Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Well_Holy_G0d

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well_H0ly_God is taking an extended break from the forum.

Or am I?

Hard to tell....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

agJIP.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And what harm youtube is probably doing it no favours either. Looks savage.

I'm actually reading comments online from people complaining about the 'downgrade' and crap graphics from a 3 second gif at 140p. Not even taking notice of these fools anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Or am I?

Hard to tell....

Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kevin VanOrd just said on twitter that he is hyped for his review and is legitimately excited about it, same goes for Danny O'Dwyer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gonna be in town tomorrow, will I be able to reverse a copy in Argos do ye think ? Do I have to wait for it too show up online?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Or am I?

Hard to tell....

Laters.

11163154_10152957156869331_1741453763038318881_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

sheehy83 wrote: »
    11163154_10152957156869331_1741453763038318881_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Man, I'm actually starting to feel a bit intimidated by the scale of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ZePmpMf.jpg

rTUdJKh.jpg

CEuEVkaVIAIKvi6.jpg

Size of the collector's edition :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ah the old Reddit banana for scale :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Gonna be in town tomorrow, will I be able to reverse a copy in Argos do ye think ? Do I have to wait for it too show up online?

I don't think so. The codes for the game aren't public and so they won't go live on our system until later in the week I reckon. I checked it myself at work today. A manager might be able to do it though.

I will check in work tomorrow to be sure though, and will post again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

And transferring at the speed of molasses, good job there's a week to download it!
    Galaxy is almost as slow as Steam for me. I'm actually going to wait for release day and get it through GOG Downloader which must be about 100 times faster. I'll be waiting a couple of hours instead of a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Haven't tried GOG yet but steam downloads average 12.8mb/s. I've got the witcher with my graphics card so its a GOG game. Hopefully will maintain that speed and have it downloaded ready to go within a half hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Adyx wrote: »
    Galaxy is almost as slow as Steam for me. I'm actually going to wait for release day and get it through GOG Downloader which must be about 100 times faster. I'll be waiting a couple of hours instead of a couple of days.

Try directly through the GOG website instead of Galaxy, downloaded yesterday and speed was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

King Mod Rune of Power Witcher III Gaming rig competition from Caseking:

http://woobox.com/p37kek/ev7olv

Im supposed to be waiting for the Oculus rift consumer version before buying a pc like that but dont know how Ill resist when the Witcher is released...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

And what harm youtube is probably doing it no favours either. Looks savage.

I'm actually reading comments online from people complaining about the 'downgrade' and crap graphics from a 3 second gif at 140p. Not even taking notice of these fools anymore.

Generation outraged at its finest, same idiots go straight to the new assassins creed teaser and say "gonna pre order this so I can get a cool in game jacket" ....

Even on YouTube videos from ps share,the console versions of witcher3 look nice. First game I have been looking forward to for awhile. Roll on the 19th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For some reason many members of the gaming community find it incredibly difficult to critique or form independent opinions about games - or perhaps they just can't articulate them clearly enough. Bizarrely, some actively fear such things. I think that's why many rally around 'outrages' like graphical 'downgrades'. It's something objective - 'this looks worse than that!' - and can only really be countered with 'well it still looks great', basically leading to an endless back and forth.

In a weird sort of way, it's actually things like this that bring certain sections of the gaming community closer together. With all this paranoia over their hobby being 'hijacked' as the audience opens up and diversifies, this sort of general and let's be honest totally hyperbolic outrage helps maintain a consensus and insulation some of these gamers value so much. Whether it still looks great or not barely matters for the people who spend their time demanding explanations on forums, getting refunds or obsessing over comparison videos.

Anyway, I have no doubt this game will be giving my newish rig a decent workout one way or the other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Or you know... they just ditched 3 builds for one to save money like they admitted and now the game doesn't look as good as it could've thanks to console focus this time around. Totally bringing everyone together, that.

Will be buzzing around this thread for a few days to see how the game plays and performs. I heard TB is going to do a port report which is vital for Nvidia gameworks releases seeing as how previous games with it have performed badly.

Sorry about the big pic (In-game, PS4, no HUD) but just wanted to show the crap graphics on the PS4 due to the consoles holding back the PC potential. I mean, they should have just cancelled this for consoles instead of shipping us this muck.

In actual news, reviews will be hitting the web in 15 minutes.

ORtdfzE.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

^ Or you know... they just ditched 3 builds for one to save money like they admitted and now the game doesn't look as good as it could've thanks to console focus this time around. Totally bringing everyone together, that.

Will be buzzing around this thread for a few days to see how the game plays and performs. I heard TB is going to do a port report which is vital for Nvidia gameworks releases seeing as how previous games with it have performed badly.

As someone who owns a decent enough pc, I should probably be annoyed. But I'm not. honestly even though it is not as amazing looks wise as the original screens,for what ever reason. I personally still believe overall the game is trying to give you your monies worth . I could be wrong but meh thems the breaks.

I'll reserve judgment of the game for when I find myself not having the urge to head out mid week because I'm happy to chill and play some witcher 3. That beats any 10 outta 10 ign for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gamepot - 10

Gameinformer 9.75

IGN - 9.3

Kotaku - Yes

Spoilers in Gamepot video review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Sorry about the big pic (In-game, PS4, no HUD) but just wanted to show the crap graphics on the PS4 due to the consoles holding back the PC potential. I mean, they should have just cancelled this for consoles instead of shipping us this muck.

Won't somebody please think of the foliage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-review/1900-6416135/

10/10 from Gamespot, one of the best games ever made, other reviews supposed to be similar.

EDIT: EoinMcLovin there first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some serious review scores there. Can't wait to get stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Honestly, while the original game (haven't tried 2 yet...) looks quite dated, the gameplay and story more than makes up for it. So i'll be looking forward to trying Witcher 3 in the future. I'd say some modders will improve the graphics on PC anyway id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

As much as I liked the original the witcher, by the second game I found both the combat and the storyline too obtuse to keep my attention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

In actual news, reviews will be hitting the web in 15 minutes.

huge ass pic that ruins page format

Meanwhile in The Witcher 2

I expected 10/10s although they really don't mean much in today's video game 'journalism' climate. I seem to remember Shadow Of Mordor getting almost perfect scores and all that is run around barren levels with Arkham clone fighting that's somehow even easier.

Game's still probably going to be amazing. Looking forward to hearing ya'll talk about it if you can even pull yourselves away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Only the 9th game to receive a '10' from Gamespot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Advertisement