Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Don't know that the PSN price is.

€64.99 for the regular version. €89.99 for the game + expansion pass.

Actually, if you pre-order the game on PSN - is there any way to cancel it if you decide to get the boxed version instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,684 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

thegame983 wrote: »
    Argos have been consistently the cheapest as of late for new releases. I bought my PS4 & bllodborne there and they were the best deals.

You generally won't see the price until the release date however. I'd say €59.99.

Witcher 3 is listed on the in-store checkers in Argos shops and it is listed at 68 euro, not sure if that will change for release day though.
    Andrew76 wrote: »

Actually, if you pre-order the game on PSN - is there any way to cancel it if you decide to get the boxed version instead?

Yupp, you can cancel alright but Sony will attempt to take money from your PSN Wallet/ credit card on Saturday or Sunday when preload starts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, you can cancel alright but Sony will attempt to take money from your PSN Wallet/ credit card on Saturday or Sunday when preload starts.

Cheers. Was able to cancel using Settings - Wallet - Transaction History. I'm not going to get to play it Tuesday AM anyway so I'll wait to see the Argos price before deciding which version to get. Looking forward to this game though, those videos above look great.

Yeah I was gonna cancel and go with Argos but since it's listed at 68, I'm gonna keep my PSN preorder and download it this weekend. It goes live Monday night midnight our time so will get a couple of hours in at launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was gonna pay the full whack for the game+expansions, but they aren't out till October and 2016, so will just buy the game today. Will be nice to have it pre-loaded and ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Kiith wrote: »
    Was gonna pay the full whack for the game+expansions, but they aren't out till October and 2016, so will just buy the game today. Will be nice to have it pre-loaded and ready to go.

I'm thinking the season pass will be on sale at some stage, no need to rush into buying it just now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm also wondering if anyone here uses the dualshock 4 for pc gaming. I heard it can be tricky to set up.

Incredibly easy to setup. I use this programme and it's effectively plug and play, minicks the 360 controller so no messing about with remapping or anything like that http://ds4windows.com/

Probably been asked before, but as someone who has never played the previous Witcher games, would I be lost with this game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Probably been asked before, but as someone who has never played the previous Witcher games, would I be lost with this game?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

index.php?ct=news&action=file&id=10374

I read this then went onto GOG and bought the game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

jaffusmax wrote: »

I read this then went onto GOG and bought the game!

32 dollars....

Some comparison between the PC price and the 62.99euro I spent on it.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    32 dollars....

Some comparison between the PC price and the 62.99euro I spent on it.

I buy multi platform games on PC only personally. Also at GOG the money is going straight to the devs. I really hope they make a fortune to show the likes of Ubisoft and EA how much their anti consumers business models suck!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When can you pre load form psn?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im seeing the price on gog as 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Bloodbornes was 3 days before release iirc, GOG is the first PC client I've seen with it, there's is tomorrow, so I'd say sometime close to Friday

The PS4 shows the expected auto-download date as the 18th and expected payment date from wallet as 17th-20th.

18th is cutting it a bit close, usually tuesday releases with a pre-load option start downloading on the sunday before hand.

Its 30 gig download from psn but I'm guessing if you buy disc copy it would be around 50 gig install?

Kirby wrote: »
    Im seeing the price on gog as 50 euro.

You can get a GOG key from dlgamer.EU for €44, cheapest I can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah I know but seeing people talk about it being 32 dollars on GoG is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement

Nuuvem.com.br! It's €26 according to google, I keep getting 404s trying to buy it though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm guessing that's what it is in Poland perhaps? Definitely not the official price here or in the US.

I'm guessing that's what it is in Poland perhaps? Definitely not the official price here or in the US.

I paid about 47 euro much more palatable then the 75 quid Gamestop are extorting from people for the console version!

Yeah it's cheaper on PC anyway, but it's not €30 cheap. Think they've been as reasonable as they can with the pricing on PC to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Its 30 gig download from psn but I'm guessing if you buy disc copy it would be around 50 gig install?

It was 25gbs on the XBOX one, and payment was taken nearly straight away after preordering and it started preloading as soon as the transaction was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You can get it from g2play.net for €30.
    They end up sending an Nvidia code which you redeem on the Nvidia site and then link your GOG account when you redeem it.
    They sent me a dud code the first time and then replaced it the following day with a working code. Probably underlies that it isn't the most legitimate ways of obtaining a key but when they up the standard price of a PC game from €35/40 to €50 almost overnight, I can hardly blame anyone who goes this route. They're not the only ones guilty of it. Then, just like Steam they offer a 'discount of 10% or so to get you to preorder it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was going to get it from G2Play, but think i'll just pay the extra for GOG or Steam this time. Want to have it pre-loaded in advance, and they sometimes don't send the key out till release day. Plus, the last thing i want is a dodgy key.

Have to use an Argentine VPN on nuuvem to work for me. €27.62.

I'd heartily recommend people don't do this, and actually pay what they're supposed to instead of taking advantage of Brazil's poor currency, and cutting the devs out at the same time. I don't think its legal either (I know :p)

Better than piracy I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Already have my key and it's completely downloaded on the GOG Galaxy client. Just need the .exe update when it's released.
    The download is slow but you have another 5 days to complete it. Since you pair your GOG account when you're registering the Nvidia code they game is in your GOG account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

That looks amazing, to be fair. I'll be a PC player and probably will wait for a few months before picking it up, but it really looks awesome.

Advertisement