Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Beauty Bloggers. Mod note in Post 7

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

That So Sue me blog is gone huge!!She has a book and false lashes out now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Toast4532 wrote: »
    When you get it up and running, post a link here. I love seeing your posts and would love to read your blog! :)

PS: I'm not a creep! :o

That's not creepy at all! I'm going to start at the weekend so I will be back with a link :)
    PlayGirl wrote: »
    I use blogger and quite like it! Nice layouts etc.

My main frustration with it is I tend to blog on yay iPad and the app they have, while lovely, doesn't have the same formatting options for blog posts.. You can't link from it, can't change writing etc to be centered and can't schedule posts on it! And the website itself is slightly temperamental on iPad when trying to add in these edits..

Does anyone else find this?

I thought blogger looked nice, so I'll give that a shot! I don't have an iPad so hopefully won't have those issues. /crosses fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Okay, so I have a blog now: http://the-wallflowerrr.blogspot.ie/

I'm gonna have to do a lot of work on the layout etc. before I'm happy with it and I'm still trying to figure out how to follow you guys (:o, I've managed some!) but if you wanna follow me, I'm sure eventually I'll know what I'm doing! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I've decided to take the first steps into the land of blogging and I have to say it's actually a lot harder than I originally thought! The fact that I'm terrible with computers does not help in the slightest!

I started off using wordpress but found blogger was a bit easier to navigate. I love reading through other people's bogs so I'm hoping that over time I'll be able to refine and tweak my own and make it look like it wasn't put together by a 10 year old child! Think I might have to get my little brother to help me step out of the stone age and make it a bit more user-friendly!

Does anyone have any tips on how to get to grips with blogger? Or is it just trial and error?

My own personal favourites are viva adonis, fluff and fripperies and beaut.ie!

If anyone wants to have a look at mine and give some constructive criticism (I'm a big girl, I won't cry!) I'd be really grateful!

http://lashesandleopard.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Is there a community for beauty bloggers in Ireland? Somewhere you can make contact with most of the bloggers? I work for an Irish cosmetics company and I would like to get in contact and work with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

If you use the hashtag #irishbbloggers on twitter you'll find most of them contact you pretty fast and retweet it for others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I thought I'd bump this thread and mention my own blog, http://ilyanaroseblog.wordpress.com/

I'd love for people to take a look and give some constructive feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Just made a blog, only have one post but hoping to bump that up a little and maybe get a few followers :)

http://lemonworldtimes.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

• Registered Users Posts: 11 prettyboybaker

The wife just setup a beauty blog in the past weeks. You can get it at www.thebeautyinbox.com . Didn't realise the beauty blogging community in Ireland was so big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Jellytotsx

Gosh some really great blogs out there! And hurray for homegrown ones, way to go. Love getting ideas and seeing all the lovely pictures. I noticed that this one wasn't on here and I just thought I'd pop it in, it's a really cute blog and I really enjoy it! It's an irish one too and the girl who does it has some really lovely ideas.

http://www.dreaminginsequins.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I just started up my own blog, its nothing special, just somewhere for me to write my own reviews, recommendations etc.

I absolutely love reading beauty blogs and watching Youtube videos and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Great to see so many Irish blogs popping up if you have one you should get yourselves on Twitter and get in touch with all the other irish beauty bloggers, there's a great community out there that will support you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I like watching Laura from my make up perspective, and lovelygirlybits. My laptop broke so I'm missing it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cossiem0d0

I just found this thread and I'm so excited to follow all these great Irish blogs! I've just recently started reading beauty blogs and it has totally changed how I shop for products - I'm usually a marketers dream (as in I'll buy anything that has cute packaging) but since I've started reading blogs and reviews my make up collection is so much better...so thanks to all the awesome beauty bloggers!

Here's my blog - sugarhigh.ie and twitter is @sugar_high_ek (SmokeyEyes - love the #irishbbloggers)

Keep those blog posts coming ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Just found this thread too.... Must get reading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Hey everyone!

I am not Irish but have been living here since 2011 (I was in Dublin for almost 3 years. And now I am in Belfast). So my beauty choices are affected mostly by products and bloggers here :)

Here's my very very new blog. Please take a look:

dragongirlred.blogspot.com

TY!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Hi girls! If any of ye are on Instagram will you send me on your username. I have a wedding blog and like to feature make up artists or anyone in general recommending good products/looks. Whatever I feature is alway credited and results in increased traffic to your page.
    No money gifting or anything of the like involved! I just want to share the prettys ☺

Lily x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

PLL wrote: »
    Hi girls! If any of ye are on Instagram will you send me on your username. I have a wedding blog and like to feature make up artists or anyone in general recommending good products/looks. Whatever I feature is alway credited and results in increased traffic to your page.
    No money gifting or anything of the like involved! I just want to share the prettys ☺

Lily x

Will do. What is your instagram name Lily?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Could anyone recommend a beauty blogger (preferably Irish but doesn't have to be) that writes about hair and hair dyes? Looking for some inspiration/reviews for dying my hair weird colours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Hi everyone!

I'm an Irish blogger, focusing mainly on beauty & fashion. I'm from Limerick but based in Dublin at the moment.
    You can find my blog at aoifeweefa.wordpress.com and you can also follow me on facebook/aoifeweefa or Twitter @aoifeweefa

I'm looking forward to reading some of the other Irish blogs and getting to know the Irish blogging community!

Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Is it me or has a bitchy element crept into Beaut. One or two comments recently sniping at someone who didn't agree with the posts....
    There is one girl who posts reviews, and in each article people ask her about her eyelashes and she never replies to anyone about it. Its obvious they are inserts/fakes but she never acknowledges these comments. These are compliments!! A bit of common courtesy would not go astray

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irishgirl2015

Hi im on the hunt for more Irish beauty bloggers to watch. I watch a few of the Dublin ones its grand that you can pop into town and get the products :) I watch letzmakeup and the makeupchair all the time I've recently came across dramaticmac I love her videos she seems like such a down to earth girl! Another girl I watch is xbabyfacexo she's more of a personality with the odd beauty I think but I like her pure Dublin girl She doesn't take **** off anyone and actually talks to you like you're a friend. Any of you watch or follow any Irish you tubers on insta or snap chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into the larger Beauty Bloggers thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I used to love Viva Adonis although they aren't vloggers. In the last couple of months though, the posting is sporadic and a month might go by without a post so I'm also looking for new blogs or vlogs to follow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Hi ladies,

I just wrote my very first beauty post. I'd love to hear about your favourite skincare products!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Hi ladies,

I just wrote my very first beauty post. I'd love to hear about your favourite skincare products!

We'll I had a look and it's refreshing to a beauty blog post that isn't riddled with grammar or spelling errors! Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭JellieBabie

Hi ladies,

Well I had a look and it's refreshing to a beauty blog post that isn't riddled with grammar or spelling errors! Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Well I had a look and it's refreshing to a beauty blog post that isn't riddled with grammar or spelling errors! Best of luck with it

Thanks - glad you enjoyed it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement