Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

madmoe wrote: »
    Unreal mate! Stock ROM I take it?

How is the screen looking on your S4 guys with auto brightness on? For me some of the reds look a little washed out but they seem to look fine when brightness is turned up!? Is anyone else noticing this?

All the best,
    M

I'm really impressed with the battery life, some days i'm going to bed with 50% left, i managed to get it to 4% one night, but i was going mad on it , Phone got nice and toasty :P.

When it comes to brightness i've always used the highest setting, the s4 at 75% is still quite good but i think there is a general problem with android and auto brightness ,its just too dim, so i never use it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Unreal mate! Stock ROM I take it?

How is the screen looking on your S4 guys with auto brightness on? For me some of the reds look a little washed out but they seem to look fine when brightness is turned up!? Is anyone else noticing this?

All the best,
    M

That's with the extended battery. I'd never imagine getting this battery life with a normal battery.

Every screen looks bad when you have the brightness turned down. High brightness generally makes the colors more vibrant and clear. I'd try to avoid auto brightness and just use the slider in the notification tray.

For those who get the same battery life with a stock battery, well your using your s4 more as a phone than a smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AMOLED looks particularly bad though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Cheers for the feedback guys.....I guess it's not my particular screen after all. I did change the screen mode to Dynamic and that has helped! What are you using?

Thanks,
    M

Cheers for the feedback guys.....I guess it's not my particular screen after all. I did change the screen mode to Dynamic and that has helped! What are you using?

Thanks,
    M

Always use Dynamic or Normal. The other two make it look a bit boring. I like the AMOLED screens for their unrealistic color reproduction :) I like red colour to be RED and blacks to be BLACK :)

• Advertisement

Always use Dynamic or Normal. The other two make it look a bit boring. I like the AMOLED screens for their unrealistic color reproduction :) I like red colour to be RED and blacks to be BLACK :)

I have to say I definitely feel the reds on the S4 are for me very washed out......I am more happier now that I have turned on Dynamic in the screen mode settings.

On the Autobrightness slider I see a new addition is the number +2 just to the right when I move it to a certain place, what does this mean do you guys know?? Also, how does one know they have it set at 75%?

Cheers,
    M

I have to say I definitely feel the reds on the S4 are for me very washed out......I am more happier now that I have turned on Dynamic in the screen mode settings.

On the Autobrightness slider I see a new addition is the number +2 just to the right when I move it to a certain place, what does this mean do you guys know?? Also, how does one know they have it set at 75%?

Cheers,
    M

Turn off auto brightness and you can adjust it from 0 to 100% manually. When you have it on auto that slider only controls fine adjustments, +2 is just that you want it a little more brighter than the phone would usually set it at, -2 is the opposite, +- X are just minor adjustments rather than configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is it possible to have the volume keys work almost as a master volume where the ringtone and notifications volume will all change together rather than having to go into the setting's to change them individually?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I've had no issue with auto brightness.
    (Yet!)

markc1184 wrote: »
    Is it possible to have the volume keys work almost as a master volume where the ringtone and notifications volume will all change together rather than having to go into the setting's to change them individually?

Not that I know. You could search the marketplace for any master volume control apps though! ;)

The only thing that controls volume in general is the general,vibrate and silent toggle in the notification toggle. If its on mute there will be noise at all.

Just got my Barely there case mate cover. Raged considering im going the external battery route. Forgot I had that ordered.

• Advertisement

Not that I know. You could search the marketplace for any master volume control apps though! ;)

The only thing that controls volume in general is the general,vibrate and silent toggle in the notification toggle. If its on mute there will be noise at all.

Just got my Barely there case mate cover. Raged considering im going the external battery route. Forgot I had that ordered.

Maybe you will sell the Barley there case mate cover!? If so feel free to shoot me a PM ;-)

Maybe you will sell the Barley there case mate cover!? If so feel free to shoot me a PM ;-)

Idk :) Its really pretty :D

20130524145115.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Idk :) Its really pretty :D

20130524145115.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Excellent, even better that I have a white S4 :-).....are you on Adverts.ie mate?

Excellent, even better that I have a white S4 :-).....are you on Adverts.ie mate?

Yeah. You do know they cost around 15 pound :) + the shipping was 6 :( Bit of a loss to sell it :)

Beautiful solid case though, has ridges inside that could possibly accommodate an NFC ID card too. Handy

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Yeah. You do know they cost around 15 pound :) + the shipping was 6 :( Bit of a loss to sell it :)

Beautiful solid case though, has ridges inside that could possibly accommodate an NFC ID card too. Handy

I am going to sell my case mate tough if anyone is interested. Got that & the Spigen Neo Hybrid on Friday. Prefer the Spigen even though it has less protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid yesterday and it is quite nice,the screen protector I got though is awful it picks up every fingerprint so I've ordered the GLAS.tR Slim instead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I got the spigen cover for the S4 and I have to say the quality and fit of the case in absolutely amazing.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I got the spigen cover for the S4 and I have to say the quality and fit of the case in absolutely amazing.

Yeah they look great, even though it makes your S4 look more like an iPhone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Quazzie wrote: »
    I got mine too. I got the metal slate.
    I might sell it as I prefer mine naked.
    Anyone want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

iggy wrote: »
    I got mine too. I got the metal slate.
    I might sell it as I prefer mine naked.
    Anyone want it?
    Any pictures?

• Advertisement

Great mate, can you please PM me with a number if you are really wanting to sell it?

All the best,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Any pictures?

Have it up on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Got WatchOn working, for the most part - works with my TV and sound system but not with the Skybox. Anyone got it working with the Pace Skybox? It's the standard definition white box a la the below:
    1143d1231363872-sky-dv3-box-instruction-manual-32970737__1231324038__1__1-e5a0f6a61464f7694b97dd8aa9fe130c___big__.jpg

iggy wrote: »
    Have it up on adverts

Link??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Link??

Adverts and Boards are linked, to see someone's Adverts profile click into their profile and then check Adverts Profile

Anyway, this seems to be the case http://www.adverts.ie/accessories/spigen-neo-hybrid-case-for-sg4-metal-slate/3150059

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭darg

Cossax wrote: »
    Got WatchOn working, for the most part - works with my TV and sound system but not with the Skybox. Anyone got it working with the Pace Skybox? It's the standard definition white box a la the below:
    1143d1231363872-sky-dv3-box-instruction-manual-32970737__1231324038__1__1-e5a0f6a61464f7694b97dd8aa9fe130c___big__.jpg

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Does anyone know anything about this? I typed in *#7465625# to see if my phone was unlocked and it says "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

leemaree wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about this? I typed in *#7465625# to see if my phone was unlocked and it says "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

I got the same thing when I tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭pah

leemaree wrote: »

Those codes have never worked for me on any of my Galaxy phones, note, note2, S4.

• Advertisement

I am going to sell my case mate tough if anyone is interested. Got that & the Spigen Neo Hybrid on Friday. Prefer the Spigen even though it has less protection.

You have it on Adverts.ie??

Advertisement