Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maybe so, I still have my save game from right before the game ends so I might check it out over christmas when I've plenty of time. Its not a deal breaker either way, it just seems a little odd, the equivalent of dedicating your life to tracking someone down, then meeting them and all you say is 'hows it going?'

It wraps up completley into 3, you do have to watch the intro to 3 closely tho cos they shagging quite a bit in it :pac:

quarryman wrote: »
    Ah ok. I didn't even stick around that area and moved onto the next one. Should I have explored more? I felt like the plot was pushing me on.

Yeah at that point it does push you on a bit , I'm sure others will correct me as I haven't been back to it since I finished it so memory is a little rusty but I think there was some gear there that might help early on in that area. No matter you can return there at will.

Most of the time you can leave the plot alone for crazy amounts of time while you do other stuff. I think I said previously here though in most games I have ever played were you can do that it disconnected you from the story because of that but in Witcher 3 it never felt like that all even after some 15 hours for me at one point away from a main story quest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The first area has some places of power and Gwent cards, but other then that there's not a huge amount there to go back for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Maybe the viper Witcher gear as well, but I think you can find better stuff quick enough in Velen.

There's also a Witcher contract, and a good one iirc. The Lady by the Well if memory serves?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Should i play Witcher 2 before getting into this?

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Should i play Witcher 2 before getting into this?

I'd jump straight to Witcher 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just starting into the DLC at the moment but the weather is driving me mad. Its always raining , day or night it does not matter. Is this something to do with storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just bought this on Steam and notice there are loads of free DLC listed, each with its own page in the Steam store. Do I need to download all of the different free DLC via Steam after the full game is downloaded and installed, or is this done automatically within the game itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Glebee wrote: »
    Just starting into the DLC at the moment but the weather is driving me mad. Its always raining , day or night it does not matter. Is this something to do with storyline?

that's definitely something wrong

ionapaul wrote: »
    Just bought this on Steam and notice there are loads of free DLC listed, each with its own page in the Steam store. Do I need to download all of the different free DLC via Steam after the full game is downloaded and installed, or is this done automatically within the game itself?

Some of it is just cosmetics and gear you could live without but there are some good extra missions there, can't recall the name but the quest was to do with some pigs that was really good. Should be obvious which are content and which are cosmetics from the store pages. Not sure about steam but I had to download them all individually on xbox.

• Advertisement

Great DLC mission call "Where Cat and Wolf Play".

Also I think one of the other missions has Wham-a-Wham the troll. I love the trolls in this game.

sheep? wrote: »
    Great DLC mission call "Where Cat and Wolf Play".

Also I think one of the other missions has Wham-a-Wham the troll. I love the trolls in this game.

Very difficult to understand with subtitles off.

Very difficult to understand with subtitles off.

I can confirm they're also hard to understand with them on. :pac:

How does the DLC fit in with the overall world of Witcher 3? My game got reset, so lost all my progress. Would this matter a damn to the DLC?

How does the DLC fit in with the overall world of Witcher 3? My game got reset, so lost all my progress. Would this matter a damn to the DLC?

You seem to need a decent enough character. They appear as level 30ish missions in my quest log. I'm not even close to that level.

You seem to need a decent enough character. They appear as level 30ish missions in my quest log. I'm not even close to that level.

Was able to get my saves from backup and now I'm on level 34. The Expansion pass is currently €25 on the PS Store. Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Skerries wrote: »
    that's definitely something wrong

Much like what's happening in Ireland for the last 7 weeks :(

Witcher 3 currently at €35 on the PS Store, just in case anyone knows someone with a PS4 and wanted to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Was able to get my saves from backup and now I'm on level 34. The Expansion pass is currently €25 on the PS Store. Is it worth it?

I found Hearts of Stone to be excellent. I put it this way, it's the DLC I ever bought and I don't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭brady12

So I went playing this for first time since before last major patch .is it just me or can I only carry way Less on my inventory now ?

• Advertisement

Just finished it on Death March there. It was very very tough to start with, but around Level 9/10 either I got the hang of it, or the game got easier. The hardest fights I personally found were The opening horde of ghouls (don't laugh, it was such a wake up call....:P), a Fiend contract out in Skellige and
    Imlerith on the Sabbath thingy

Still, amazing game, seriously beautiful in many aspects. Graphically, characters, music....

Going to clean up a little, maybe hunt some question marks, but then onto the DLC. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

My favourite part of the game is any time you run into a bandit camp one of them always shouts "witcher f*cker".

Cracks me up every time!

brady12 wrote: »
    So I went playing this for first time since before last major patch .is it just me or can I only carry way Less on my inventory now ?

I just use a mod to max out your carry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, I finally got a few spare minutes and managed to play this again.

A question: after vizima i get first time to choose where to go. Do I have to go the are where main quest is, or I go the other places? Will it influence it some how? Are those other areas are some sort of optional or I will need to get back there after where main quest area completed?
    I don't think it's very spoilerish, but to make it clear main quest wants me to go to Valen and I kind of want to go to Novigrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

A question: after vizima i get first time to choose where to go. Do I have to go the are where main quest is, or I go the other places? Will it influence it some how? Are those other areas are some sort of optional or I will need to get back there after where main quest area completed?
    I don't think it's very spoilerish, but to make it clear main quest wants me to go to Valen and I kind of want to go to Novigrad.
    I think you can only fast travel to Velen but you can go where you want after that. Despite what the map shows Velen and Novigrad are the same area. Most of the quests in Novigrad will be over levelled for you at this stage, I'm assuming you're around level 4. The enemies on the way there could be tricky too.

You can do some side quests in an order that will lock some very minor side quests but it won't have any major effect on the outcome.

The only place you can't travel to yet is Kaer Morhen up North, but as Evade said, if you jump ahead you risk running into high level enemies and possibly locking out minor quests in Velen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Eredin.
    Death March.
    New Game +.

Any one here beat him?

I didn't find Imlerith too bad, the navigator guy was easy, Eredin is destroying me in 2 hits.

Does anyone have any Death March builds that they would recommend for beating Eredin, even better if ye did it on NG+.

I expected to beat him handy last night since Imlerith wasn't too bad, I was very wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Last nights patch fixes a bunch of broken quests for me. I couldn't finish three of the hearts of stone quests because they were broken with bugs. I'll have to try and get the bear witcher gear and hopefully I won't get stuck in the castle again.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Eredin.
    Death March.
    New Game +.

Any one here beat him?

I didn't find Imlerith too bad, the navigator guy was easy, Eredin is destroying me in 2 hits.

Does anyone have any Death March builds that they would recommend for beating Eredin, even better if ye did it on NG+.

I expected to beat him handy last night since Imlerith wasn't too bad, I was very wrong.

I beat it on ng+ on deathmarch. I found eredin easier than imlerith. It's probably not what you want to hear but it's simply dodging and rolling around his attacks until you get a very short window to attack, you might only get one heavy attack in. Arch griffon decoction is very useful in this fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I beat it on ng+ on deathmarch. I found eredin easier than imlerith. It's probably not what you want to hear but it's simply dodging and rolling around his attacks until you get a very short window to attack, you might only get one heavy attack in. Arch griffon decoction is very useful in this fight.

What gear did you use? and what was your character build? I have a mastercrafted Feline gear set and mastercrafted Griffen sword set and he is making sh1t of me.

I start by using quen and dodging, but he does that teleport kick that breaks quen and 2 hits me then. I tend to be unable to roll out of the way quick enough, then end up with no stamina when I do dodge/roll to recast quen.

I read about that Arch griffon decoction but never used it. (yet)

Advertisement