Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options
  • 25-02-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

So I'd say by this stage a few of ye have their results already. So what results did you get? How many points di you get and how many do you want in the actual leaving?
    Haven't got my own yet but they should start coming in during the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Most people probably will stick their results up in their respective study logs! :P

I got 575, which is down 20 from my last set of tests but still, if I repeated that for the Leaving Cert I'd be more than happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Most people probably will stick their results up in their respective study logs! :P

I got 575, which is down 20 from my last set of tests but still, if I repeated that for the Leaving Cert I'd be more than happy.

Have you finished all your courses? That's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

oh my god

Not really.. I thought I'd do a lot worse. My maths paper was heavily edited to account for stuff we haven't done and one section of geography was cut out but all of the rest were full papers. Plus since ours were marked by our teachers, the likes of english might be a bit inflated (I got 83%) since she is a heavily biased correcter and she likes me.. I don't think I did enough work for paper 2 to deserve that mark. :P

Is that including bonus points? for maths

• Advertisement

Yep I got 110 points out of maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I got
    Maths 92%
    English 89%
    Irish 83% :(
    French 85%
    Physics 86%
    Chemistry 92%
    DCG 89% :(

Leaves me with a grand total of 585 points (or 580) including bonus points.

I can still improve here and there though, I'd love to get DCG an Physics into A1's and Irish into any A!

Beat me by 10! :P

I'd also like to get Physics up to an A1 but I'm a bit further off that than you are! D=

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

As I stand...
    English-83% :/
    Irish- 92% but waiting for p2 to be corrected
    Maths-92%
    French-88% (frustrated by this one!)
    Biology-97% :D
    Chemistry-90%
    History-90%

So I'm on 615 with bonus points provided my Irish doesn't drop when I get P2 back! :S

Really happy but still lots to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Holy crap you people are smart.

• Advertisement

As I stand...
    English-83% :/
    Irish- 92% but waiting for p2 to be corrected
    Maths-92%
    French-88% (frustrated by this one!)
    Biology-97% :D
    Chemistry-90%
    History-90%

So I'm on 615 with bonus points provided my Irish doesn't drop when I get P2 back! :S

Really happy but still lots to do!!

I had barely two hours of having the highest results on the thread and then you come along! :rolleyes:

I had barely two hours of having the highest results on the thread and then you come along! :rolleyes:

Sowwie :/

Just waiting for someone to come along and say they got 620 now! =P

Just waiting for someone to come along and say they got 620 now! =P

I don't thInk you can, can you?
    625 or bust!
    Same way you couldnt get 595 because of the 10 point difference between an A1 and an A2.
    I could be way off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I don't thnk you can, can you?
    625 or bust!
    Same way you coulnt get 595 because of the 10point difference between an A1 and an A2.

5 A1's including maths = 525 + a C1 in something. 595 no? Not that i'll be getting that. :pac:

kevin12345 wrote: »
    5 A1's including maths = 525 + a C1 in something. 595 no? Not that i'll be getting that. :pac:

No what she meant was that before the 25 extra points you couldn't get 595, it was 600 or 590 but now it's 615 or 625 but nobody can get 620!

No what she meant was that before the 25 extra points you couldn't get 595, it was 600 or 590 but now it's 615 or 625 but nobody can get 620!
    That's exactly what I mean! :)

That's exactly what I mean! :)
    I got yo' back sista! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭I_ENJOY_BATHS

I'm completely out of my depth here....

English HL 80%
    Irish OL haven't got back yet
    Maths HL 56%
    German OL haven't got back yet
    Physics HL 58%
    Geography HL 74%
    Business HL 65%
    Music HL haven't got back yet

Brings me to 375 I believe, excluding my music. Need well over 500 for Science in UCD, hoping to bring physics and geography up to A1s and Maths up to a B.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

I've got nothing back except maths and to be honest I don't care about anything else. Got an honour in a subject people have been telling me to drop for a year and a half. It's borderline pathetic but getting that result yesterday was one of the best moments of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

What's with all the high grades?? :eek: I feel thick now :(

Maths 72%
    English Not back yet
    Irish OL 85%
    French Not back yet
    Physics 62%
    Biology 77%
    D.C.G. 85%

385 for 5 subjects at the moment. Need >340 for engineering

Maths 72%
    English Not back yet
    Irish OL 85%
    French Not back yet
    Physics 62%
    Biology 77%
    D.C.G. 85%

I know this isn't really my "territory" but I'm just wondering as you're doing DCG, is it a subject that you would recommend? I am currently doing Technical Graphics at Junior Cert and I am quite good at it, with 95% in my mock exam. Would you recommend that for Leaving Cert choices next year I go for DCG?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Ermm am i in like the nerd thread or something? PEOPLE HAVE YOU LIVES?

I know this isn't really my "territory" but I'm just wondering as you're doing DCG, is it a subject that you would recommend? I am currently doing Technical Graphics at Junior Cert and I am quite good at it, with 95% in my mock exam. Would you recommend that for Leaving Cert choices next year I go for DCG?

I'm also gonna jump in here cause I also do DCG ;) I have to say I loved tech for the junior cert and I was glad I kept DCG on. First off, it's not necessarily a walk in the park! The drawing component of the course is just a continuation of the JC, only harder, but with 95% you should be grand with that I would imagine! The only part that you most likely wouldn't have touched on would be the DCG project (apart from naming Solidworks commands in the short questions from the JC Tech exam!) this is the part that is probably the most . . . . the word isn't hard, in fact its not hard at all to do very well in the project, but it's just time consuming, if you want to get the very highest marks you really need to put in a lot of time when you're doing the project! But of course you do the project from September to January of 6th year so at least you're finished it by the time your pres start! And on top of that it's worth 40% of your overall mark so if you do quite well in this it really reduces pressure for the drawing part! So in fairness the project has it's pros and it's cons!

Really at the end of the day the best advice I could give you is do the subjects you love and are good at, there's no point in keeping on sciences, for example, to "keep your options open", if you despise them and don't do as well in them as a subject that you prefer and are good at (incidentally I love sciences but that's beside the point!). I kept on DCG because I really loved Technical Graphics, like it is a subject I almost look forward to doing homework from because I can just turn on my iPod and in ways relax when doing my DCG! And really that's how you should base your options on!

I don't thnk you can, can you?
    625 or bust!
    Same way you coulnt get 595 because of the 10point difference between an A1 and an A2.

This is why you're getting A1's in maths while I'm stuck with my measly B1 I guess.. I never noticed that and now I feel silly! :P

I'm also gonna jump in here cause I also do DCG ;) I have to say I loved tech for the junior cert and I was glad I kept DCG on. First off, it's not necessarily a walk in the park! The drawing component of the course is just a continuation of the JC, only harder, but with 95% you should be grand with that I would imagine! The only part that you most likely wouldn't have touched on would be the DCG project (apart from naming Solidworks commands in the short questions from the JC Tech exam!) this is the part that is probably the most . . . . the word isn't hard, in fact its not hard at all to do very well in the project, but it's just time consuming, if you want to get the very highest marks you really need to put in a lot of time when you're doing the project! But of course you do the project from September to January of 6th year so at least you're finished it by the time your pres start! And on top of that it's worth 40% of your overall mark so if you do quite well in this it really reduces pressure for the drawing part! So in fairness the project has it's pros and it's cons!

Really at the end of the day the best advice I could give you is do the subjects you love and are good at, there's no point in keeping on sciences, for example, to "keep your options open", if you despise them and don't do as well in them as a subject that you prefer and are good at (incidentally I love sciences but that's beside the point!). I kept on DCG because I really loved Technical Graphics, like it is a subject I almost look forward to doing homework from because I can just turn on my iPod and in ways relax when doing my DCG! And really that's how you should base your options on!

Thanks for the great advice. I think I will do DCG. Tech Graph's always been my favourite subject and our teacher is such a good teacher it'd be silly to not do it!

Thanks for the great advice. I think I will do DCG. Tech Graph's always been my favourite subject and our teacher is such a good teacher it'd be silly to not do it!

Definitely go for it then! Good luck!

Maths 72%
    English Not back yet
    Irish OL 85%
    French Not back yet
    Physics 62%
    Biology 77%
    D.C.G. 85%

Nice DCG result, what exam did you sit?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

<snip>

385 is a well above average result.
    Don't let posts claiming high points discourage you.
    They are not necessarily all true - it's the Internet and it's boards and it's the LC forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Finished my mocks today :) but back to the usual 9-3:30 tomorrow :(

Advertisement