Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I need drowner brain. I don't know where to go. I read online I can get some in a swamp but it's big. Will it show up with my witchers sense?

How do I brew once I get it?

Any time you go along the coast you will see drowners. If you kill a group of them at least one will have a brain to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

My brother had the same issue when he started off recently. Loot as much as possible, especially off dead monsters. Their stuff is also used in making weapons as well as potions.

Destroy monster nests whenever you come across them, very handy way to stock up on crafting items.

Time to bit a serious dent in this game. Thank you storm Desmond.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

sheep? wrote: »
    My brother had the same issue when he started off recently. Loot as much as possible, especially off dead monsters. Their stuff is also used in making weapons as well as potions.

So difficult. I don't know where to buy a tube to put a potion in. :(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Destroy monster nests whenever you come across them, very handy way to stock up on crafting items.

Where are they and what do they look like? Or do you just mean monsters you've killed? Where can I buy food?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The icons on the map look like a dear head with 4 horns. You'll need some sort of bomb to blow them up. Basically, there'll be a few low level monsters knocking about a mound on the ground. You kill them and walk over to the mound and you're given a prompt to press a button to drop a bomb in.

So difficult. I don't know where to buy a tube to put a potion in. :(

I'd try a herbalist for this, there's the one in White Orchard that you meet as part of the main quest.
    Where are they and what do they look like? Or do you just mean monsters you've killed? Where can I buy food?

The monster nests, are as described above, but will appear as a ? on the map unless you've travelled close to it.

You can buy food from taverns usually. But to be honest, just loot the crap out of everything. You'll also get the empty vials from doing this.

Also, what difficulty you playing on? If you meditate for an hour or more on medium difficulty you'll heal yourself. (do this through the menu screen, or bring up the radial dial. This is L1 then square on PS4).

It can be overwhelming at first, but you'll get it, don't worry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I only got a chance to start playing Hearts of Stone recently. Just finished it there. It is a fantastic piece of DLC.

The main quest has so much flavour to it. Really interesting characters and an atmosphere and story that is very different to what is in the main game. Really, really loved it. And cannot wait for Blood and Wine.

I know the first expansion is all that's been released so far, but that's meant to be the short one. With the next one meant to be twice as long I definitely feel like the Season pass is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Is there any rumours about Blood and Wine at all? Release date? Storyline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jones

If that's Skellige's Most Wanted, he's still having an epic seizure in my game.

Exact same for me have they ever fixed that or is it just tough for those of us who've encountered the bug we'd have to start a new game?

Going to get the DLC but i'm wondering will i get the season pass or individually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Finished witcher took a break fallout. lent to my nephew. Gonna get back in for dlc. Any good changes in latest patch its a big one so I'm hesitant??

On ps4, if I got on pc patch wouldn't be as much a problamo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone finish the "Collect them All" gwent quest ?
    I've played and beat every innkeep (i think) and
    won the tournament
    in Novigrad but i must still be missing some. Do i have to buy EVERY card from every merchant that sells cards?

jones wrote: »
    Exact same for me have they ever fixed that or is it just tough for those of us who've encountered the bug we'd have to start a new game?

Going to get the DLC but i'm wondering will i get the season pass or individually

I encountered the bug when I first did it (the game must have taken it as completed as I got the achievement for completing all Witcher contracts) but I went back recently as it still appeared as a mission I could do so I just whooped his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Corvo wrote: »
    Is there any rumours about Blood and Wine at all? Release date? Storyline?

According to Gamespot it got pushed back to the first half of 2016 rather than Q1, so now rather than getting it in Jan/Feb/Mar it could now be May/Jun.

"The expansion takes place in the new region of Toussaint and will "take Geralt to a land untainted by war, where an atmosphere of carefree indulgence and knightly ritual masks an ancient, bloody secret."

Corvo wrote: »
    I encountered the bug when I first did it (the game must have taken it as completed as I got the achievement for completing all Witcher contracts) but I went back recently as it still appeared as a mission I could do so I just whooped his ass.

I haven't played it in a while but since that quest basically crashed on me i returned a few weeks later and found the werewolf still there howling and having seizure and nothing i did could finish it.

I just bought the expansion pack going to play some tonight - about time i got back into the witcher world

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    won the tournament
    in Novigrad but i must still be missing some. Do i have to buy EVERY card from every merchant that sells cards?

As far as I know, yes you have to buy some of the collection. 195 in total I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

won the tournament

I bought them all, It was the safest thing to do.
    You have to play & win against anyone that will play gwent with you.
    Do all Gwent quests and the tournament.

Don't hire any whores in Novigrad either, I heard some will steal some of your deck.

Then there are some cards that can only be won during specific guests, one with Triss and with Voltan. These could be the ones you are missing.

I had to use the checklist and that helped me, it turned out I was missing the Voltan card from the very beginning, which you can find now under the hangmans tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st screen shots of the new location in Blood & Wine

CVtzQEKUwAExC3S.jpg

CVtzP--VAAA0gFS.jpg

Cheers, I think i have all the hero cards and special cards you can win on quests. I'm at
    "final preparations"
    and have completed practically ever other quest except this one. Have the Zoltan card etc ...must be missing a few from some merchants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm at
    "final preparations"
    and have completed practically ever other quest except this one.

Is that just before
    the battle where you have to recruit a load of people to help?
    Think more missions open up after that, unless you are right at the end of the game and not just at the end of act 1.

I blazed through Novigrad fairly quickly over the weekend. Didn't really enjoy it as much as other parts of the game so far. The city is large and sprawling yet empty at the same time. The amount of time I spent just running to the next quest marker. I had a lot of trouble finding a blacksmith to repair items. I'm already preferring skellige's
    nordic theme

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is that just before
    the battle where you have to recruit a load of people to help?
    Think more missions open up after that, unless you are right at the end of the game and not just at the end of act 1.

No its after
    Bald Mountain where you kill Immerith, where you go back to Novigrad and have to help Triss and Yen and the like.

Ok the first boss on the new dlc is TOUGH or maybe I'm out of practice

I think they upped the difficulty in hearts of stone alright, it's tough going, especially on death march.
    I just used quen, ducked around and blasted it with igni. I found sword attacks fairly useless against it.

I think they upped the difficulty in hearts of stone alright, it's tough going, especially on death march.
    I just used quen, ducked around and blasted it with igni. I found sword attacks fairly useless against it.

yeah i was quickly finding that last night my swords were doing no damage at all. There was some conversation at the start about "him" not being bothered by fire so i assumed Igni wouldn't do anything. i'll try again tonight.

Ps they have definitely tweaked the difficulty on my way to said boss i came to a village being held by bandits and it was a lot tougher than previous times - or again i'm just rusty :D

Yrden
    works beautifully on him and will make the fight a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halfway through New Game + and my opinion of the Witcher is only increasing. Honestly think it might be my favourite game ever.

What exactly is New Game +?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What exactly is New Game +?

It's for those who want to play through the game again without completely starting over again:

What carries over:

- All player EXP, including level (if lower than 30, you’ll be bumped up)
    - Inventory equipment, including Witcher gear sets
    - Stash items not covered in the ‘doesn’t carry over’ list
    - Alchemy crafting components
    - Alchemy recipes and crafting schematics
    - Money

What doesn’t carry over:

- Consumables such as food and drink
    - Letters and books
    - Monster trophies
    - Quest items (such as Keira’s lamp or medallion)
    - Gwent cards, including those purchased
    - Difficulty level, you’ll be able to reselect it
    - Map items such as way-points, signposts etc..

Advertisement