Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Juicy432 wrote: »
    The drag and drop does work, make sure you drag it up to the top of the screen where the bin is located...

On some versions it doesn't work. I've installed the Google KitKat ROM and the Google search bar is a permanent fixture. If you're in a scenario like that the only want to get rid of it is to install a different launcher (like Nova Launcher) from the Play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

How can I stop this notification from continually popping up.
    It's on an S4 mini

293303.png

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

coman wrote: »
    It's on an S4 mini

293303.png

Don't, it will cost you money. "R" over the network indicates your outside the default carrier. Data is a super premium on roaming unless you have a like for like data option.
    If you do : Connections, more networks, enable data roaming should be the solution
    Also if it's a os update they can be up to a gig...

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

cocoman wrote: »
    It's on an S4 mini

Assumign S4 mini is same as S4 interface wise.

Go to settings -> more -> About Device-> Software Update -> Uncheck Auto Update. -> Also Check Wifi only so that way you won't get charged premium for mobile data for downloading a hefty software update.

akaSol wrote: »
    Don't, it will cost you money. "R" over the network indicates your outside the default carrier. Data is a super premium on roaming unless you have a like for like data option.
    If you do : Connections, more networks, enable data roaming should be the solution
    Also if it's a os update they can be up to a gig...

>Sol

Cheers Sol.
    That "R" is always there. I think it's because I'm on Tesco mobile and they use the O2 network?
    Will this notification keep appearing until I update?
    I'm on 4.2.2 so it's probably an update to 4.3
    I'm a bit weary of updating to 4.3. Will this cause any problems?

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    Assumign S4 mini is same as S4 interface wise.

Go to settings -> more -> About Device-> Software Update -> Uncheck Auto Update. -> Also Check Wifi only so that way you won't get charged premium for mobile data for downloading a hefty software update.

Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. I have 15Gb allowance so not too worried about using up data.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Hi, for the past few days I am getting an error message "Unfortunately, Maps has stopped". Would anyone have any idea of whats causing this or how I can get rid. I click ok, but its back a short time later

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

Anyone know the number needed to access the LTE option in the service mode menu? Fed up waiting to three to release the update for 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

AGoodison wrote: »
    Anyone know the number needed to access the LTE option in the service mode menu? Fed up waiting to three to release the update for 4G.

I'd also like to know this!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Have they not already released it ?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Kitkat rolling out for S4 now.
    It's rolling out in stages so should be within next two weeks.
    http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/20/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-4-2-kitkat-update-to-the-galaxy-s4-gt-i9500/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Jernal wrote: »
    Have they not already released it ?:confused:

I thought they had, I certainly have the LTE option on my phone (on Three) for a couple of weeks, not that there is any chance of actually being anywhere near a signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Anyone using the GPE custom roms?
    Was having a look on XDA and there appear to be a few different ones, was wondering which are the most bug-free?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Cossax wrote: »
    Anyone using the GPE custom roms?
    Was having a look on XDA and there appear to be a few different ones, was wondering which are the most bug-free?

Try the plane one first. Just a precaution, I have seen some issues with apps reading and accessing the external SD card.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Anyone got any problems with Wifi? I could be in the same room as the bloody router (UPC) and still get only 1 bar, yet if I do a speedtest, I get a high speed :confused:

Anyone using go launcher? I'm having an issue with it not keeping it as default and every few times i hit the home button it asks which launcher i want. Is there any better or similar launchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Using k9mail on my S4. When I had it on my S3 I was able to dial a mobile number direct from the body of an email that I received. But cannot do this on the S4. Any ideas? Thanks

Kitkat rolling out for S4 now.
    It's rolling out in stages so should be within next two weeks.
    http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/20/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-4-2-kitkat-update-to-the-galaxy-s4-gt-i9500/

Is that not the American version of the s4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is that not the American version of the s4?

No it's the non LTE version.

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    No it's the non LTE version.

Which isn't the European version? I think ours is 19505.i asked Samsung when 4.4 was to be released on unbranded s4's and they said mid-end of March. Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Which isn't the European version? I think ours is 19505.i asked Samsung when 4.4 was to be released on unbranded s4's and they said mid-end of March. Here's hoping

No it's not the 'European' version it's just the LTE version which happened to be rolled out widely across Europe.

It has been released in other territories too, American networks just seemed to favour the i9500 over the i9505 in the States for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Hey has anybody had trouble with the s4 saying no sim card it's the second day of this at the moment it's got a connection but it could go at any time never seen or heard of this since yesterday all the software is upto date anybody come across this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Does anybody reckon the price will drop for the s4 soon? Where is the best place / website to buy one sim free?

Did something stupid in backing up my phone using JS Backup and not taking down the username or password.

Now I want to try and install a rom but the option to install from sd card isnt an option in my recovery mode. Anyone have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Does anybody reckon the price will drop for the s4 soon? Where is the best place / website to buy one sim free?

The S2 and S3 back in their day almost didn't drop in price when new variants came out.

GiftofGab wrote: »

It'll drop in price on Amazon. Phone stores over here probably won't drop it by much if at all

Mc Love wrote: »
    Did something stupid in backing up my phone using JS Backup and not taking down the username or password.

Now I want to try and install a rom but the option to install from sd card isnt an option in my recovery mode. Anyone have an idea?

Bricked my phone and it has risen from the ashes! Phew!

Is there anyone else having problems with the default launcher not being kept? Its really annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Hi

Any one aware of any way of turning notifications off on mass, rather than app by app?

Cheers
    Redman

Advertisement