Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Only really getting back into this now after a lengthy break. My god it is deep. Anyone recommend the best armor? On the hunt for the wolf gear, but mostly because I've just reached Karen Mohren (o god the spelling) and it gave me an excuse to look around. Do I have much left in the main quest?

about another 10-20 hours I would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭ Shepherd Spicy Fool

Skerries wrote: »
    about another 10-20 hours I would say

Fantastic. I play slow normally, like the dialogue and the story telling etc. Its something the Witcher does very well. I'd nearly say the character interactions and voicing etc. are the best I'v ever seen in a game. Not as cringey and Japanese as FF, but not as shallow and unengaging as Skyrim. Although I absolutely loved Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

You know what would be great. Being able to leave notes on the map.

Also, went and got all the Enhanced Griffin gear [lvl14, just about to head to Novigrad]. Did a qucik goolge and found an out of date site that said it was lvl 14/15. Turns out they upped it to 18 in a patch. Dammit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I did the exact same thing, had to spend a couple of levels in my boxers because Id sold everything else.

Thargor wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing, had to spend a couple of levels in my boxers because Id sold everything else.

Haha. I have about 10k gold, and probably another 3-4k in non crafting mat junk. [I found that the armorer and blacksmith in Oxenfurt buy stuff for MUCH more, and if you sell armor to the armourer and weapons to the blacksmith, they pay more for their respective stuff]
    And probably 3-4 sets of relic gear in my stash, that are just slightly worse than the current griffin set...

So unless they are gold-plated boxers, i should be grand :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Shougeki wrote: »
    Haha. I have about 10k gold, and probably another 3-4k in non crafting mat junk. [I found that the armorer and blacksmith in Oxenfurt buy stuff for MUCH more, and if you sell armor to the armourer and weapons to the blacksmith, they pay more for their respective stuff]
    And probably 3-4 sets of relic gear in my stash, that are just slightly worse than the current griffin set...

So unless they are gold-plated boxers, i should be grand :P
    I had about the same amount of gold at your level. Once you start mastercrafting that money will disappear before you know it. :pac:

Good point. I wish I could sell people into slavery and recoup losses that way. I'm not a really nice Geralt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finding the quests in this DLC pretty difficult. I'm at level 35 but getting my arse kicked. Probably doesnt help i havent played the game for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Quen is your friend. Loving this dlc, just doing tasks for Iris at the moment, just class. Met a boss that was straight out of Bloodborne as well.

Haven't done any of the sidequests yet as the story is pushing me on. Need to check out that new runes stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

How big is the DLC ? I have only 23GB of HDD left and now after a couple months of not playing I'm being forced to install another ****in' 16GB update. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How big is the DLC ? I have only 23GB of HDD left and now after a couple months of not playing I'm being forced to install another ****in' 16GB update. :mad:

Hearts of Stone is 4.31GB for me.

What enchantment are you going for?
    I have him levelled up to 3 so just deciding what to actually pick now

What enchantment are you going for?
    I have him levelled up to 3 so just deciding what to actually pick now

Just saw there is missable Witcher gear and Gwent Cards during the story missions in HoS. I got the Viper gear diagrams which looks like it has slightly better stats than the Wolf gear but I missed the Viper Steel sword diagram that you can find in
    the vault
    . The Silver sword is in the last part of the story, not there yet though.

Gwent has new cards you can win from certain characters and ones you can buy from shops including 4 new Leader variant cards.

Stuck on the boss
    Nightmare spectres
    as you get a trophy for beating them all while active and it is f*cking deadly! Determined to get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stuck on the boss
    Nightmare spectres
    as you get a trophy for beating them all while active and it is f*cking deadly! Determined to get it though.

Death March?

Apparently on New Game +, you can't start the DLC till lvl60. gulp.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Death March?

Apparently on New Game +, you can't start the DLC till lvl60. gulp.

F*cking normal man! I looked up a youtube vid and can only find 2 and both are on easy by the way the bosses health goes down. I'm 12 points shy of level 38 and have master witcher gear, they're just a balls. I beat them but hadn't activated them all but going back so I don't have to do it later (I want that 100%)

F*cking normal man! I looked up a youtube vid and can only find 2 and both are on easy by the way the bosses health goes down. I'm 12 points shy of level 38 and have master witcher gear, they're just a balls. I beat them but hadn't activated them all but going back so I don't have to do it later (I want that 100%)

Make a save now and come back to it later on easy!

Make a save now and come back to it later on easy!

Can't save where I am, it's a checkpoint that will be overwritten at some point. Think I'll just drop to easy, get the trophy and put it back up.

Can't save where I am, it's a checkpoint that will be overwritten at some point. Think I'll just drop to easy, get the trophy and put it back up.

I might finish my main Death March play through and do the DLC then....sounds hellish that bit.

There's a tax man with the new DLC that stops you randomly sometime through your travels.

He asks if you took part in the killing cows or selling pearls business over the past fiscal year :D

1474257475557152033.jpg

Skip to 0:57:

If you admit to taking part in the scam or ever robbing anything then he will charge you 200% of what you earned.

You can of course lie and he even gives you a reward for your "honour". :pac:

I love CD Project Red :cool:

• Advertisement

Why killing cows or selling pearls?

Also did anyone notice HoneyComb is no longer selling for 18g? Boooooo.

Also a quick question on Scavenger Hunts for gear. I completed the first Griffin one without buying the map [Basic]. Got a quest, it completed. I then did the enhanced set, but got no quest, either complete or not. Any ideas?

Shougeki wrote: »
    Why killing cows or selling pearls?

They were known exploits for gaining a lot of cash quick.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They were known exploits for gaining a lot of cash quick.

You must have been at it. Nobody else saw this tax collector of yours!

You must have been at it. Nobody else saw this tax collector of yours!

You caught me!

Lol nah I haven't seen him yet but I did sell quite a few pearls in my time :rolleyes:

Gas out of CDPR, weird now that one of the new trophies is cow related
    kill 20 cows, or something like that - Moo-rderer

The many against the one trophy done, fecking hell that was tough! Finished the dlc, all in all it was brilliant. Great story, characters, length, gear/weapons. I finished with the Viper Silver sword which is way better than the master wolfsword and also a steel sword for choosing a certain option at the end and it is lethal. It's called Iris if anyone wants to look it up.

I still have some side missions to do and still get the runestones upgrades. The Viper gear doesn't look great so gonna stick to Master Wolf. Cannot wait for the next expansion but Fallout 4 will definitely help fill the gap.

I just spent last night doing all the question marks in Velen so have all the diagrams for the new gear
    Still can't make the decision to pull the trigger on the Runewrights enchantments as you lose all the previous runes on the weapon so don't know if it is worth it and I can't see anyone else talking about them yet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure if I'll play this now, or wait for the 2nd expansion and do them along with my 2nd playthrough. I've a few other games i'd like to get through before Fallout 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

still level 2....... just butchered some people after my first game of gwent.

really need to sit down and commit some hours to this game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kiith wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll play this now, or wait for the 2nd expansion and do them along with my 2nd playthrough. I've a few other games i'd like to get through before Fallout 4.

Same here. Think I will wait until the next expansion is out. Play through it again then on New game + including the DLC.

Advertisement