Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Finally beat the game and the expansion. Absolutely brilliant overall. The movement annoyed me a bit but that was the main thing. Not going to bother with NG+, will wait for the best expansion before picking it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

what was your final finish time?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hey guys,
    Just wondering how long is the expansion roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

sheep? wrote: »
    The amount of sheer effort on the dev team's part. ****ing hell.

Thats what I couldn't get over when I finally completed it last month. The sheer scale of even the side quest, one in particular Ill mention when your hunting the serial Killer I assumed it would last maybe half hour or so at best but it took me the best part of an hour to complete. Hell even the Witcher Contract have depth and scale to them that you wouldn't see in most games.

Hats off to the Dev team!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I have kind of done all the side quests and so forth and am just about to
    Talk to some Yen & druid guy about some forests getting knocked all over the gaff which I believe is almost the end of Act I

What I am wondering is what kind of level should I be aiming at finishing Act I?
    Also is it worth playing the DLC before finishing the game?

I generally don't ever go back and play something a second time.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Shougeki wrote: »
    I have kind of done all the side quests and so forth and am just about to
    Talk to some Yen & druid guy about some forests getting knocked all over the gaff which I believe is almost the end of Act I

What I am wondering is what kind of level should I be aiming at finishing Act I?
    Also is it worth playing the DLC before finishing the game?

I generally don't ever go back and play something a second time.....

You can continue the game after it's over and play the DLc, so up to you really. It's 10+ hours long so if you don't want to get distracted from the main story for that long then probably best to wait til afterwards. it's also more difficult than the main game so it might make sense in that aspect too.

In terms of levelling, you're likely at the right one. most of the XP in the game comes from the main quests as opposed to side ones and ? grinding so it's very difficult to not be at the appropriate level. Anyway, it should tell you in the journal what the recommended quest levels are so you'll know that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering how long is the expansion roughly?

roughly 10 hours for the main mission and another 6 for all the side quests for me anyway

the next expansion is supposed to be twice the size

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

held off on completing the game for a while, until the expac came out.
    now I have it and have completed the game ready to do the expac in the post game.
    not sure if I should start ng+ and do the expac as part of that or hold off on NG+ until the next expac.
    kind of frustrated that you're maxed out at 30 something levels, seems pointless doing NG+ if leveling up now becomes pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

held off on completing the game for a while, until the expac came out.
    now I have it and have completed the game ready to do the expac in the post game.
    not sure if I should start ng+ and do the expac as part of that or hold off on NG+ until the next expac.
    kind of frustrated that you're maxed out at 30 something levels, seems pointless doing NG+ if leveling up now becomes pointless.

Where did you get that idea? Level cap is in the 70s somewhere. Sure my Geralt is Level 42.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Where did you get that idea? Level cap is in the 70s somewhere. Sure my Geralt is Level 42.

Not level cap. But only having 12 slots. Kind of a soft cap at level 32 or something.
    I'm level 36 now and have lost interest in leveling as I can't get new usable skills.
    Well I can get them but I'll need to change them out all the time and that's annoying

Like the axii conversation skill, I'm always forgetting to swap that in so it's pointless having it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not level cap. But only having 12 slots. Kind of a soft cap at level 32 or something.
    I'm level 36 now and have lost interest in leveling as I can't get new usable skills.
    Well I can get them but I'll need to change them out all the time and that's annoying

Like the axii conversation skill, I'm always forgetting to swap that in so it's pointless having it

Yeah that was a rare bit of crappy design alright.

Especially considering how many skills they added. Seems a waste. Fights get real easy too quick. Be much more engaging if they were harder and forced full use of all abilities oils bombs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Witcher is getting the live-action treatment in a new film based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/5/9676266/the-witcher-live-action-film-adaptation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The Witcher is getting the live-action treatment in a new film based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/5/9676266/the-witcher-live-action-film-adaptation

I'd be very surprised if what is still a pretty niche IP would produce anything other than utter ****e in the cinema.

I'd love so dearly to be wrong though.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Finished Hearts of Stone and I say I got a solid 15 hours out of it. It was a great bit of DLC,
    I was delighted to get the full viper set at the end of it
    , cant wait for the next one. Their saying its going to be 20 hours but if this anything to go by it will be at least 30. I know Fallout 4 isn't even out yet but I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Witcher 3 is my game of the year.

I grimaced when I read the only film worth mentioning from those producers was The Mummy. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Finished Hearts of Stone and I say I got a solid 15 hours out of it. It was a great bit of DLC,
    I was delighted to get the full viper set at the end of it
    , cant wait for the next one. Their saying its going to be 20 hours but if this anything to go by it will be at least 30. I know Fallout 4 isn't even out yet but I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Witcher 3 is my game of the year.
    At the rate I'm going, I think I'll be finished HoS literally the day that Fallout 4 arrives. I'm really enjoying HoS though, it has got a brilliant main questline.

I grimaced when I read the only film worth mentioning from those producers was The Mummy. Oh well.

The Mummy was awesome. The rest not so great :P
    At the rate I'm going, I think I'll be finished HoS literally the day that Fallout 4 arrives. I'm really enjoying HoS though, it has got a brilliant main questline.

Im just after starting
    Ugly Baby
    having completed everything else I could. Any idea how many hours I have left? I want to pick up HoS, but as I generally only play things once [and have quite a massive backlog anyways], I am kind of thinking of relaxing a little, finishing this, then going straight into FO4....

Albeit I do also have a tendency to leave games 90/95% complete. I'm looking at you PoE, MadMax, DA:I, Borderlands2, RAGE, Mount&Blade, BioshockInfinity, BloodBowl, SpaceHulk. Jesus that list is depressing now that I look at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭Corvo

Im just after starting
    Ugly Baby
    having completed everything else I could. Any idea how many hours I have left?

A long, long way to go yet.

Long long long.

LONG.

I tend to just power through the main quest these days. Not enough hours in the day and my interest in single player games wanes pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    A long, long way to go yet.

Long long long.

LONG.

Really? I thought I was nearly done really. I mean Im level 29, and thought that people finished roughly on 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Really? I thought I was nearly done really. I mean Im level 29, and thought that people finished roughly on 34?
    It's the first quest in Act 2 of 3 in TWH.

I'm thinking of the wrong mission.

Still...

Long way to go.

Long.

I'm not sure whether that is good or bad! :P

Nah just kidding, thats great news. Will keep me busy until next weekend when the release bugs from FO4 are ironed out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Corvo wrote: »
    I'm thinking of the wrong mission.

Still...

Long way to go.

Long.

You were talking about the
    Botchling
    yeah?

ERG89 wrote: »
    You were talking about the
    Botchling
    yeah?

Ha, yes. That's the one I was thinking of.

Glad to see good reviews of HoS. Just downloaded it last night and will get stuck into it over the weekend.

I hadn't played TW3 in a few weeks, came back after the download of HoS to a 17GB update. I nearly dropped dead.

Just started this recently. The graphics really are outstanding. Do people use keyboard and mouse or controller? Are there any mods to increase the text size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Just started this recently. The graphics really are outstanding. Do people use keyboard and mouse or controller? Are there any mods to increase the text size?

I usually hate keyboard and mouse but I find it works well with this game. If you use k&m just be sure to remap the dodge and strong attack keys to your 3rd and 4th mouse buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

How can you be level 29 at the start of Ugly Baby? Did you faux grind or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

How does one faux grind? Sounds durty. >_>

Advertisement