Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

redman wrote: »
    Hi

Any one aware of any way of turning notifications off on mass, rather than app by app?

Cheers
    Redman

Airplane mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

redman wrote: »
    Hi

Any one aware of any way of turning notifications off on mass, rather than app by app?

Cheers
    Redman

Beyond silencing the phone and turning off its internet access/syncing (don't need airplane mode for that, BTW...), why do you need to turn off all notifications for apps you have installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Any update on Kit Kat roll out for locked phones on carriers?>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

hi all im looking for some help, it started this morning, my alarm went off as usual on my s4 and i turned it off, got dressed and put my phone in my pocket. i went out to the van and tried to set up the sat nav on the s4 to bring me to my 1st job. the phone was unresponsive apart from the white led flashing away in the corner. so i took the battery out and left it for a few moments and put it back in. now i cant get it to turn back on at all, tried boot in safe mode(power+home key+vol up) but no responce. iv been trying it all day while im out working and im having no luck at all

has any 1 come across this b4 and got it sorted???????

appriciate any help

steve

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clapton

Hi guys,

I lost my restore ROM...

I have a sim-free i9505 S4.

Can someone dial *#1234# and post the details plz?
    I can't find the info online!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

clapton wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I lost my restore ROM...

I have a sim-free i9505 S4.

Can someone dial *#1234# and post the details plz?
    I can't find the info online!

Thanks.
    What is the "restore ROM" that you lost??
    You need firmware number info for that phone to get correct ROM?

PrzemoF wrote: »
    What is the "restore ROM" that you lost??
    You need firmware number info for that phone to get correct ROM?

I lost the SD card that I had saved my original ROM on. I cannot 'restore' to that now.

Yup, I need the data from *#1234# so that I can find the correct ROM.

I lost the SD card that I had saved my original ROM on. I cannot 'restore' to that now.

Yup, I need the data from *#1234# so that I can find the correct ROM.

OK, that code shows message "invalid code" on my S4, but I have cyanogenmod11 (kitkat based), so probably it wouldn't be good for you anyway.

OK, that code shows message "invalid code" on my S4, but I have cyanogenmod11 (kitkat based), so probably it wouldn't be good for you anyway.

Thanks for trying anyway!

Do you have a link to the ROM you are using?

I don't have a direct link, but If you can get it from here: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/

Search for jfltexx (S4 i9505 international)

I'm using 11-20140217-NIGHTLY-jfltexx

I'm not sure if installing cm11 as a recovery ROM is a good idea.

If you want to use cm it's probably better to get the original rom and then use cm installer - manual on http://get.cm

• Advertisement

I don't have a direct link, but If you can get it from here: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/

Search for jfltexx (S4 i9505 international)

I'm using 11-20140217-NIGHTLY-jfltexx

I'm not sure if installing cm11 as a recovery ROM is a good idea.

If you want to use cm it's probably better to get the original rom and then use cm installer - manual on http://get.cm

Thanks again!

My knowledge of CM is zero so it will take me a while to read up on it. I use TWRP recovery.

I have flashed so many ROMS and modems trying to get my signal back... frustrating.........!

Can you tell me what baseband modem you are using? The info should be under settings and phone.

Cheers.

I think that flashing ROM might not solve your problem - I had something similar with S2.
    Anyway, it's I9505XXUDMGG
    297459.png

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd recommend omeaga rom if you are looking for something close to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

If you do *#06# do you see your IMEI number? If not then your IMEI file may have been lost.

Very very difficult to restore this without having to send it back to Samsung I'm afraid.

Happened to a friend of mine, he owned up to flashing it incorrectly and they were nice enough to fix it for him. You may not be so lucky though. Sounds like that could be your issue anyway.

Thanks again!

My knowledge of CM is zero so it will take me a while to read up on it. I use TWRP recovery.

I have flashed so many ROMS and modems trying to get my signal back... frustrating.........!

Can you tell me what baseband modem you are using? The info should be under settings and phone.

Cheers.
    Try GetRIL from app store

I think that flashing ROM might not solve your problem - I had something similar with S2.
    Anyway, it's I9505XXUDMGG
    297459.png

Thanks. I flashed that modem, but no signal.
    MarkR wrote: »
    I'd recommend omeaga rom if you are looking for something close to stock.

I'll try that Rom but the prob seems to be witrh the modem. Thanks.
    MrVestek wrote: »
    If you do *#06# do you see your IMEI number? If not then your IMEI file may have been lost.

Very very difficult to restore this without having to send it back to Samsung I'm afraid.

Happened to a friend of mine, he owned up to flashing it incorrectly and they were nice enough to fix it for him. You may not be so lucky though. Sounds like that could be your issue anyway.

Yes. The IMEI is intact. I think my warranty is void at this stage.
    Try GetRIL from app store

GetRIL is incompatible with S4 according to the app.

I'll try something with CM and see what happens.

Thanks all for your advice!

I'll keep trying, any suggestions welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

My sister has a samsung gaxaly tablet, bought last summer.

I was using it recently for playing a game.

The battery went dead. I didn't plug it in but my sister did last night for charging.

All hell broke out today because it didn't charge and she's blaming me for breaking it or fcuking it up on her. As if I would do it on purpose.

Did any one else have problems with charging with a samsung galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

My sister has a samsung gaxaly tablet, bought last summer.

I was using it recently for playing a game.

The battery went dead. I didn't plug it in but my sister did last night for charging.

All hell broke out today because it didn't charge and she's blaming me for breaking it or fcuking it up on her. As if I would do it on purpose.

Did any one else have problems with charging with a samsung galaxy?
    I had the same problem just leave on charge for a good while should do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

georgieM wrote: »
    I had the same problem just leave on charge for a good while should do it

Thank you for your reply. Will mention it to her and show her this thread to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Think my S4 just updated to Kit Kat 4.4 on its own accord

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

Yea mines downloading as we speak. Seems to be available for all unlocked models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

ye i got it too my phone is unlocked and un-branded

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Since update my phone has gone very unstable especially when listening to music with the wallpaper on the lock screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

Its currently 319£ on amazon. Would it be expected to come down much more?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

When I try to update my S4 it tells me the device is modified and cannot be updated. Its a Vodafone branded phone unlocked to three..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daisygirl

Hi,

Not sure if this is a common problem, I have a Samsung S4 only 2 months old, lately it's been automatically opening my text messages. Randomly, it'll open some messages from different people and I won't receive any notifications. I've missed loads of messages as I didn't know I received them. I did think someone was reading my messages but now I know the phone has been taken over by a nosy biddy! I do get notifications for messages so I do know that it is working.

Has this happened to anyone else, and do you know of a fix?

Cheers
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Having my phone almost 9 months now with heavy use I think it's time to get a battery extender. Somebody in this thread got one almost a year back. Does any have any recommendations and for those that got them, how did you find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Daisygirl wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is a common problem, I have a Samsung S4 only 2 months old, lately it's been automatically opening my text messages. Randomly, it'll open some messages from different people and I won't receive any notifications. I've missed loads of messages as I didn't know I received them. I did think someone was reading my messages but now I know the phone has been taken over by a nosy biddy! I do get notifications for messages so I do know that it is working.

Has this happened to anyone else, and do you know of a fix?

Cheers
    D

I experienced the same issues as you. I did a factory reset and no luck. I ended up having to switch my main sms app to hangouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rabwaygal

I just got the OTA update for kitkat 4.4.2. Have a sim free S4. It's running nice and smoothly battery life seems to be ok (maybe that's because I lost most of my apps after the update). Was around 300mb download.

Not overawed by it but as long as battery life improves I don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Simi

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Not overawed by it but as long as battery life improves I don't really care.
    If battery life is your chief concern, try snapdragon batteryguru from the play store. It's not revolutionary, but it can reduce battery drain when your phone is supposed be idle.

Advertisement