Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny gets emotional and cries live on TV

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

John.Icy wrote: »
    Yeah 70% was fairly OTT. :D

*slow clap.
    Now I'm off to watch my coloured Telly, and then drink some lovely pure water. What awful times I live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yes, a liar, a show boater, a insincere poll gatherer, pandering to the feeble minded, is all that matters. Might as well move on now, you've nailed it.

I can't believe how people get sucked in by these politicians. Most of them are pure SCUM, utter pieces of sh*t. One party of pieces of utter s**t drag a country to its knees, kill people on a hospital trolleys, endless waiting lists for cancer patients, hit the minimum waged - then another shower of filth puke themselves in, breaking every single promise they made pre-election; then comes the PD/Green party in bad suits, Gilmore's shower of scum sucking liars, to prop up the Irish Tory party as they feign tears, cut the elderly to the bone, savage the disabled, and attack the average working man/woman to the point of having to choose between heat that night or a school lunch for their kids.

False platitudes, PLEASE - I'm too long in the tooth to swallow Kenny's BS.

Wake up, people - these assholes are selling our country out to the Germans, safe they will have nice pensions, and leaving us to the wolves. Kenny sucks on every word Merkal tells him. Ever wonder why he doesn't cry about the carer who's allowance is cut to bits looking after their loved one, so they can't work, or the disabled, the elderly who he cut off most of their ESB/PHONE benefits, raised the prescription charges to 3 times the amount, and can't heat their homes.

I'm not a MUG - don't expect me to swallow that revolting excuse for a human beings' tears. If that man had any compassion, he'd look at his friends pockets and not slaughter the most vulnerable peoples, causing all our young to move abroad. But to be CONTENT to watch people die waiting for consultant appointments, well, don't get me started on anger on that one.

PS: I have no party affiliations - I just see what is happening.

I've read a lot of sensationalist rants on here but this has to be the most delusional. Go back to reading the daily mail and don't be bothering us with your off topic nonsense.

I don't like Enda Kenny or his government but I have to admit I was impressed by his speech. Its clear that the meetings he had with the survivors had a deep effect on him. I think some people are giving him a bit too much credit for his acting skills, it was clearly genuine. Its not like he was crying his eyes out, he just had a bit of a stutter towards the end. But in reality the only response that matters is that of the survivors and they seem fairly happy. There's always going to be a few who sh!t all over everything any politician does purely because hating politicians is in fashion at the moment but I'll give credit where its due I think Enda's apology was very appropriate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

Every day I wonder why the world is so slow to recover from bad times economically when we shouldn't be.

Then I read posts like this and many others on boards and realise why our country is so ****ed up.

We have to be the biggest nation of moaning complaining twats. The government could give everyone in the country 1 billion Euro tomorrow and you'd all still be fecking giving out. Never happy and Jesus Christ you're all condemning us to years to come of bad times.

I sware I wake up everyday thinking we live in a hell hole. Everybody is constantly complaining about this and that. Blaming the government for everything. I'd easily say 50% of all moaners are uneducated people, who at best can plaster a house or unclog a shifty toilet. It's not someone else's fault they're utterly useless, it's their own. Ireland is becoming a country of fat people crying they dont have enough money for that 5th chipper in the week. Drunks are complaining their dole only gets them 10 pints a week and not 11! Boo hoo Ireland. Boo friggin hoo.

We live in times so much better than the Ireland of 20 years ago. What's the worst that's happening to most bar a few severe cases if poverty? Oh you can't upgrade to the iPhone 5? Awh poor you. Oh you didn't go on a foreign holiday last year? I feel for you people, honestly. Oh you couldn't buy your 5th new car in the last 10 year's? Jesus :( seriously I'd love if Ireland stopped for a week, went info a period of actual suffering. Everyone had to **** in their garden and wipe their arses with whatever they could, be it their hand or a thorn bush. People ate tubes of processed goo labelled food. People lived in smelly homes with 10 people per single bed and you piss in a tub and feck it out the window. People drink brown water and die of disease. That is a much better option than today ain't it.

It actually makes me sick that people complain about todays living style. In the thread that it is, can you imagine living in that Ireland? Or the Ireland in any of those movies depicting 20 years or more ago? Agnes Browne, Song for a raggy boy, the magdelene sisters? I know there may not be as much money in our pockets as years before us, but Jesus I'm still glad I live in a world where our young are less likely to be raped by a Priest or the young ladies of Ireland thrown into workshops and beaten senseless. I'm glad I don't live in an Ireland where you have 10 pounds and you're rich.

I love this country, but I hate it right now sadly. I'm not going to leave for work, I'd leave to get away from such a depressing place. Things are getting better, and they will keep getting better. But people just rather complain for the sake of it. I want to live somewhere where people get on with life and poor economic climates and build to a better future. I don't want to live in a god damn nation where a man can't cry because he's a politician. Ireland is so backwards, it's amazing how the world sees us as such a golden place, because if they got a whiff of what a nation of whingers Ye are, we wouldn't be praised for a second.

TL:DR; Ireland sucks and shut up complaining.

Ps; fairplay enda.

And your apathetic (oh Ireland was so much worse than now) excuse rocks, does it? People can't get cancer care, people can't heat their homes -- BUT HEY, MATE - that's OK, as it ain't as bad as ten thousand years ago. I'd love to say more, but really u r pathetic enough.

mod: Banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've read a lot of sensationalist rants on here but this has to be the most delusional. Go back to reading the daily mail and don't be bothering us with your off topic nonsense.

I don't like Enda Kenny or his government but I have to admit I was impressed by his speech. Its clear that the meetings he had with the survivors had a deep effect on him. I think some people are giving him a bit too much credit for his acting skills, it was clearly genuine. Its not like he was crying his eyes out, he just had a bit of a stutter towards the end. But in reality the only response that matters is that of the survivors and they seem fairly happy. There's always going to be a few who sh!t all over everything any politician does purely because hating politicians is in fashion at the moment but I'll give credit where its due I think Enda's apology was very appropriate.

I’m delusional, am I? I saw a neighbour of mine with cancer, ignored for a consultation - he got one, but after 18 months (when he was marked as URGENT), by that stage he was dead. I saw a 96 year old woman pissing into a bucket in a certain Dublin hospital - she was on a trolley. She died the following day. You need to wake up, son, before throwing scorn at me -- I see the reality as is my job. You? Get back to your desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

What did Edna know about the laundries during his time as a TD?

Absolutely nothing? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Loreida

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

he'd have won an oscar for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Enda is probably a psychopath (like most politicians), even if he's not I still think he faked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

tiny timy wrote: »
    he'd have won an oscar for that!

Not good enough for an Oscar, maybe second place behind Mrs Browns boys in the BAFTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

He gave a great speech a couple of years ago too, oh sorry, it was Barack's speech he plaguerised. The man does everything for the cameras, everything is a sound bite, even the timing last night, just before the 6 one news finished. "I the great Enda Kenny, statesman, leader, apologise" and I really do agree with one of the earlier posts in regards to "pause, 3 seconds, look agrieved"
    I find myself torn, as it looked real, but allowing for the amount of lies he tells, the promises he breaks and the sh1t he comes out with, I can only go with that it was put on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Aquarius34 wrote: »

Oh ffs.... That is all....He didn't cry, he did a stutter, and It was just getting to much for him to contain himself. What a joke this is... I wasted 2 minutes of my life watching that. Doesn't anyone know that politicians are just there to freaking lie and talking a bunch of crap...

As far as I'm concerned the Dail need's to be leveled...
    cant stand the sight of 'it'..or 'its' annoying voice so i wont be listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

More onions required for Enda in tomorrows Connacht Tribune.
    Enda Kenny has been slammed for failing to deliver on a promise more than a year ago to bridge the funding gap at Galway Hospice and assist with an expansion plan.
    The Taoiseach promised to grant the dying wish of former Connacht Tribune Group Editor John Cunningham, pictured (left) with Deputy Brian Walsh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

All hail Enda the Merciful !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

He's a fake PR1CK

• Registered Users Posts: 22,091 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I've seen a copy of the speech. It said 'Choke here'. He choked for Ireland.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I thought it was premeditated. He had to do something after his first "apology".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

The silence from the super rich catholic church is deafening. :mad:

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Sorry to revive an old thread but I just watched the speech and was very impressed. I think enda was brilliant and personally I under estimated him as a politician and I under estimated the change that this report would bring about. I as a citizen of ireland, actually feel better after this speech. To say it is in act is very cruel. Enda is a human being first and was clearly moved by this as was I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Sorry to revive an old thread but I just watched the speech and was very impressed. I think enda was brilliant and personally I under estimated him as a politician and I under estimated the change that this report would bring about. I as a citizen of ireland, actually feel better after this speech. To say it is in act is very cruel. Enda is a human being first and was clearly moved by this as was I.

Don't go looking for a used car on your own.

Advertisement