Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons to be positive in Waterford?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭invara

Great to see Blaas being sold across Aldi from tomorrow

https://twitter.com/walshsbakehouse/status/1257957040577748997

That is just taunting the rest the country... harsh to taste heaven, and then never to get to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lidl will need to react swifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Will they be fresh though? Are they the packaged ones? I always find the blaa's in the packs arent as nice as the loose ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

alta stare wrote: »
    Will they be fresh though? Are they the packaged ones? I always find the blaa's in the packs arent as nice as the loose ones.

Yeah you're right. Those 6 pack ones aren't great, they stay soft for about a week. The loose ones are like rocks the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Not to sure i never got walshs ones in the package ,can't get the loose ones anymore now either due to covid19

• Advertisement

Not to sure i never got walshs ones in the package ,can't get the loose ones anymore now either due to covid19

No looses ones at all? Really? Jesus this covid19 thing is ruining everything. I didnt know they arent selling them loose.

Well think about it - a product that turns to rock in a day is not much use for a massive chain, buy proper blaas in your local shop that gets daily deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Any real Waterford blaa aficionados on here at all? Go into Hickey's in Barrack Street and you always get offered hard or soft blaas. I like the hard top myself. Hickey's also offer a large sliced pan in flat top for toast or round top for traditional sandwiches. That's class.

No looses ones at all? Really? Jesus this covid19 thing is ruining everything. I didnt know they arent selling them loose.

Any centra or spar ive been in that usually sells them loose are now selling them in packs of 4 from hickeys

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

azimuth17 wrote: »
    Any real Waterford blaa aficionados on here at all? Go into Hickey's in Barrack Street and you always get offered hard or soft blaas. I like the hard top myself. Hickey's also offer a large sliced pan in flat top for toast or round top for traditional sandwiches. That's class.

Love their blaas, but it puts me off a bit when she licks her finger to open the plastic bag, probably not doing it now as I assume they're all pre-bagged!

In fairness I see that in a lot of places not only up there, it's disgusting to be honest

• Advertisement

Any centra or spar ive been in that usually sells them loose are now selling them in packs of 4 from hickeys

Ah no that won't do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

azimuth17 wrote: »

It must be great to have all your own teeth!

Great to see Waterford Distillery bottling their whisky,this will be huge in the long term for Waterford!

https://twitter.com/WaterfordWhisky/status/1266434509173657600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

That's fantastic. Whiskey exports from Ireland are worth over 1 billion euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,157 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I know it has a trouble past but Waterford Crystal as a worldwide brand is deff a positive from Waterford

Fairly odd when you hear it even mentioned on American TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Is this related to the large offshore wind farm proposal off our coastline mentioned last Autumn?

There is big plans afoot for the port. Iv heard much about it through work. It is busy over there and it badly needs an upgrade so any investment is welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

New nursing home creating 70 jobs in the former Athennaeum Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

New nursing home creating 70 jobs in the former Athennaeum Hotel.

Great,a covid hotspot for the second wave😏

• Advertisement

aziz wrote: »
    Great,a covid hotspot for the second waveðŸ˜

Funnily enough when the whole country was being stood down at the end of March/start of April that place stayed open. It was apparently full of various types of contractors all working in close proximity to each other. I heard of this through a friend who was working on that site. They themselves used to travel from Wexford everyday for work there. Maybe it got shut down at some stage im not so sure i must ask him. If he didnt i dont know how it was allowed to stay open.

Maybe not that positive but just noticed Pallas Foods are doing a click and collect in Waterford now!

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Maybe not that positive but just noticed Pallas Foods are doing a click and collect in Waterford now!

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/

Where is their place?

JPA wrote: »
    Where is their place?

Waterford
    The Waterford Click & Collect facility is located at Mount Sion, Ozanam St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Their map shows it at the GAA club. Do they park a truck there or something?

JohnC. wrote: »
    Their map shows it at the GAA club. Do they park a truck there or something?

Not too sure i havent got it yet but i imagine they do,they'll give you a time and date and you just meet them in the car park id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

IWEA CEO Dr.David Connolly was interviewed on Morning Ireland on May 28th re the above report. He named several ports that might be suitable, Belview wasn’t
    mentioned.

Dunno then! I presume the CEO of Port of Waterford didn't make anything when he spoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭azimuth17

For what its worth, some of the largest shipments of wind turbines have been imported through Port of Waterford in recent years. Hardly any surprise to anyone here that someone didn't mention Waterford?

Advertisement