came to passing physics the % wasn't given. And now I have to wait 2 weeks until I get to see the paper :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My Mock results:
    English 79%
    Irish 81%
    Maths 74%
    Biology 96%
    Chem 74%
    Ag Science 94%
    French 69%
    Worried, no.

Do you need to get stuck in and do a consistent amount of work between now and June to have the best chance at achieving your goal, yes ... rather than cramming at the last minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flyingbanana

yournerd wrote: »
    Ermm am i in like the nerd thread or something? PEOPLE HAVE YOU LIVES?
    Haha, i was thinking the same thing. Where are the normal people who dont waste their lives away stuck in books. I wanna see normal people with normal results.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭SeanyboyQPR

4 C1s in Economics, History, German and Irish.. 1 B3 in English and a very disappointing C3 in Business (Was expecting a decent B)..

415 Overall, hoping to boost by 100 points by June for the Law BCL in UCD...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

got 420 overall happy as the course I want is 390, but I might try aim for BESS in trinity for near 500, can't hurt to try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Im aiming for BESS and Law too and didnt get anywhere near 600 like the other guys here.

Im aiming for BESS and Law too and didnt get anywhere near 600 like the other guys here.
    What's BESS?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

What's BESS?
    Business, Economics and social studies/science (can't remember which) its in TCD

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I know I got 420 and i thought that was good but against most of the results here I guess not :L

user.name wrote: »
    I know I got 420 and i thought that was good but against most of the results here I guess not :L

Some are so harshly marked, if not for all the C1s I could have had at least 20 more points and felt a lot more optimistic about making the jump in june..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

English - C2
    Irish - C3
    Business - D2
    Ag Science - C2
    Geography - C1
    Biology - C1

All honours. So 380 in total. Not too bad! Aiming for 420 at most, so just need to keep going.

Am doing 5+ hours study a day over easter. Seeing as I did sweet F all for my mocks, this should help :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

user.name wrote: »

420 is 120 points above the average points for the Leaving Cert..

No wonder the people getting 200 plus do not post here, if someone getting 420 is intimidated by the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

I got...

Maths - 97% - A1
    English - 81% - B1
    Spanish - 75% - B2
    Physics - 87% - A2
    Applied Maths - 89% - A2
    Music(without practical) - 88% - A2

Altogether that's 560 including bonus points. I'm 5 points off my course (Theoretical Physics) and I'm confident I'll get it since Music, Physics and Applied maths can all be pushed up to an A1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Undeadfred wrote: »
    I got...

Maths - 97% - A1
    English - 81% - B1
    Spanish - 75% - B2
    Physics - 87% - A2
    Applied Maths - 89% - A2

Altogether that's 560 including bonus points. I'm 5 points off my course (Theoretical Physics) and I'm confident I'll get it since Music, Physics and Applied maths can all be pushed up to an A1

Theoretical Physics has has higher average points than medicine :O :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan1234

I got...

Maths - 97% - A1
    English - 81% - B1
    Spanish - 75% - B2
    Physics - 87% - A2
    Applied Maths - 89% - A2

97% in maths...... Yeah not too bad :P
    I'm going for the same course and got 540 in the mocks. I'm slightly worried since I have been working fairly hard for pretty much the whole year and still fell short of the points needed, but sure it's only the mocks so I'm fairly confident I can make up the points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

how can one get over 90% in maths? HOWWWW?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Yeah, interesting, in my school majority of people failed, both H and O levels.

Don't worry people who got low points, and least we don't have to pretend we're someone else. It's most important for you to be satisfied by the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

It really annoys me that some people think people would make up their results. Fair enough you might get the odd person or two saying they got 600 but in general, most are telling the truth. I got 480 and worked my arse off for that.
    If you're happy with getting 300 points then good for you, but for people like me who genuinely need 500+ points to get into their course, it's not encouraging to see people belittling results that we spent hours working towards.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It really annoys me that some people think people would make up their results. Fair enough you might get the odd person or two saying they got 600 but in general, most are telling the truth. I got 480 and worked my arse off for that.
    If you're happy with getting 300 points then good for you, but for people like me who genuinely need 500+ points to get into their course, it's not encouraging to see people belittling results that we spent hours working towards.

It's not that people are making them up, though every year there are some who do, it's the attitude of 'oh my life is over I only got 510' - THAT is not going to make someone who struggled to get 240 feel proud enough of their achievement to post.

It's not a problem that has only arrived this year on boards. Every year we have the same issue of trying to get a broad spectrum of people to post and every year it gets dominated by one group.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

spurious wrote: »
    It's not that people are making them up, though every year there are some who do, it's the attitude of 'oh my life is over I only got 510' - THAT is not going to make someone who struggled to get 240 feel proud enough of their achievement to post.

It's not a problem that has only arrived this year on boards. Every year we have the same issue of trying to get a broad spectrum of people to post and every year it gets dominated by one group.

If someone got 240 and that was their best, they should be happy with that and allowed to express it. If someone got 510 and knew it wasn't their best, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to express that. Equally so, people who got 550 and got enough for their course should also be allowed to express it without feeling judged by people who are, in my opinion either jealous or spiteful.

Theoretical Physics has has higher average points than medicine :O :eek:

How do you know that? It doesn't say what the average points were for medicine on that list?
    97% in maths...... Yeah not too bad :P
    I'm going for the same course and got 540 in the mocks. I'm slightly worried since I have been working fairly hard for pretty much the whole year and still fell short of the points needed, but sure it's only the mocks so I'm fairly confident I can make up the points.

Well actually you just about got enough points for the course since the points were 540 second round. There's another 2 months until the leaving so with work you're bound to go up from 540.
    What's your second choice? Science in UCD has Theoretical Physics as part of the course and I've been told that its equally as good as the Trinity course. Worst comes to worst and you dont get TP in Trinity, you can still study it in UCD provided you get over 500 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Okay, okay, but it's kinda annoying when someone who got an A/B says "they expected to fail", or someone who got 500+ says they "only crammed the night before" . I know there's a lot of people who want to achieve high results, but I doubt it would come that easy..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Brendan1234

What's your second choice? Science in UCD has Theoretical Physics as part of the course and I've been told that its equally as good as the Trinity course. Worst comes to worst and you dont get TP in Trinity, you can still study it in UCD provided you get over 500 points.

My second choice is maths in trinity (third is theoretical physics in Maynooth). I actually didn't realise the UCD science course incorporates TP, I'll look into that thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

mixery wrote: »
    Okay, okay, but it's kinda annoying when someone who got an A/B says "they expected to fail", or someone who got 500+ says they "only crammed the night before" . I know there's a lot of people who want to achieve high results, but I doubt it would come that easy..

I think though that sometimes people forget though that every persons definition of hard is different and that it can be different for different subjects! Like if I did a biology test I would personally find it hard if I thought I didn't get a B1 but if I did a German test I'd define it hard if I thought I'd get below a C! And as well no one wants to be the person saying that they thought something was easy and then end up not getting a great grade because everyone's just going to think that you think your class and way better than you actually are!

• Advertisement

My second choice is maths in trinity (third is theoretical physics in Maynooth). I actually didn't realise the UCD science course incorporates TP, I'll look into that thanks :)

Yeah you definitely should. I researched my courses thoroughly and Science in UCD seems to be the best option other than TP in Trinity. I've been told from various different sources that a TP graduate from UCD would be at the same level as one from Trinity. I'd be perfectly happy if i got Science in UCD for that reason.
    This is probably a bit off topic, but i just wanted to help a fellow physicist :o

Advertisement