Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2013

Options
  • 15-02-2013 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

There seems to be interest in setting up another redraft fantasy baseball league for the coming season. Again this league will be a non-keeper head to head with upto 16 teams. Will probably add a category of 2 but that can be decided later.

If your interested post here or pm me to be added to the list.

So far we have:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Coeus wrote: »
    There seems to be interest in setting up another redraft fantasy baseball league for the coming season. Again this league will be a non-keeper head to head with upto 16 teams. Will probably add a category of 2 but that can be decided later.

If your interested post here or pm me to be added to the list.

So far we have:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman

Count me in again

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭UCD AFC

I'll be back for this season please!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lankythecamel

Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Yep definitely in again. I missed the final in cruel fashion last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

In. The only way is up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Updated list of players is as follows:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman
    5. BigBadRob83
    6. UCD AFC
    7. lankythecamel
    8. Iang87
    9. Masked Man

And a reminder of last years settings...

Season Type: Full
    Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
    Draft Time: TBD
    Max Teams: TBD

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Player Universe: All baseball
    New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 2
    Trade End Date: TBD
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Waiver Time: 2 days
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
    Trade Review: League Votes
    Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
    Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
    Min Innings Pitched: 7
    Weekly Deadline: Daily - Today
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams)
    Playoff Reseeding: No
    Lock Eliminated Teams: No
    Divisions: No
    Make League Publicly Viewable: No
    Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
    Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)
    Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I'd love to jump on in.....I promised myself that i'm only going to do one league this year......

I'd love to jump on in.....I promised myself that i'm only going to do one league this year......
    I'm only playing in 2 leagues this year, this and the keeper league :)

Amended list of players:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman
    5. BigBadRob83
    6. UCD AFC
    7. lankythecamel
    8. Iang87
    9. Masked Man
    10. rockonollie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Hey guys - I'm out this year.
    Already in 3..hmmmm

I'm only playing in 2 leagues this year, this and the keeper league :)

Amended list of players:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman
    5. BigBadRob83
    6. UCD AFC
    7. lankythecamel
    8. Iang87
    9. Masked Man
    10. rockonollie

Now that i'm committed......guess I'll need to start my research.......free advice, pick curtis granderson #1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

I'd like to join if there's space.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gciddy

I'd like to play again this year! Give me a chance to repeat? :-D

Now that there are 12 players I'll set up the league in the next day or 2 and send out the invites. The league can have upto 16 members so there are still places available.

Updated list of players:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman
    5. BigBadRob83
    6. UCD AFC
    7. lankythecamel
    8. Iang87
    9. Masked Man
    10. rockonollie
    11. summerskin
    12. gciddy

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Count me in, might as well join a second boards league!

Out of curiousity, anyone interested in making this an auction league?

Did one for first time in fantasy NFL this year, really enjoyed i. Very different dynamic. Would love to try it in baseball.

Out of curiousity, anyone interested in making this an auction league?

Did one for first time in fantasy NFL this year, really enjoyed i. Very different dynamic. Would love to try it in baseball.
    Never played an auction league before. I'm kinda just getting used to H2H after years of playing rotisserie. An auction draft is available in Yahoo so if the general consensus is to go that way then I can set that as draft type.

Want to add a batting and pitching category. Thinking maybe OPS, Walks or something unusual like field percentage. For pitching I think holds is good for a 16 team league. Opinions welcome on this...

Updated list of players:
    1. Benimar
    2. Mikemac1
    3. Coeus
    4. malistheman
    5. BigBadRob83
    6. UCD AFC
    7. lankythecamel
    8. Iang87
    9. Masked Man
    10. rockonollie
    11. summerskin
    12. gciddy
    13. kinda32

Never played an auction league before. I'm kinda just getting used to H2H after years of playing rotisserie. An auction draft is available in Yahoo so if the general consensus is to go that way then I can set that as draft type.

Want to add a batting and pitching category. Thinking maybe OPS, Walks or something unusual like field percentage. For pitching I think holds is good for a 16 team league. Opinions welcome on this...

Holds sounds good for pitching
    Walks would be good addition for hitting, all other aspects of hitting are pretty much covered with the original 5 categories

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gciddy

I've done a number of auction drafts and they are fun! Best thing is that if you absolutely love a particular player, you can get them - just have to spend more than the next guy.

Just plan on spending more time to do the draft! Takes longer than the regular snake draft.

Okay league is setup, gonna PM the details soon. I've added walks and holds for now.

Draft is provisionally set for Thursday 28/3 @ 9 but I have set up the following poll to determine the best day and time.
    http://www.doodle.com/4u9z7pgw2zkf38yp#table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Got to the final last year, ended 5-5 but I lost on a tie break :(

In it to win it this year! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Okay league is setup, gonna PM the details soon. I've added walks and holds for now.

Draft is provisionally set for Thursday 28/3 @ 9 but I have set up the following poll to determine the best day and time.

Just voted. Am out of the country from Tuesday 26th, but can make pretty much any night before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

Is it too late for me to join?

thanks

Voted.....I assume that the poll is automatically adjusting for my timezone and the options are 9,10 and 11 irish time.

Is it too late for me to join?

thanks
    Nope, places still left. PM sent with details.
    Voted.....I assume that the poll is automatically adjusting for my timezone and the options are 9,10 and 11 irish time.
    Poll was setup for 8, 9 and 10 Irish time they seem to be the best times here to get a good attendence for a live draft.

Will probably have to drop the time per pick to 60 secs or the draft will take all night if there are 16 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Honestly don't know what days would be good for me. I filled in most of the second week, I'm likely to be available then. Could be good some of the days next week as well but I left them blank.

Just checking the league and there are 13 teams signed up so there are places for 3 more.

Looking at preferred draft times there a couple of day/times with the most votes. Since there are a still a few places available, lets wait a few days to see if those places can be filled.

One final note, if the league has an odd number of teams, then it will have to a rotisserie league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just checking the league and there are 13 teams signed up so there are places for 3 more.

Looking at preferred draft times there a couple of day/times with the most votes. Since there are a still a few places available, lets wait a few days to see if those places can be filled.

One final note, if the league has an odd number of teams, then it will have to a rotisserie league.

Any update on when the draft will be? Some of the most popular times are this weekend/Monday which is getting close!

Benimar wrote: »
    Any update on when the draft will be? Some of the most popular times are this weekend/Monday which is getting close!
    The poll is showing tonight (too late for that), next Monday @ 9 or next Thursday @ 9 as the most popular choices so far. I'll give it another day and see if any more votes come in...

The keeper league drafts are Sunday and Tuesday @ 9 so need to avoid those nights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭boccy23

Hi Coeus

Is this league full or is there room for another.

Looking for a redraft league as other leagues I am are all Dynasty/Keeper.

• Advertisement

boccy23 wrote: »
    Hi Coeus

Is this league full or is there room for another.

Looking for a redraft league as other leagues I am are all Dynasty/Keeper.
    Yes, there is room. As of last night there was 13 teams signed up so there are 3 places left to fill. I have sent you the details.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement