Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2013

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

mikemac1 wrote: »
    How did I lose?? :eek:

Went into the Sunday matchups cruising 10-1 up

Lost 7-5, what a last gasp recovery from Greek God of Walks

There's always next year :(

Congrats Rob

I only saw the result this morning. I saw you were 10-1 up going into Sunday so just assumed you had won! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Congrats to Rob and Greek God of Walks, 2013 Champs

It must be said that this GM had a different strategy to everyone else with all these RP and it's clearly worked

Bold move!

Am looking forward to next year and hopefully we can get back to a 16 man league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Congrats to Rob and Greek God of Walks, 2013 Champs

It must be said that this GM had a different strategy to everyone else with all these RP and it's clearly worked

Bold move!

Am looking forward to next year and hopefully we can get back to a 16 man league :)

Thanks Mike,
    Was a nervy win in the end. Few close categories and I would have lost if it went to tiebreaker.

Tried the same strategy last year and didn't work out at all. Got lucky with some the RP's I drafted staying healthy for the most part, Eric Young was good late pickup purely for steals which I had ignored throughout the year. The Championship week was first time I used a starting pitcher all year and I got very lucky with two quality outings from Marco Estrada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Thanks Mike,
    Was a nervy win in the end. Few close categories and I would have lost if it went to tiebreaker.

Tried the same strategy last year and didn't work out at all. Got lucky with some the RP's I drafted staying healthy for the most part, Eric Young was good late pickup purely for steals which I had ignored throughout the year. The Championship week was first time I used a starting pitcher all year and I got very lucky with two quality outings from Marco Estrada.
    Yes well done Rob!!

In the matchup, I'm aimed to split the pitching categories, you may have noticed I brought in a few setup guys and hoped to to at least split the batting cats but my guys just didn't walk enough or run. The guy (Billy Hamilton) I picked up for runs and steals only had 5 ABs all week. I thought he would have played more :(

Anyway there is always next year and like Mike says we'll try to get back to the 16 team league :)

BTW if anyone is interested in play a head -to-head fantasy hockey league, head over the hockey forum. We draft tonight and are looking for one more player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Yeah saw you picked up some setup guys alright, you won Holds as none of my setup guys did anything in that all week, they did pick up Wins which was no use to me as had written that off.

Was afraid of Hamilton in steals alright, but he only seemed to be pinch running thankfully. Was tough week for batting, wasn't sure who was playing and who was rested every day with the last week of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Will this one be starting again and will there be openings?

I didn't play in it last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd also be open to this one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

I'm out so you can take my place.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

Someone can take my place too, didn't really have the time for it which was a shame as I like playing. Didn't have many opportunities to watch baseball last season, most likely be the same for the start of this season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm back in for this year if it's running again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I would also be open to joining if there is any openings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yes, we can run it again as it looks like there is interest. I'll create a thread for the new season and start a list with those who have already stated their interest here...

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Can a mod please lock this thread so that people sign up in the 2014 thread?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057149127

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement