Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tuesday can not come soon enough, got a few days off of work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Skerries wrote: »
    55555.gif
    Have they brought in quick time events or is that just a death animation or FMV or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

It's from the "Killing Monsters" trailer but there's a trick to make 2d images look 3d by putting the white bars on the picture and when images pass through the white bars it appears 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So after reading the reviews this is looking like a must!

Im on Xbox One, anyone see the cheapest price for this? 62 euro as a digital download from the Xbox Store is the cheapest ive seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Anyone know how big the size of the game will be if I download it for the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

joe123 wrote: »
    So after reading the reviews this is looking like a must!

Im on Xbox One, anyone see the cheapest price for this? 62 euro as a digital download from the Xbox Store is the cheapest ive seen so far.

Argos will most likely come in at around €59 or so for the physical version going on past prices.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The preload download is 20+ GB on PC, likely in the same ballpark for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Six days till release. Excitment has prompted me to buy the first two games. Going to have a busy few days ahead!

• Advertisement

Either 35 gig or 50 gig, the EU and US stores both say a different size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The preload download is 20+ GB on PC, likely in the same ballpark for PS4.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not that i really trust reviews anyway but devs must be happy.

CE0KrTiWoAAQ8Lc.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Gonna be in town tomorrow, will I be able to reverse a copy in Argos do ye think ? Do I have to wait for it too show up online?

Confirmed in work today that this unfortunately cannot be reserved yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Xenji wrote: »

If got 4 days off starting Wednesday. Might even manage afew hours sneaky gameplay on Tuesday night :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GodlessM wrote: »
    Confirmed in work today that this unfortunately cannot be reserved yet.

Thanks for that, I suspose you don't know what day we will be able too reserve online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,959 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If got 4 days off starting Wednesday. Might even manage afew hours sneaky gameplay on Tuesday night :cool:

Sweet, I'm not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I bought The Witcher 2 around a year ago. I'm going to give it a go now in anticipation of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm relieved to hear that the regular difficulty setting isn't too overbearing. I love these types of games but I'm not very good at them. I just want to put in the hours and get immersed in the world. I don't want to replay quests over and over again because my spells are 5% off where they need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Any spoilers?

They do a side quest,nothing major

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'm relieved to hear that the regular difficulty setting isn't too overbearing. I love these types of games but I'm not very good at them. I just want to put in the hours and get immersed in the world. I don't want to replay quests over and over again because my spells are 5% off where they need to be.

Bit like me. Unlocked the content with my credit card kinda guy? I don't have time anymore to spend 8 hours a day playing games/fiddling through content on very hard mode. I've been there and done that too many times.

I feel like I'm getting old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I'm building a €1000 gaming pc to play this. I'm new to pc gaming and I'm wondering how soon mods usually come out for games. Due to exams I won't get to play this until the end of may or start of june. Does it usually take much longer than a month for mods? Thanks

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I'm building a €1000 gaming pc to play this. I'm new to pc gaming and I'm wondering how soon mods usually come out for games. Due to exams I won't get to play this until the end of may or start of june. Does it usually take much longer than a month for mods? Thanks

It really depends on the type of mod, and what it changes, some can take years before they are finally finished, some a few days, anything that involves cosmetic improvements will take quite a few months at minimum.

But seeing that the mod kit for the Witcher 2 took two years to come out and there is still no eta for the Witcher 3 mod kit coming out, I doubt by the end of June you will see anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

It really depends on the type of mod, and what it changes, some can take years before they are finally finished, some a few days, anything that involves cosmetic improvements will take quite a few months at minimum.

Thanks! I'm also wondering if anyone here uses the dualshock 4 for pc gaming. I heard it can be tricky to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What are the prices of this one looking like, Argos or Smyths the cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

logik wrote: »
    Couldnt see it on the Argos website
    Smyths have it for €65
    Xtravision €69.99
    Gamestop €75:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Couldnt see it on the Argos website
    Smyths have it for €65
    Xtravision €69.99
    Gamestop €75:rolleyes:

€69.99 down to 62.99 for Gold members on the XBOX One store.
    Don't know that the PSN price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭thegame983

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm also wondering if anyone here uses the dualshock 4 for pc gaming. I heard it can be tricky to set up.

Not really. Download 'inputmapper' - I think that's what it's called.

Personally I use a wired 360 controllor. I could use my ps4 controllor (which I have to say is probably my favourite controllor of them all), but the lack of on screen button prompts for PS4 is quite jarring I find.

Also I'm lazy and don't want to switch controllors around

PS: If your building a gaming rig run it by the guys on pc building forum of boards. They were really helpful when I built mine 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭thegame983

logik wrote: »

Argos have been consistently the cheapest as of late for new releases. I bought my PS4 & bllodborne there and they were the best deals.

You generally won't see the price until the release date however. I'd say €59.99.

Advertisement