Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    There were hoods in Witcher 2. Maybe there are some in the new DLC.

I will be sticking with my beard, shaved sides and pony tail. Not hiding that under a hood.
    Skerries wrote: »
    Snap!

Stop jocking my style!

365274.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stop jocking my style!

365274.PNG
    The barman approves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I'm new to the game, just started it Saturday evening. I keep getting ability points when I level up but can't spend/use them. When I go into the character screen I got to upgrade one thing three times and everything else has zeroes on it, even though there are empty boxes. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Any good deals on the expansion(s) around at the moment or is it fairly standard €25 for the season pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

What would ye recommend as a starting difficulty level? I've the game sitting in my backlog unplayed for the last 2 months and I feel I've finally enough time to get to it heading into the winter.

I've already completed The Witcher 2, but I have no idea what difficulty level I was at - in general I found the combat in that difficult initially, but I didnt have any issues once I got the hang of the controls and would usually only die when outnumbered by more than 2 enemies or from a ranged attacker engaging whilst I was dealing with swordsmen.

I've been playing on hard and dropping to medium if I get stuck badly in an area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Have Hearts of Stone installed now. If only I had of thought of New Zealand store 8 hours ago...

Anyone know how it opens up in game? I know there will be a standalone option at the menu but i wonder how to start it up when i load up my last save.

dCMwqVc.png?1

Runewrights:

kAmeEne.png?1

New trophies :D

Win a round of Gwent with a deck strength of 187 'Killed It' :D

• Advertisement

So if you've finished the game and Geralt is hanging out in KM, if you choose the middle option do you just start in KM with the quest activated? Is there any reference to all the stuff that happened in your ending or is it just like it all never happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So if you've finished the game and Geralt is hanging out in KM, if you choose the middle option do you just start in KM with the quest activated? Is there any reference to all the stuff that happened in your ending or is it just like it all never happened?

I think the time line is, the ending has not happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so we should go for the middle option if we have finished the game so?

Skerries wrote: »
    so we should go for the middle option if we have finished the game so?

Yupp. Option 1 is you are starting a brand new game of Witcher 3 as a level 1 character. HoS will be open after prologue but recommends a level 30 character.

Option 2 is loading up your current save file and jumping in

Option 3 is a default level 30 Geralt so you can go straight into HoS if you don't feel like waiting to build a level 30 guy.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think the time line is, the ending has not happened yet.

That's disappointing IMO.

Devs said they have tweaked the dialogue to suit different points you might be at in your story but one of the 1st cut scenes threw me a bit as guards were talking they would be bring me to King Radovid...
    Even though I had him killed in my walkthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just downloaded this. Gonna give it a crack tonight :)

Me & Ciri are goin witchin :D

Was it just the PS4 that got a boxed version of the expansion :confused:

I know it's just a download code but the gwent deck is mighty tempting, I'd nearly buy it for PS4 and try and sell one of you nice chaps the code :o

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I'm only level 14 at the minute. Should I wait to level up more or can I play it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I'm only level 14 at the minute. Should I wait to level up more or can I play it now?

Recommended level is 30 - so yes, wait.

I'd at least wait till you're level 27ish!

Yeah, I'm level 33 and some of the fights like an early boss fight will be very very tough for a level 14.

Yeah, I'm level 33 and some of the fights like an early boss fight will be very very tough for a level 14.
    I stated HoS at 35 and I'm finding it really hard so far.
    Boxer kicked my ass and it took me a bunch of tries to beat the mage and his warriors after the boat crash
    - maybe it's just that I'm rusty having not played for a bit?

I stated HoS at 35 and I'm finding it really hard so far.
    Boxer kicked my ass and it took me a bunch of tries to beat the mage and his warriors after the boat crash
    - maybe it's just that I'm rusty having not played for a bit?

Yeah found them tough as well, I was used to just dancing through guys, glad this has kept up the difficulty, worse part is the loading screen (ps4). Feels like ages to get back into the action.

Also, Vlod is some character! :pac:

Yeah found them tough as well, I was used to just dancing through guys, glad this has kept up the difficulty, worse part is the loading screen (ps4). Feels like ages to get back into the action.

Also, Vlod is some character! :pac:
    Loading is very bad on XBONE too! A lot of glitches for me - guys with no head but full bodies and floating hair is the funniest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

I've had few quest ruining bugs on my play through i wonder will the patch of sorted any of them. One in particular where you fight the werewolf i beat him and he keep howling as if he's alive and the quest wont complete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Only really getting back into this now after a lengthy break. My god it is deep. Anyone recommend the best armor? On the hunt for the wolf gear, but mostly because I've just reached Karen Mohren (o god the spelling) and it gave me an excuse to look around. Do I have much left in the main quest?

jones wrote: »
    I've had few quest ruining bugs on my play through i wonder will the patch of sorted any of them. One in particular where you fight the werewolf i beat him and he keep howling as if he's alive and the quest wont complete
    Checked last night - not fixed unfortunately :(

Only really getting back into this now after a lengthy break. My god it is deep. Anyone recommend the best armor? On the hunt for the wolf gear, but mostly because I've just reached Karen Mohren (o god the spelling) and it gave me an excuse to look around. Do I have much left in the main quest?
    Mastercrafted wolf gear is my favourite, but my play style really suited feline as well.

• Advertisement

Anyone else find the Cow Gwent card? A whopping attack of 0 with no abilities :pac:

Advertisement