Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I was going to attempt to play without fast travel, until I copped how large Velen is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Finally done for the night. Just have the main quest to do for the DLC. Can confirm that 3 of the DLC trophies at least are bugging out instead of popping; Return to Sender, Wild Rose Dethroned, and I Wore Ofieri Before It Was Cool. Only one of those has been officially acknowledged.

Finished it there. Such an odd story but so good; nice to see them touch on something a bit deeper in their mythology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Had great craic last night with this. Went wandering around Skellige looking for mischief. Found it in the form of a very large fiend, which happened to be the target of the quest "Missing Son" or something like that. Tough enough fight as it was just a level or two above me so I had to step carefully. I have to say it was the most I enjoyed fighting something in the Witcher in a long while because of the challenge. So much so that I upped the difficulty after the fight. Also, the lair of said fiend had the diagram for a mastercrafted Witcher sword which was pretty nice.

After that I went to deal with a ghost at a light house.
    Definitely something else going on there. The quest was grand but I want to know who did what to get the penitent to appear.

Afterwards, I was having a few scoops with the contract issuer when I was approached by some likely looking lads.
    Opted to fight (as always cause Geralt ain't no bitch) and my drinking partner got killed. Pricks. Sliced the killers up good after that. The other villagers, displeased at this turn of events, took me to madman Lugos. I'm currently doing the Cave of Dreams quest that results from that meeting. Then I'm going back to the village to butcher the ****er who tried to have me killed.

I really dislike Skellige people after last night, particularly the more rural ones. Always looking for a fight, and then when you give them one and chop them up into bits, they lose their **** and try to have you hanged.

The game actually does a very good job of making you feel like an outcast. The only place your character feels welcome in the game (so far) is at the Witcher's keep. Everywhere else is hostile, particularly in Novigrad where they build bonfires out of mages.

Went back to clean up something I missed in Hearts of Stone, and shocker, trophy is glitched. That's four. These guys make some great games but are a terror for this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not bad, 16 hours worth of gameplay from a supposed 10 hour dlc
    the next one is supposed to be 20 hours long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Hey guys, question for ye.

I'm currently level 11. I've been following the story to a small extent, and I'm just after helping the Baron find his wife.

I'm following the level requirements as best as possible. However, levelling is sloooow :p

So, I've been running around, doing Witcher contracts and finding all the big question marks on the map.

Is this the best way to do it? or should these be left until later (i.e. say level 20, or does the gear they drop not scale with your current level?)

Additionally, should I be salvaging all weapons found for materials or selling them for gold?

I'm a hoarder, so I pick up everything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hey guys, question for ye.

I'm currently level 11. I've been following the story to a small extent, and I'm just after helping the Baron find his wife.

I'm following the level requirements as best as possible. However, levelling is sloooow :p

So, I've been running around, doing Witcher contracts and finding all the big question marks on the map.

Is this the best way to do it? or should these be left until later (i.e. say level 20, or does the gear they drop not scale with your current level?)

Additionally, should I be salvaging all weapons found for materials or selling them for gold?

I'm a hoarder, so I pick up everything.

The Bloody Baron series of quests could have made up their game entire. They also wait till some other plot points elsewhere have progressed (unless I'm confusing it with other quests).

Each quest will have a recommended level, so don't fret about getting detoured, or dropping in and out of the chain of quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sell all the low level weapons that you don't need otherwise they will just build up and I never really salvaged anything as you pick up enough stuff through the normal course of the game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And keep an eye for the improved saddle bags, as getting weighed down and subsequently dumping items can be both annoying and tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

You can get a full set of Nilfgaardian Horse gear from the quartermaster in Bloody Barons keep [opposite the smith]
    Sell your weapons to a smith, and your armor to an armourer. They pay more for their respectives.
    I found that the higher the level the NPC, the more they pay. The guys in Novigrad seem to pay more.
    Sell your books to the Librarian in Novigrad. He pays the most.
    I did the same with wandering off the track a lot. Im lvl18 [I think] and just kind of starting the Novigrad stuff.
    I find that once I hit 13/14 I started to level quicker. Also note you get sweet f*** all for grey quests, including story quests [I believe]. So if you go wandering about then you will miss story exp. [Some quests in Novigrad were as low as lvl 7 when I was 16. Looked at the enemies and they fell over]
    Your stash seems to be of inifinite size, but finding anything is a pain in the ass.
    Wander around and collect the Witcher gear. Griffin lvl1&2 and Cat lvl1 are all easy to find. Great to have crafted when you hit that level as they are better than random drops [generally]

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GodlessM wrote: »
    Went back to clean up something I missed in Hearts of Stone, and shocker, trophy is glitched. That's four. These guys make some great games but are a terror for this stuff.

Looks like 1 of your trophies will be fixed anyway with the new patch. I heard about the issues, not even going for the trophies until I know they're all fixed.

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/patch_1_11_changelog_en.pdf

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Looks like 1 of your trophies will be fixed anyway with the new patch. I heard about the issues, not even going for the trophies until I know they're all fixed.

http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/patch_1_11_changelog_en.pdf

Yeah the Ofieri one was acknowledged immediately because it wasn't just glitches, the items don't exist in the game yet. The others work for some people and not for others. Bit of a mess though.

Go kill cows while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This game in a nutshell!

e09Ivic.jpg?1

struggling to make gold.. Any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads is there any way to take more than one 70% toxicity potion at a time? I tried upgrading character but the descriptions are confusing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill probably get slaughtered for this but im finding it more enjoyable just roaming around and doing random quests rather than doing the main story [as i did with skyrim]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm trying to finish this game but every time I load it up and plan to head to the isle of mists I get distracted by random stuff on the map. There's still so many ?'s.

Loving every minute of it though, what a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Is the Isle of Mists the end of the main story? I'm almost ready to go there but have a lot of side quests still to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Is the Isle of Mists the end of the main story? I'm almost ready to go there but have a lot of side quests still to do.
    There's at least 10 hours of main quests after that and a few more good sized side quests. One thing though, some side quests will automatically fail once you go there. Make a save, go to the Isle of Mists and if you get a quest failed notice load up your previous save and finish that quest before you go there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

So going to buy this. Any suggestions where I might get this online for a bit cheaper? I've browsed the last few pages but would prefer not to have to go through all 200ish (and having to avoid spoilers in the mean time!). Should i buy the expansion packs as well or they not worth the effort? Probably a stupid question :p

Thanks in advance :) (greenman gaming is sold out :( )

EDIT: nevermind just bought it for full price on steam. Too impatient haha ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BKtje wrote: »
    So going to buy this. Any suggestions where I might get this online for a bit cheaper? I've browsed the last few pages but would prefer not to have to go through all 200ish (and having to avoid spoilers in the mean time!). Should i buy the expansion packs as well or they not worth the effort? Probably a stupid question :p

Thanks in advance :) (greenman gaming is sold out :( )

EDIT: nevermind just bought it for full price on steam. Too impatient haha ;)

Take your pick, and bookmark dlccompare while your at it, its very handy.

http://www.dlcompare.com/games/793/buy-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Aha excellent. Will come in handy in the future. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Finished the books. Including the last two ones that only have fan-translations.

They add enormous amounts of depth to the series and bring you pretty much right up to the start of the Witcher.

It's a pretty epic journey from start to finish.
    I wish I'd read it before I'd played the games, but coming at it from the opposite direction was interesting in it's own way.

So here I am, having finished a series of 10 stories between the books and games.
    Feel a bit empty.:o

Still, the plan was to start the trilogy from the start again with a new appreciation for all the characters so that's what I'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I know I'm so so so late to the party on this and still only level 15, but this game.

All the branching side quests that really don't feel arbitrary in any way shape or form. I mean.... I just did the quest
    Fencing lessons, and those crafty projekters made me more interested in a spoilt brat/fire brand periphery character in TWO scenes than Ubisoft ever managed over about 1 million assassins creed games.

The amount of sheer effort on the dev team's part. ****ing hell.

sheep? wrote: »
    I know I'm so so so late to the party on this and still only level 15, but this game.

All the branching side quests that really don't feel arbitrary in any way shape or form. I mean.... I just did the quest
    Fencing lessons, and those crafty projekters made me more interested in a spoilt brat/fire brand periphery character in TWO scenes than Ubisoft ever managed over about 1 million assassins creed games.

The amount of sheer effort on the dev team's part. ****ing hell.

But that's the trick about this game, nothing actually is arbitrary or insignificant, and you will see a lot more of that unfold as you progress more, especially once you hit Hearts of Stone.

ugh... this love triangle is annoying!! :p
    slept with Yen.. Then failed a quest, "a last wish" or something called that. And she's more than pissed off at me.....

But I want to change to Triss....Might have given her the cold shoulder too much though...

Level 22, and currently recruiting people to fight the
    wild Hunt, but need to go get Ciri first
    so I'm not going to start the game again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

BKtje wrote: »
    Aha excellent. Will come in handy in the future. Cheers!

Another site: http://www.allkeyshop.com/

Almost finished Death March and God, Imlerith was a bitch. Felt more like a Souls fight than a Witched fight. Glad that's over.

• Advertisement

Ok... this love triangle annoyed me....

New game started!....

almost 70 hours in and I couldn't take it anymore :p

This time: Triss gets it all :p

Advertisement