Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition: Variations on a theme 11 (VOAT)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I am Nerfy . . . an 18 year old woman . . . I look a bit like Yolandi.

I have to say I love that track. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Damn, just saw this now. I`d like to enter another VOAT. Not sure if I`ll get the time. We`ll see though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How's everyone getting on with this? I started mine last week but I've been in a terrible funk since. I can't concentrate and want to spend all my spare time outside of work sleeping. I'm still hoping I can finish though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Das Kitty wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on with this? I started mine last week but I've been in a terrible funk since. I can't concentrate and want to spend all my spare time outside of work sleeping. I'm still hoping I can finish though.

Ehm, congratulations? :)

Ehm, congratulations? :)

You can remove the question mark. :P

Thanks. I forgot how crap this bit is. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I will start tonight or tomorrow, have the time off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

I wrote a 12-page script sample the other day, so I've been writing. Just not VOAT writing. I'll start soon. I promise... kinda. Maybe. I don't promise.

Oh God! The VOAT story!

*checks closing date*

Oh thank goodness, I can forget about it for a couple more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I have cellulitis on my face. One of my eyes was virtually swollen closed yesterday, though it's way better today. That said, my face is still lopsided. And I'm trying all I can not to scratch the rest of my face which currently has the texture of sandpaper. There, my excuse for not starting yet.

It's a good one, right? Well, only if I write with my face. Which I do... not. Man, I have got to stop procrastinating.

Apparently, you remember things better if you write them in blue rather than black ink. Yup, random fact for the day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I came up with an idea but I duno if I'll have time tbh

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    I came up with an idea but I duno if I'll have time tbh

*looks at bluewolf with a disappointed yet hopeful look*

Ventures of a Toasters-park

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My half ar5ed, poorly written effort will never see the light of day, sadly, as I wont get a chance to finish it. Probably just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

HOLY CRAP THE DEADLINE FOR THIS IS TOMORROW!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

This has been a very hard VOAT. (For me anyway, if you had a good idea I am sure it wasn't too bad) But It has been enjoyable.

Silly question but did you know that VOAT is said to be the correct spelling for the word Vote?

One of the useless facts I dragged out from the depths of my computer while i was scratching around for ideas.

How many stories will actually beat the deadline?

Seeing as someone else has finished I'm going to do my best to get mine done.

Pray for Mojo.

Okay toasters, I've dashed off a quick story, just for you. You better vote for it. If you can identify it. :p
    :pac:
    :D
    not great but better than nothing
    I thought the deadline was today
    super productive!

Back to study now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Okay toasters, I've dashed off a quick story, just for you. You better vote for it. If you can identify it. :p
    :pac:
    :D
    not great but better than nothing
    I thought the deadline was tomorrow
    super productive!

Back to study now...

I thought it was tomorrow too. Have I missed it?

I'm a bit special
    That should have said: "I thought the deadline was today, not tomorrow."

I still have to write mine! Pressure's on now!!

• Advertisement

Are you done yet

Are you done yet

Em, still trying to work out an idea. :o

I meant toasty with his pressure :D

Good thing you didn't mean me, because I fell asleep again. :-/

Le cry.

Are you done yet

Tsch, yeah! Of course!!!

Hahahaha....

Dang, I thought for a moment I had an idea.:o I might just jot down 2,000 words about something. Reading them may be like chewing chunks of glass but I may edit it a little tomorrow and it might be, somewhat, passable.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

can't think of nowt like

gonna have to bow out gracefully

best of luck to whoever managed to get further than I did.

It's not happening, folks.

I feel like I'm trying to type in a foreign language here. It's a pity because I have the skeleton mapped out for it.

Anyway. More sleepies for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

Some eejit after washing the word VOAT of me garage door, and why did I think it was the 27th this is the weekend, I do have a story in my head but ar sh1t.

Good Luck Everyone, Keep the Flow going and the words will follow.

Anyone knows any good songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IXoqHVbekI&feature=player_detailpage

• Advertisement

Going out for a walk at night time and this usually help me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3L_FAVB0hU

Advertisement