Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

What happened to the children that the Baron's wife was taking care of? I finished that quest recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

What happened to the children that the Baron's wife was taking care of? I finished that quest recently.
    it depends on what you did with the possessed tree under the hillock. I think if you help it, it sends the horse off to kill the people of downwarren, but saves the kids. If you kill the tree, I think the people are saved, but it is suggested the witches eat the kids. "Sweet as caramel" is a phrase that comes to mind. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Started playing this yesterday and christ how do people play this on the hardest level, Im fighting the Griffin and dying everytime while playing on the easiest level

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finally finished the main story and absolutely loved it! Easily my GOTY so far.
    Put in around 80+hrs i'd say.

Gonna wait until the final expansion is released and play them both back to back.

astonaidan wrote: »
    Started playing this yesterday and christ how do people play this on the hardest level, Im fighting the Griffin and dying everytime while playing on the easiest level

Man, I died about 10 times fighting those ghouls (your very very first fight) on death march level! Dodge, dodge, dodge! The roll, and the side steps. Make sure to use the quen sign regularly as well, it'll give you protection against a hit.

Have you brewed potions as well? Grapeshot bomb is handy as well.

• Advertisement

sheep? wrote: »
    Man, I died about 10 times fighting those ghouls (your very very first fight) on death march level! Dodge, dodge, dodge! The roll, and the side steps. Make sure to use the quen sign regularly as well, it'll give you protection against a hit.

Have you brewed potions as well? Grapeshot bomb is handy as well.

I havent really done much yet, will get more in depth when I get a few hours to myelf, although this will mean I have to get up earlier, maybe 9am to play, the downfall of being a barman and working nights is it cuts into hours I can play and gym and hang with wife whos expecting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jefferytibbs

What a game. Is pretty difficult in places on hard mode but made it to the end. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

astonaidan wrote: »
    I havent really done much yet, will get more in depth when I get a few hours to myelf, although this will mean I have to get up earlier, maybe 9am to play, the downfall of being a barman and working nights is it cuts into hours I can play and gym and hang with wife whos expecting :(

See, thats the joy of it. Finding what each monster requires to be beaten. What potions do you need? What bombs? What oils? I thought I was a right badass until I came across this werewolf who slapped me around like Phil Mitchell.

And remember, dodge. DODGE DODGE DODGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Didnt throw a bomb or oil my sword once I dont think, always hated that aspect, might have drank a few potions a few times but inly due to the easy alcohol refill, if it had required you to gather ingredients every time like previous I wouldnt have bothered...

Thargor wrote: »
    Didnt throw a bomb or oil my sword once I dont think, always hated that aspect,

You disgust me.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Didnt throw a bomb or oil my sword once I dont think, always hated that aspect, might have drank a few potions a few times but inly due to the easy alcohol refill, if it had required you to gather ingredients every time like previous I wouldnt have bothered...
    I'd be the same. I have no love for crafting. I made one piece of armour and only realised afterwards that I'm 5 levels or so under its requirement.

Corvo wrote: »
    See, thats the joy of it. Finding what each monster requires to be beaten. What potions do you need? What bombs? What oils? I thought I was a right badass until I came across this werewolf who slapped me around like Phil Mitchell.

And remember, dodge. DODGE DODGE DODGE.

For me it was Jenny O The Woods. Ass handed on a plate until I learnt the wisdom of using of Yrden!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Brilliant :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If that's Skellige's Most Wanted, he's still having an epic seizure in my game.

sheep? wrote: »
    For me it was Jenny O The Woods. Ass handed on a plate until I learnt the wisdom of using of Yrden!

It was the Werewolf by the hillock who got me.

I won't lie, I eventually ran away. Never did kill him, the git.

It was the Werewolf by the hillock who got me.

I won't lie, I eventually ran away. Never did kill him, the git.

I ran past him to get under the hill. He was dead when I came out. He was healing faster than I could kill him. I imagine you can't fight him at night?

You can, just have to use moondust bomb on him, stops him healing. Or the devil's puff ball, poison works well on them.

I think igni stalls the healing, too. I've noticed that being really aggressive (with oils and potions as well) works nicely on werewolves.

Finished it on deathmarch over the weekend and got the platinum. Finished off hearts of stone too, really good. Can't wait for the blood and wine expansion now.

Finished it on deathmarch over the weekend and got the platinum. Finished off hearts of stone too, really good. Can't wait for the blood and wine expansion now.

Fair play son, fair play

The Witcher 3 has won GAME OF THE YEAR! :D

Also "Best Roleplaying Game"

& "Developer of the Year"

Definitely well deserved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Roach wins best lump of wood award

If that's Skellige's Most Wanted, he's still having an epic seizure in my game.

Ha, yes. Its since been fixed and I went back and slaughtered him after I completed HoS. Poor divil didn't stand a chance! :pac:
    I ran past him to get under the hill. He was dead when I came out. He was healing faster than I could kill him. I imagine you can't fight him at night?

I was totally unprepared and had not fought a Werewolf at all at that stage. I actually couldn't hurt him. I was sick when I realised I would never get the chance to kill him. Someone mentioned Lady O The Woods too, God that was a tough one too.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 has won GAME OF THE YEAR! :D

Also "Best Roleplaying Game"

& "Developer of the Year"

Definitely well deserved!

Well deserved is right, roll on Blood and Wine.

CD Projekt Red definitely deserved Developer of the Year.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I am in the process of downloading this game having bought it for 25% on the US PSN.

I'm really into sports games but decided to go for witcher on a recommendation. Glad to see it high up in the forum so think I've made a good choice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I am in the process of downloading this game having bought it for 25% on the US PSN.

I'm really into sports games but decided to go for witcher on a recommendation. Glad to see it high up in the forum so think I've made a good choice. :)

It's a brilliant game. One of the best I've ever played. If you're new to this type of game my advice would be to stick with it at the start as the amount of weapons, armour, potions and ingredients can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get used to it it gives so much depth to the game.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    It's a brilliant game. One of the best I've ever played. If you're new to this type of game my advice would be to stick with it at the start as the amount of weapons, armour, potions and ingredients can be a bit overwhelming at first but once you get used to it it gives so much depth to the game.

Yes it's quite difficult. I'm not understanding some things so far. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Yes it's quite difficult. I'm not understanding some things so far. :(

I've played a good few RPG games before and I was also confused at the start. After 2 or 3 hours it'll start to become more familiar to you. The main thing for combat is you have to dodge and block a lot. Running headfirst into battle almost always ends in death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just crafted the entire Enhanced Griffin Set. BOOM!! I'm slaying everything in sight and its glorious!

I need drowner brain. I don't know where to go. I read online I can get some in a swamp but it's big. Will it show up with my witchers sense?

How do I brew once I get it?

• Advertisement

I need drowner brain. I don't know where to go. I read online I can get some in a swamp but it's big. Will it show up with my witchers sense?

How do I brew once I get it?

You kill a drowner and loot its body, should have a drowner brain.

Locations:

White Orchard

- In the swamps between the town of White Orchard and the Nilfgaardian Outpost.
    - On either side of the stone bridge leading to the mill, north of the town of White Orchard (occasionally).
    - Along the water just below the Ransacked Village to the East of the town of White Orchard.
    - Along the opposite side of the river from the Ransacked Village, just South of the stone bridge that is West of the Ransacked Village.

Advertisement