Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Fantasy Baseball (non-keeper) league 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

14 teams signed up now and still Monday and Thursday are the most popular days for draft. For now, I prefer Thursday as it gives more time to fill the last 2 positions.

On a side note, Yahoo have added NA position as a roster slot. The "NA" position will allow you to place players there, rather than using a bench slot. This is especially useful for leagues that want to hold onto minor league players.

Any thoughts on whether its a good idea to add one of these? I like it as you can draft prospects and place them there until they are called up. I would only add one 'NA' position for now and see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Coeus wrote: »
    14 teams signed up now and still Monday and Thursday are the most popular days for draft. For now, I prefer Thursday as it gives more time to fill the last 2 positions.

On a side note, Yahoo have added NA position as a roster slot. The "NA" position will allow you to place players there, rather than using a bench slot. This is especially useful for leagues that want to hold onto minor league players.

Any thoughts on whether its a good idea to add one of these? I like it as you can draft prospects and place them there until they are called up. I would only add one 'NA' position for now and see how it plays out.

I'm going to unashamedly fight my own corner here and push for Monday. I am available on monday for the draft (as I have been all of last week) but cannot make thursday as I am out of the country. I have no way around this and flagged it up early.

The keeper drafts are sunday and tuesday so monday fits perfectly with that and, although it would be nice to have 16, the chances of getting 2 extra teams is slim. Also, if we get one extra the format will have to be changed.

Yes, it is self interest as I don't want to autodraft (between American Football and Baseball this would be the 1st time I've missed a draft) but I think we go with the 14 we have - it also means that there may be something on the waiver wire this season, which would make it more interesting.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm going to unashamedly fight my own corner here and push for Monday. I am available on monday for the draft (as I have been all of last week) but cannot make thursday as I am out of the country. I have no way around this and flagged it up early.

The keeper drafts are sunday and tuesday so monday fits perfectly with that and, although it would be nice to have 16, the chances of getting 2 extra teams is slim. Also, if we get one extra the format will have to be changed.

Yes, it is self interest as I don't want to autodraft (between American Football and Baseball this would be the 1st time I've missed a draft) but I think we go with the 14 we have - it also means that there may be something on the waiver wire this season, which would make it more interesting.
    I thought you might reply :)

I'm cool with Monday aswell and you do give a valid reason for a Monday draft. I like 16 teams as it made it tougher but 14 is cool aswell.

I will have to set the time and date now so that people have ample notice. I already got the notice email for tommorrows evening keepers draft. I will set the draft time to 9PM.

Coeus wrote: »
    I thought you might reply :)

I'm cool with Monday aswell and you do give a valid reason for a Monday draft. I like 16 teams as it made it tougher but 14 is cool aswell.

I will have to set the time and date now so that people have ample notice. I already got the notice email for tommorrows evening keepers draft. I will set the draft time to 9PM.

You know me so well :-)

Figured I may as well try my 'luck' but if Monday doesn't work, I'll just autodraft (and blame you when I end up with half the Astros team :D)

Draft is set this Monday 25/3 @ 9PM (Irish time).

Max teams to set 14 so we can keep the head-to-head format.

1 NA roster slot has been added so take that into account when drafting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Coeus, I see you have locked it at 14.

If you guys do find a 15th player, I'll help out and be number 16.

Thanks! Its set to 14 but I havn't finalized the teams for the league yet so another 2 teams can be added. I'll need to finalize though by about 7.30 tommorrow though. If anyone else is interested they should post here before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Enjoyed the draft last night, very happy with my batting lineup.
    Just waiting for Daniel Bard to get assigned to AAA to fill my lineup now.

Presume from the 2 day waivers that there never be an actual free agency (i.e. pickups without dropping down waiver order), so will be very interesting this year. Bit more in the FA pool as well with 2 less teams.

Enjoyed the draft last night, very happy with my batting lineup.
    Just waiting for Daniel Bard to get assigned to AAA to fill my lineup now.

Presume from the 2 day waivers that there never be an actual free agency (i.e. pickups without dropping down waiver order), so will be very interesting this year. Bit more in the FA pool as well with 2 less teams.
    The league is set to standard waiver mode so the waiver period for all players is for 2 days after the draft. After that every player should be a FA unless they have been dropped by another team or newly added to the game.

Yes, it was a good draft. Happy enough with my team. Looking forward to a competitive league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm happy with my team. :)

There are still a few players I like who weren't picked up yet if I decide to make a few changes.

Last year it was awful to find anyone, especially a decent SP! Slim pickings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Looks like I missed out on the league this year as I was working away. Dammit.

summerskin wrote: »

Ah, that's a shame :(

The 16 man league last year was great!

summerskin wrote: »
    Sorry about that, I thought that every one who had received the invite had signed up as we had been at 13 teams for a few weeks and only got a 14th team just before the weekend.

Picked up Jose Fernandez, SP for the Marlins.

I know nothing about him only he's the No. 7 prospect on many sites and his ownership shot up today, nearly 10,000 pickups

We'll see :)

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Picked up Jose Fernandez, SP for the Marlins.

I know nothing about him only he's the No. 7 prospect on many sites and his ownership shot up today, nearly 10,000 pickups

We'll see :)
    The guy had low ERA (sub 2.00) and more than a K an inning in High A ball last year. This looks like a big jump for him but he has the talent. Only thing is he plays for the Marlins so wins may be hard to come. Definately worth a flyer if you are only dropping a bench player for him.

Plays the Mets on Friday, there's a W :pac:

Plays the Mets on Friday, there's a W :pac:
    Yea, I picked him up in the keeper league as I had a free roster spot. Not sure about a win this week but I'm hoping for lots of Ks and good ratios...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Don't forget to set your lineups.......one game one the schedule tonight!

Most of my closers available for trade.
    Would take an upgrade at any hitting position.

Something along lines of
    My hitter + Closer -for- Improved hitter + random pitcher

Available:
    Mariano Rivera
    Mitchell Boggs
    Grant Balfour
    Casey Jansen
    Sergio Romo
    Kenley Jansen

Greek Gods of Walks

In case you're wondering yesterdays pitchers stats never got updated.

Yahoo are working on it, should be fixed later
    We are aware that pitcher stats for games played on 4/16 are not displaying.

Status: Our engineers are working to resolve this issue quickly. We anticipate that this issue should be resolved soon, and 4/16 stats will once again begin displaying in your league(s).

• Advertisement

In case you're wondering yesterdays pitchers stats never got updated.

Yahoo are working on it, should be fixed later
    Even though I got a win yesterday, my ratios are rubbish due to Herrera's blowup so I dont mind is the stats for yesterday are lost :)

I needed a spot starter so, on ESPNs recommendation I picked up Bud Norris. 0.2 of an inning and 6 runs later my ERA for the week stands at 31.15 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Benimar wrote: »
    I needed a spot starter so, on ESPNs recommendation I picked up Bud Norris. 0.2 of an inning and 6 runs later my ERA for the week stands at 31.15 :eek:

Rule #1 of fantasy baseball.....don't have any astros on your team. :D

Chasing a few categories and needed a streamer so picked up Ubolda Jiminez
    vs the Astros.

I expect 5 innings of perfect ace quality pitching and them get blown up for several runs in the 6th :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Rule #1 of fantasy baseball.....don't have any astros on your team. :D
    Chasing a few categories and needed a streamer so picked up Ubolda Jiminez
    vs the Astros.

I expect 5 innings of perfect ace quality pitching and them get blown up for several runs in the 6th :eek:

Rule #2 of fantasy baseball....stay away from Ubaldo J :-)

First trade of the season consummated, Mariano Rivera for Giancarlo Stanton.

Bit risky but hopefully works out better than my keeper league trades, though won't know for a few weeks

First trade of the season consummated, Mariano Rivera for Giancarlo Stanton.

Bit risky but hopefully works out better than my keeper league trades, though won't know for a few weeks
    If Stanton gets fit and traded, then I like the Stanton side of this deal. Mariano will be the money this season, as closers go I'd only take Kimbrel over him. If this was a keeper league then thats a different story ;)

Greek Gods of Walks trades Mariano Rivera away and then swoops in pick up the Red Sox closer & setup man, Tazawa & Uehara

Canny bit of business :cool:

That brief moment of terror when you cut Jose Fernandez and you suddenly think by mistake that you cut Felix Hernandez :eek:

Luckily for me it didn't happen but I was certain I did for a minute this morning! :o

• Advertisement

That brief moment of terror when you cut Jose Fernandez and you suddenly think by mistake that you cut Felix Hernandez :eek:

Luckily for me it didn't happen but I was certain I did for a minute this morning! :o
    King Felix is on the can't cut list for the league so you shouldn't be able to drop even by mistake. Just click Players > Can't Cut List and you will be able to see which players you currently cant drop. This list does get updated periodically during the season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement