Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Rule #2 of fantasy baseball....stay away from Ubaldo J :-)

3 wins in a row and top of transactions trends for pickups right now

Who would trust him though!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

mikemac1 wrote: »
    3 wins in a row and top of transactions trends for pickups right now

Who would trust him though!?

he is great at the moment :-)

but you're constantly watching...going..when will he blow up next.
    Lincecum is in that boat now as well. :-(

UJ next matchup is Detroit....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Great pickup by the Brawlers, Puig is crushing it this week against me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Great pickup by the Brawlers, Puig is crushing it this week against me!
    I drafted the guy in every league I'm in. When I read his ceiling was considered higher than Céspedes, I thought it was worth a punt with a late draft pick even if he was only to play part of the season. Luckily for me Kemp got injured last week, which prompted his promotion :)

So long R A Dickey, I've had enough.

Released to the waiver wire.

I'm picking up spot starters this week to get some W and K and will activate Brandon Beachy next week.

• Advertisement

Looking for stolen bases, willing to deal most of my players, Greek Gods of Walks for anyone looking to trade

Aaron Hill and Dan Uggla on the block, will probably trade one of them.
    Also, closers available for anyone looking for saves, I'm looking at you Tolka Rats (0-11-1 in Saves), Isotopes (2-8-2), Polo Grounds (2-9-1), UCD Jets (4-6-2), Hotballs (3-7-2), Pure Gold (4-5-3)

Still looking for steals if anyone's interested

Pier 6 Brawlers crushing the league, even a hefty 20.5 games ahead of last years champion.

Got a perfect 12-0 last gameweek, I think that's the first perfect gameweek all season

Pier 6 Brawlers crushing the league, even a hefty 20.5 games ahead of last years champion.

Got a perfect 12-0 last gameweek, I think that's the first perfect gameweek all season
    I think the stars aligned for my teams this week. My team in the keeper league won 12-0 aswell.

In this league some of the late round sleepers I drafted (Iwakuma, Miller, Puig, Segura) are having great seasons for where they were picked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Coeus wrote: »
    I think the stars aligned for my teams this week. My team in the keeper league won 12-0 aswell.

:(

I don't think I'll ever see Chase Utley hit 4 HR's and bat over .400 in a week again. But I was well well beaten in that one.

Going streaming crazy and having 18 pitchers over the week didn't help either.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    :(

I don't think I'll ever see Chase Utley hit 4 HR's and bat over .400 in a week again. But I was well well beaten in that one.

Going streaming crazy and having 18 pitchers over the week didn't help either.
    My batting stats were riduclous in that team. 6 players batting .400 or better is going to be tough to beat.

It wasn't a great week for streaming. I was kinda lucky that my top guys had a 2-start week so I could keep my ratios ahead while just getting enough wins and Ks.

Huzzah to the Walnut Wanderers! Having a strong season in 4th place.

But the main claim to fame is they've beaten tearaway leaders The Pier 6 Brawlers not once but twice.

The Brawlers are undefeated against every other team in the league but Walnut Wanders can beat them when nobody else can

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Huzzah to the Walnut Wanderers! Having a strong season in 4th place.

But the main claim to fame is they've beaten tearaway leaders The Pier 6 Brawlers not once but twice.

The Brawlers are undefeated against every other team in the league but Walnut Wanders can beat them when nobody else can

My batters did all in their power to throw it away too. At one stage last night they were 1 for 27 (:eek:) and in danger of leaving a 30 point BA advantage slip!

Its great to be the only team to beat the Brawlers but should we meet in the playoffs past 'glories' will count for nothing.

Looks like an exciting finish in store to the season too with there being only 7 points between 4th and 7th. Even 8th to 10th can get back into it with a couple of good weeks.

Benimar wrote: »
    My batters did all in their power to throw it away too. At one stage last night they were 1 for 27 (:eek:) and in danger of leaving a 30 point BA advantage slip!

Its great to be the only team to beat the Brawlers but should we meet in the playoffs past 'glories' will count for nothing.

Looks like an exciting finish in store to the season too with there being only 7 points between 4th and 7th. Even 8th to 10th can get back into it with a couple of good weeks.
    Nah, the worst you were gonna do was tie :) Runs was the only category I thought I had a chance in yesterday. 30 pts in BA is alot to overcome in a long week and most of my bats had a quite week.

If we meet in the playoffs you will hold the tiebreaker over me if we tie :)

Important alright

Last seasons champions tied the semi final and the final and won both on the tiebreaker

Anyone looking for power at 2B or saves, am open to trade.

Dan Uggla available. Not great batting average but awesome power, 4 HR in last 10 days and 20 on the season.

Most of my closers (except Kimbrel) are available for anyone who needs saves: Kenley Jansen, Koji Uehara, Sergio Romo, Casey Janssen, Grant Balfour

Would do a 2-for-1, one of my hitters plus one of the above for a good upgrade at that hitting spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone looking for power at 2B or saves, am open to trade.

Dan Uggla available. Not great batting average but awesome power, 4 HR in last 10 days and 20 on the season.

Most of my closers (except Kimbrel) are available for anyone who needs saves: Kenley Jansen, Koji Uehara, Sergio Romo, Casey Janssen, Grant Balfour

Would do a 2-for-1, one of my hitters plus one of the above for a good upgrade at that hitting spot.

That's a crazy bullpen you have!! I'm not in the league but that just seems unfair! Uggla is useless though

And I go 2 for 2...yes, my 1st round pick in each of the last two years has ended up on the DL for a considerable length of time. Tulo last season and now Pujols, and just when he was beginning to wake up too :mad:

Anyone got a player they really hate? I'll pick him first next season for a small fee :p

Only 5 weeks of the regular season to go! :eek:

It's not as close as last year. At the moment there seems to be 7 teams fighting for 6 playoff spots

The 8th placed team another 11 games back.

But 5 weeks is loads of time to make a late run

Big game with playoff implications this week, Greek Gods of Walks (5th) v. UCD Jets (7th)

• Advertisement

Pier 6 Brawlers cut two players today over biogenesis bans

I say we boot the GM out of the league :pac:

Pier 6 Brawlers cut two players today over biogenesis bans

I say we boot the GM out of the league :pac:
    Ha Ha :)

They wont play again this season so they had to go. Not going to be easy to replace their stats though...

Playoffs Baby!

5 of the 6 spots set with NAMA Wamas and UCD Jets going head to head this week for the last spot.

Had to cut Jose Fernandez :(

He has one more start and then he's getting shut down for the season and I'm on a bye next week

I'll miss him in the playoffs!

Sneaked the No 1 seed after spending all season in second place. It makes little difference, still get a bye

Good luck all for the playoffs :)

Sneaked the No 1 seed after spending all season in second place. It makes little difference, still get a bye

Good luck all for the playoffs :)
    Yes, I seen you got past me over the weekend :)

My team hasn't been as good since the PED suspensions and your results stayed consistent so you reeled me in. I could do with George Springer been called up but that dont look likely as his minor league season is done and he hasn't had the call yet :(

In this playoff the no 2 is good for me since I hold the tie-break over both teams in my half of the bracket if it comes down to that. I'll regroup this week and await the winner of that tie.

Let down by my pitching but thankfully swept the batting categories.

Bring it on Mike!

Congrats to Greek Gods of Walks on reaching the semis.

Well deserved, but my batting left me down big time...8 batters hitting .217 or lower isn't going to win many games.

Enjoyable season and I made a big improvement on last season, even if I continued my 'tradition' of not getting full value for my No 1 pick (Tulo last year, Pujols this year)

How did I lose?? :eek:

Went into the Sunday matchups cruising 10-1 up

Lost 7-5, what a last gasp recovery from Greek God of Walks

There's always next year :(

Congrats Rob

• Advertisement

How did I lose?? :eek:

Went into the Sunday matchups cruising 10-1 up

Lost 7-5, what a last gasp recovery from Greek God of Walks

There's always next year :(

Congrats Rob

Checked this morning, was absolutely shocked to see that turnaround. Unlucky Mike

Last day barrage on offense, and 4 saves with 0.00 ERA and 0.50 WHIP saved me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement