Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2600mAh-GT-I9500-GT-I9505-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B00CBTTA4A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396193178&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s4+battery

Have many people used one of these batteries before? Need a new battery and from what I've heard it's just as good as Samsung's and doesn't have the same swelling problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Got an update the other day to 4.3 and since the update my battery is only lasting a few hours, And that is without making calls or heavy use any ideas what I can do to solve tge issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2600mAh-GT-I9500-GT-I9505-18-Month-Warranty/dp/B00CBTTA4A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396193178&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s4+battery

Have many people used one of these batteries before? Need a new battery and from what I've heard it's just as good as Samsung's and doesn't have the same swelling problems.

I use the anker portable battery pack to charge my pad and no issues ..

Look for the http://tinyurl.com/ptephlp battery. Use it on my S4 and get two days average or four days with just calls.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Got an update the other day to 4.3 and since the update my battery is only lasting a few hours

odd, i updated to 4.4 (kitkat) and my battery life seems to have gotten much better. try upgrading to kit kat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

truedoom wrote: »
    odd, i updated to 4.4 (kitkat) and my battery life seems to have gotten much better. try upgrading to kit kat?

If locked to a network like myself its a waiting game for updates

• Advertisement

If locked to a network like myself its a waiting game for updates

Yeah I'm locked into Three so gods know when I might get an update as for Samsung costumer care called them today an absolute nightmare to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Earlier on I had my phone charging. Noticed the green LED was blinking. It wasn't blinking as usual though it was blinking a lot quicker than when there would be a message. Went to unplug It to see what it was but then the screen wouldn't turn on. Ended up having to take the battery out and put it back in to turn it back on. Since its been on, there has been no problems and the green LED has not been flashing. Any ideas what might have caused this?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Hi All,

Just got the S4 upgrade yesterday with Vodafone.

One quick question it keeps saying the phone is not registered? does anyone have any idea how I would do this?. Tried Vodafone website but no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Is it saying not registered or not registered on the network? I get not registered on the network all the time and I have to go into setting and tick my APN setting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I had my samsung s4 robbed over the weekend and need a replacement phone. Is the S4 still worth the extra price compared to the Moto G. I used the camera a good bit on the S4 and loved it. I also watched a lot of shows and films on it. But I didnt really play apps on it.

Is it still worth paying the premium for the S4 considering how amazing the Moto G is supposed to be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

hfallada wrote: »
    I had my samsung s4 robbed over the weekend and need a replacement phone. Is the S4 still worth the extra price compared to the Moto G. I used the camera a good bit on the S4 and loved it. I also watched a lot of shows and films on it. But I didnt really play apps on it.

Is it still worth paying the premium for the S4 considering how amazing the Moto G is supposed to be?

I have an S4,missus has a Moto G. If the camera is an important part of your choice the Moto G is crap, otherwise I would get one and save yourself some money. Oh, and sorry you had your phone pinched

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Sorry if this has been answered before but heaven forbid I lose my precious s4 is there any other phone that can connect to the tv via mhl to hdmi and play output like the s4 or the s2 for that matter which I had before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

If some wiped clean an unlocked from samsung and reset it. Whats the chances of O2 software being installed on it? Im asking this as my phone was stolen and there is a shady selling on donedeal with one(he is also selling a samsung s3 and has sold 2 black listed iPhones in his history). Whats the chances o2 software was installed on the phone during a reset? He claims its still unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

numorouno wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered before but heaven forbid I lose my precious s4 is there any other phone that can connect to the tv via mhl to hdmi and play output like the s4 or the s2 for that matter which I had before

Here you go http://www.mhlconsortium.org/productlist/mobile-devices/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I need to replace my charging port as it won't charge unless I wriggle cable around to find a sweet spot.
    Looking on eBay I see there is different ones.
    There's rev 19 and rev 25 for the 19505 model.
    Any ideas which one I need for my S4 19505.
    Heres one
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/370907594117?nav=SEARCH

Edit - got one from syncron. ie and it works perfect.

There is two types, mine was a Rev 19 so u need to get the right one for anyone else that ever needs to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is posting here with a Samsung Galaxy S4 for sale allowed?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

MrVestek wrote: »
    Is posting here with a Samsung Galaxy S4 for sale allowed?

Thanks.

No, adverts.ie is the way to go mate

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Anyone having issues since the KitKat roll out?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Sully wrote: »

yep, phone crashes a lot, sometimes unable to unlock which results in having to reboot....

I was talking to Samsung customer care yesterday regarding the 4.3 update I installed a few weeks ago, About how my phone lasts about 5/6 hours and that's with making 1/2calls along with checking e-mail.
    They told me that a fix has been released to sort out the issues that I have at present, Will this fix be kit kat ? and any idea how long before 3 will release it.

• Advertisement

I was talking to Samsung customer care yesterday regarding the 4.3 update I installed a few weeks ago, About how my phone lasts about 5/6 hours and that's with making 1/2calls along with checking e-mail.
    They told me that a fix has been released to sort out the issues that I have at present, Will this fix be kit kat ? and any idea how long before 3 will release it.

i got an update to kitkat on 3 last night..... im having a few problems with it though! iv just powered the phone off taken out the battery left it for a few min and booted it up again and all seems good for now.........

Don't think I'll bother updating for now then, on three. I would lose root if I did anyway, so doesn't seem worth the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Sully wrote: »

Yup, problems unlocking he screen and had to send the same message three times this morning.
    rogieop wrote: »
    yep, phone crashes a lot, sometimes unable to unlock which results in having to reboot....

Mine usually comes back to life after bashing the home button like mad.

It's very slow now though.

I also don't like the white battery notification.

Thanks for the info will try and see if there is an update available for myself later, Now I know this sounds like some mad conspiracy theory but last year just around the time of the launch of the S4 ,I got an update for my S3 which more or less brickef the phone as it kept freezing all the time.
    Then with the launch of the S5 the update to my S4 makes the battery drain at 10% an hour while on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Well it looks like my S4 has decided not to read any SIM cards installed onto it. Have to bring it back into a VF store. Did Factory reset and all that jazz but it just wont register the network

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

rogieop wrote: »
    hardCopy wrote: »
    Yup, problems unlocking he screen and had to send the same message three times this morning.

Mine usually comes back to life after bashing the home button like mad.

It's very slow now though.

I also don't like the white battery notification.
    Well it looks like my S4 has decided not to read any SIM cards installed onto it. Have to bring it back into a VF store. Did Factory reset and all that jazz but it just wont register the network

It seems to have settled down over the past day or so but I updated it Saturday afternoon I think it was, and it was an absolute disaster. A lot of my apps were uninstalled, the home screen set-up I had was pretty much gone as the apps were removed or the shortcuts were removed. Then the phone would often refuse to unlock when I tried entering my PIN, it frequently couldn't connect to the o2 Network, it would often completely lock up and have to be re-booted, it became unresponsive after a call I got on Tuesday in particular and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to register that I hung up.

Seems okay though at the moment, bloody nightmare after the upgrade. I thought these updates were well tested by the developers and the networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What version Android (4.?) did you all get with the S4?

Thinking of getting it and not upgrading to the latest Android to avoid these issues. But then again I might not be able to get certain apps having an old version of Android :( Im confused

What version Android (4.?) did you all get with the S4?

Thinking of getting it and not upgrading to the latest Android to avoid these issues. But then again I might not be able to get certain apps having an old version of Android :( Im confused

I think, though might be misremembering that mine was on 4.2 when I got it, it's now on 4.3, I am avoiding updating to 4.4 because of all the reasons listed in various posts and also I don't want to lose root access. With regards to apps, I have all the same ones on my s4 as on my nexus 7 which is running latest kitkat. There probably are a few apps that are kitkat only, but none that I'm aware of. Have stock ICS on my old s2 and that still runs all the apps I have on other phones with not much bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'm on Vodafone with my S4 but haven't received update OTA.
    Some of my friends on VF have received the update.
    Do I need to use Kies to update or will I eventually receive the update OTA?

• Advertisement

For what its worth, after the first day or so i havent had any problems whatsoever with the update...

Advertisement