Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Skerries wrote: »
    why do you keep putting links like that?

Because his post limit is not high enough I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The link must be a joke anyway....looks like someone drew the game with a crayon!!

Id say its witcher on the 360 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

EoinHef wrote: »
    The link must be a joke anyway....looks like someone drew the game with a crayon!!

Id say its witcher on the 360 or something

It's actually from another witcher game that was being made by Adrian Chmielarz, the developer best known for leading People Can Fly and Bulletstorm back in 1996

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-the-witcher-game-that-never-was

map included with game
    Hmw08JH-1024x805.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That looks quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

here's a nice recap of the first 2 games to get people up to speed

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/35hoer/the_witcher_a_complete_recap_of_the_first_two/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The shitty texture on that paper :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    ;)

Only joking i'm looking forward to playing it. My only concern is I ordered it from Amazon. :-/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What time is the review embargo up tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not sure but looks like reviewers had 7-10 days to play it:

Qiq6Nrm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ooohh, so can't wait til next Tuesday. Taking 4 days off work to play it. Going to be so much fun

• Advertisement

I saw some reviewer said the embargo should be up at 7am Pacific time tomorrow so 3pm our time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well_H0ly_God is taking an extended break from the forum.

One of the devs posted on Twitter
    Lots of good news coming today.

They'll hardly open up sales tomorrow will they?....WILL THEY???

I see BreakingNews.ie is reporting about the game being sold early and devs CDPR trying to stop leaked vids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    One of the devs posted on Twitter

They'll hardly open up sales tomorrow will they?....WILL THEY???

I see BreakingNews.ie is reporting about the game being sold early and devs CDPR trying to stop leaked vids.

They were taking down nearly any video with leaked footage off Youtube over the weekend within an hour of it being uploaded.

Xenji wrote: »
    They were taking down nearly any video with leaked footage off Youtube over the weekend within an hour of it being uploaded.

Yeah, gonna be a long week for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Xenji wrote: »

wow, its really after getting out early isn't it? - 8 days is a pretty big lead ahead of launch.

makes no odds to me though, I still have to finish bioshock infinte, and then The witcher 2 before I even begin to contemplate this!

Some guy in Norway got his Collector's Edition, some size.

Edit: Changing embedded pic to link as it's a bit big.

http://i.imgur.com/ZePmpMf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sorry if everyone's already known this, but this is currently downloadable on GoG.com. I assume it'll still need to be unlocked on launch day, but at least it can be preloaded well in advance.

edit: if I actually paid attention I'd have seen that it even says "pre-download" on it. :rolleyes:

edit 2: and it's about 22gb to download there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

wow, its really after getting out early isn't it? - 8 days is a pretty big lead ahead of launch.

makes no odds to me though, I still have to finish bioshock infinte, and then The witcher 2 before I even begin to contemplate this!

The Middle East is notorious for releasing games early, shame most do not come with a language option.

Devs have said they have reached 1 million pre-orders. I know pre-orders are all the rage these days but that still sounds like a lot, especially for something with no ingame pre-order bonuses (Gamestop have a witcher key chain I think)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That includes digital pre-orders surely, which have come with plenty of incentives - not least the significant price reductions on Steam and GOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry if everyone's already known this, but this is currently downloadable on GoG.com. I assume it'll still need to be unlocked on launch day, but at least it can be preloaded well in advance.

edit: if I actually paid attention I'd have seen that it even says "pre-download" on it. :rolleyes:

edit 2: and it's about 22gb to download there.

And transferring at the speed of molasses, good job there's a week to download it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That includes digital pre-orders surely, which have come with plenty of incentives - not least the significant price reductions on Steam and GOG.

And even to a much lesser extent the US PSN store which has it with a 10% discount for some reason. Only pre order with a discount.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yeah, gonna be a long week for them.

Forget them , long week for us :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

It's actually from another witcher game that was being made by Adrian Chmielarz, the developer best known for leading People Can Fly and Bulletstorm back in 1996

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-the-witcher-game-that-never-was

thanks for the link, I posted it on Reddit and am getting loads of sweet sweet Karma :D

Skerries wrote: »
    thanks for the link, I posted it on Reddit and am getting loads of sweet sweet Karma :D

no problem, I had seen the image on neogaf and someone posted the link to the article after someone asked what game it was
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1043668&page=36

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Pre-load on Steam is now available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ain't nothing wrong with that, no siree, as miley would say, "well holy god!"

Advertisement