Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S4 thread - See Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I love nillkin cases http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Anillkin+galaxy+s4&keywords=nillkin+galaxy+s4&ie=UTF8&qid=1368223616 but have an ifrogz ultralean on my S3 right now(get em from Zagg).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Somebody else posted this one earlier

http://www.casefanatic.com/samsung-2/galaxy-s4/case-galaxy-s4/kommandant-samsung-galaxy-s4-metal-case-case/

I will be very tempted by that case when I do pick mine up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Doom wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good cover website? Love the Samsung branded one with the 'S view' window in it, it has NFC chip or magnet to adjust the screen display when closed, but its costly.

http://m.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EF-CI950BBESTA

Nice price tag too...but peeps were already crossing their eyes when the old flip covers were 30 euro

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Anyone recommend a good cover website? Love the Samsung branded one with the 'S view' window in it, it has NFC chip or magnet to adjust the screen display when closed, but its costly.

What's your idea of costly?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTCPHHY/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Loving my S4 but I have one issue.
    It's with the YOUTUBE app. It is for ever buffering on videos,making it unbearable to watch a video on it.
    It can't be my wifi as I have 100meg broadband from UPC and I am getting speeds of 65meg on speedtest over wifi.
    It doesn't happen on any other video streaming site, like SKY GO for example.
    Does anyone else have the same issue?
    It's really annoying that I can't watch a youtube video on my brand new top of the range Samsung S4!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Casey78 wrote: »
    Loving my S4 but I have one issue.
    It's with the YOUTUBE app. It is for ever buffering on videos,making it unbearable to watch a video on it.
    It can't be my wifi as I have 100meg broadband from UPC and I am getting speeds of 65meg on speedtest over wifi.
    It doesn't happen on any other video streaming site, like SKY GO for example.
    Does anyone else have the same issue?
    It's really annoying that I can't watch a youtube video on my brand new top of the range Samsung S4!!!

YouTube is the issue. Not the phone or ISP

I always have issues with streaming YouTube videos. One of them will load instantly in HD and the other video won't load even in SD.

It's like that on the actual website and the app is sometimes even worse

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Yeah, youtube acts up even on the desktop for me from time to time, and refreshing often fixes it. UPC have had trouble with it in the past.

Casey: Tried it on 3G?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ED E wrote: »
    Yeah, youtube acts up even on the desktop for me from time to time, and refreshing often fixes it. UPC have had trouble with it in the past.

Casey: Tried it on 3G?

This is true alright, I always had **** with youtube even on my mothers 50mb broadband, on laptops/tablets/phones/xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I got an S4 thru an upgrade with emobile today . it replacd my S2 which i used as a hotspot for my laptop. the problem is, when i got home this evening and went to connect up, i am being aske for a security key ala wifi network. ive never been asked for one on my S2 as it seemed to be an open hotspot . there is nothing in the paperwork about a security key . has anyone got any suggestions where i go from here? emobile say they know nothing about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I got an S4 thru an upgrade with emobile today . it replacd my S2 which i used as a hotspot for my laptop. the problem is, when i got home this evening and went to connect up, i am being aske for a security key ala wifi network. ive never been asked for one on my S2 as it seemed to be an open hotspot . there is nothing in the paperwork about a security key . has anyone got any suggestions where i go from here? emobile say they know nothing about it

It's just the password for the WIFI.

It's usually on the bottom of the modem itself.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's just the password for the WIFI.

It's usually on the bottom of the modem itself.

Think he's talking the hotspots key from the S4.

NewCavanMan, go to settings, more settings under networks, tethering and portable hotspot, the hotspot switch will be on but click on its label, that brings up the configuration which lists the WPA key(that your laptop needs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Make sure everyone watches Watchdog next Wed 15th on the storage problem on the S4. It'll be interesting to watch. I'll be watching it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the taskbar transparent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Clareman wrote: »

The Notification bar? Mine is transparent already... :confused:

Also could people help, My LED Notification is flashing Purple CONSTANTLY, i've closed all notifications the only thing thats left is the alarm clock. Any body knows whats causing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

markad1 wrote: »

The S view looks like a really nice case although the reviews for it on amazon aren't too promising. Seen a few videos for it too and it looks like front cover don't really stay on too well. Are there any other cases similar to it?

Do you mean the notification bar? i.e. top bar
    If it is as far as I know it depends on your mobile operator i.e. firmware installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

leemaree wrote: »
    Make sure everyone watches Watchdog next Wed 15th on the storage problem on the S4. It'll be interesting to watch. I'll be watching it

whats the problem? Can't say I have noticed anything

rafi bomb wrote: »
    whats the problem? Can't say I have noticed anything

Its just that so much of the storage is taken up by the OS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

This phone takes micro sd cards right? Just making sure before I buy one, 99% sure myself!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

niallo24 wrote: »
    This phone takes micro sd cards right? Just making sure before I buy one, 99% sure myself!

Yup, I ordered 1 of these and it works perfectly, all I've to do now is figure out how to install apps onto it

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Mobile-Ultra-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card---Class-10-UHS-1-%2B-SD-Adapter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

leemaree wrote: »

Yip, sold a 16gb phone only 9gb available to me. ...also I was hoping to get a memory card with it too. Got a 8gb eith my S1 couple of yrs ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Mc Love wrote: »
    Went for a more cosmetic case this time from casemate instead of a tough case. hopefully it will do the job. Its some getting used to its size compared to the S2

Went into town yesterday looking for a shell style case for the s4.
    Meteor shop didn't have much in yet.
    Three shop had an otterbox for €49, savage protection but a bit bulky alright and didn't like the feel of the Built-in screen protector.
    Went for a Case-Mate "Tough" instead in CarPhoneWarehouse €24.99.
    http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Olo-Cases/BlackBlack-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Tough-Cases-2926_9632-opt.aspx
    Got a Zagg Invisible Shield too for €14.99

Prob should have held off for Ballistic to come into stock but panicked with the s4's impending arrival!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yup, I ordered 1 of these and it works perfectly, all I've to do now is figure out how to install apps onto it

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Mobile-Ultra-Micro-SD-%28SDHC%29-Card---Class-10-UHS-1-%2B-SD-Adapter

Good price,might get mine off them.

rok wrote: »
    Went into town yesterday looking for a shell style case for the s4.
    Meteor shop didn't have much in yet.
    Three shop had an otterbox for €49, savage protection but a bit bulky alright and didn't like the feel of the Built-in screen protector.
    Went for a Case-Mate "Tough" instead in CarPhoneWarehouse €24.99.
    http://www.case-mate.com/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Olo-Cases/BlackBlack-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Tough-Cases-2926_9632-opt.aspx
    Got a Zagg Invisible Shield too for €14.99

Prob should have held off for Ballistic to come into stock but panicked with the s4's impending arrival!

Good price, I got it for a similar price on Amazon, hasn't arrived yet though :(http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BJ0K884/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 , I got a few screen protectors as well.

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying this phone recently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Regarding the s view cover....
    It's stupid you cannot view the notification led or at least flash a reminder in the s view window.
    I find myself having to open the cover to see if I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

markad1 wrote: »
    Regarding the s view cover....
    It's stupid you cannot view the notification led or at least flash a reminder in the s view window.
    I find myself having to open the cover to see if I missed something.

I used a holepunch on my S3 cover so i could see the LED :D

Any One here have loose home and volume keys. Not much but enough to cause worry. If it's on every s4 I can breath a little easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Don't see it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Any One here have loose home and volume keys. Not much but enough to cause worry. If it's on every s4 I can breath a little easier

Ya mine are loose too but I can't see it being a problem.

• Advertisement

Ya mine are loose too but I can't see it being a problem.

No, My Home Key is not going anywhere.

Advertisement